Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1931: City of Angels (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1931-city-angels-18399/)

dannyhatch 02-26-2014 03:50 PM

1931: City of Angels

with Calise Hawkins

https://twitter.com/calisehawkins

Share this episode: City of Angels (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Enunciated Piffle 02-26-2014 04:27 PM

Future Mrs Piffle...

A++++

Corey420 02-26-2014 04:39 PM

Just started listening but I am so happy to hear lick my suck my, I was going to send an email today asking for this because I was listening to some old episodes and forgot all about it. Just tickled.

Scumhook 02-26-2014 05:08 PM

Holy fucking shit.

What a rollercoaster of an ep.

This one had me laughing, agreeing, disagreeing, and thinking. Given the topics & points of view that were raised, this could have easily deteriorated into a disrespectful shit-slinging fest, but K&C show how it's done.

And the payoff was that ending...

WSEIII 02-26-2014 05:38 PM

Inner circle - bad boys with lyrics(cops theme song) - YouTube

Hey the virgin Mary was roughly thirteen when God impregnated her, so kid sex is ok?

lizsquiz 02-26-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 805386)

Hey the virgin Mary was roughly thirteen when God impregnated her, so kid sex is ok?

Ohmygod.

JSZilla 02-26-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 805401)
Ohmygod.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS REAL ANYMORE. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

littlp 02-26-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

for fuck's sake WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE????

Also, I would love to hear Calise on a WMN episode. She has some interesting perspectives...

WSEIII 02-26-2014 09:05 PM

You will notice the question mark at the end of my statement. I'm also deleting my previous post.

Keith 02-26-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

God already saw it. We might as.

littlp 02-26-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 805493)
You will notice the question mark at the end of my statement. I'm also deleting my previous post.

Question mark doesn't make any difference

Scumhook 02-26-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 805493)

For the record, I thought it was fucking hilarious. :D :D

And you're going to hell.

Enunciated Piffle 02-26-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlp (Post 805488)
I would love to hear Calise on a WMN episode. She has some interesting perspectives...

I loved Calise.

Totally agree with her being on WMN, but also think she should just have her own podcast.

Holy shit. This woman can talk!!

invader 02-26-2014 11:35 PM

Sleep paralysis is actually pretty well understood. I use to get it a lot, especially when I was in my early twenties. It does freak you the fuck out if you don't really understand it. But after learning about it, when it did happen it was fairly easy to talk yourself down. Unless of course you chose to ignore the research and think it may actually be alien vets giving you a check up.

Enunciated Piffle 02-27-2014 12:08 AM

I would like to know what scares Keith more:

George Zimmerman's gun collection

or

The fact that Celise votes

BritPete 02-27-2014 12:42 AM

I watched the show live last night for the first time and then dreamt that I met hugsey. What a lovely dog.

Super Mario 02-27-2014 02:44 AM

The biebs conversation had me

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rdcf84.jpg

jesikat 02-27-2014 06:19 AM

Calise was a very entertaining guest, but she was exponentially more interesting toward the end of this episode where it felt like she was being real.

Great show, have her back please! :D

JSZilla 02-27-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 805502)
For the record, I thought it was fucking hilarious. :D :D

And you're going to hell.

I laughed too. But only before I realized who said it. Then my brain was full of fuck. And I began questioning reality. I still don't even know what to think. Was this a joke? Am I a tight wad? Can he do that? Is this new?

John Harvey 02-27-2014 07:15 AM

Great show folks.

My two penneth on the Beibs - we should not give him the oxygen of publicity. Especially those of us over the age of 20. He's a little kid being a douchey little kid, if we ignore him - well he might not go away, but we won't have to put up with his shit quite as much. edit: which is to say, this is how I would answer Chemda's question about 'what do we do with him?'

Beibs is top podcast fodder though, KATG aren't the only show I listen to that covers him. Grownups just love to hate the little shithead.

But at the same time, I resent the fact that I even know his name, let alone anything else about him.

Blitzgal 02-27-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 805508)
Sleep paralysis is actually pretty well understood. I use to get it a lot, especially when I was in my early twenties. It does freak you the fuck out if you don't really understand it. But after learning about it, when it did happen it was fairly easy to talk yourself down. Unless of course you chose to ignore the research and think it may actually be alien vets giving you a check up.

I get it when I sleep too much. Now I know to make myself wake up to stop it, but yeah, it's freaky. Usually I think that someone is breaking into the apartment and rummaging around my room and I'm on the bed, unable to move.

focusthief 02-27-2014 07:22 AM

was I listening to the same show?? Calise was all over the place and over-the-top hyper....I barely made it through the episode. she is clearly manic.

dori 02-27-2014 08:28 AM

This episode is a great example of how amazing Keith and Chemda have become at being interviewers. Calise was pretty insane 75% of the episode and they let her rant, while still trying to keep some discussion going. Then as usual Keith ALWAYS gets it right when he yells out these random comments like "who touched you/ did your daddy leave you/ you got raped/ etc". Its like he's got this idiot savant magical power (not calling him an idiot, just saying that he always seems to say it like he's fucking around but it turns out to be spot on). Then Chemda is like his tennis partner because she comes in with the empathy.. After Keith drops the bombshell, Chemda delves deeper :eek: I could hear the transition from Calise's manic state to this sudden child-like soberness when Chemda was questioning her.

If you two ever quit the talk show, just know you could set up a new form of therapy. Consisting of: 1. Keith yelling out traumas and getting to the root of the person
2. Chemda soothing out the details and helping the person

:p Hahaha this was amazing, just great to listen to. Didn't think at all that's where the episode would go.

dori 02-27-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dori (Post 805659)
This episode is a great example of how amazing Keith and Chemda have become at being interviewers. Calise was pretty insane 75% of the episode and they let her rant, while still trying to keep some discussion going. Then as usual Keith ALWAYS gets it right when he yells out these random comments like "who touched you/ did your daddy leave you/ you got raped/ etc". Its like he's got this idiot savant magical power (not calling him an idiot, just saying that he always seems to say it like he's fucking around but it turns out to be spot on). Then Chemda is like his tennis partner because she comes in with the empathy.. After Keith drops the bombshell, Chemda delves deeper :eek: I could hear the transition from Calise's manic state to this sudden child-like soberness when Chemda was questioning her.

If you two ever quit the talk show, just know you could set up a new form of therapy. Consisting of: 1. Keith yelling out traumas and getting to the root of the person
2. Chemda soothing out the details and helping the person

:p Hahaha this was amazing, just great to listen to. Didn't think at all that's where the episode would go.

I also wanted to add that the last part of the show sounded like a collaboration of My name is Keith with Whats my name. These two have great interviewing skills separately and bring them together, its INSANE :D:eek:

Phaenix 02-27-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focusthief (Post 805653)
was I listening to the same show?? Calise was all over the place and over-the-top hyper....I barely made it through the episode. she is clearly manic.

If JFOD was talking like that on the show, I think KATG would call an ambulance. She must have been rocking back and forth like a loon - her voice kept fading in and out.

Czarveillance 02-27-2014 09:43 AM

There's a fine line between quirky and irritating. Calise got a running start and jumped clear over irritating right into obnoxious. Aside from her unbearable cackle, she clearly could not have cared less about anything K or C said during the episode and tried to hijack it with her insane bullshit at every turn. She spouted her ignorant opinions with such confidence but then when questioned about it acted like "who really knows and who really cares?"

Please have her on again.

New here 02-27-2014 10:56 AM

Here's my blowhard amateur head shrinking of Calise.

I think someone in her life blamed her for her own rape or she blamed herself for not stopping it. Because the guilt was too much for her to deal with on top of the rape she told herself, "it's not such a big deal" subconscious reasoning being, "You don't need to feel so guilty bc even if it was your fault that it happened who cares it was no big deal anyway."

But the truth is even if she didn't stop it, even if she told those guys she was older, even if anything else, it was not her fault. I am not saying it was those guys fault, she probably can't forgive herself because she feels she CANNOT blame them (maybe she started the making out first, she never said no etc) so subconsciously if they're not at fault she believes she has to be. But she doesn't have to be.

I hope someone tells Calise she doesn't have to blame them to accept that it was NOT her fault. She can think of it like a car accident where she was too inexperienced a driver to react "correctly" and fast enough. But learning to drive (and starting out inexperienced) is not something to feel guilty about and same with starting going to parties, wanting to start making out, drinking etc. She got into a sexual car accident and she shouldn't feel guilty that she got in the car in the first place.

I graduated psychiatry summa cum laude from a 1 minute movie clip :cool: lol

Good Will Hunting - It's Not Your Fault - YouTube

thirteen 02-27-2014 01:42 PM

Oh man, what an episode.

I don't even know what to say, except that I find it fascinating when Keith guesses who has been molested as a child and he gets it right. Very sad to listen to. I like Calise, but I feel like there's so much more under her outer layer and that she has to deal with her trauma in a different way.

thirteen 02-27-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 805508)

I get once in a while, and the chance increases significantly if I sleep on my back. It's scary, but I have it under control. Like you said, I just talk myself out of it. I recognize I can't move at all (my mind is trapped inside my paralyzed body). I convince myself that everything is fine (and it always is), and then I relax and wake up properly some minutes later. I then change my position in bed to decrease the likelihood of getting it a second time in one night. It disturbs sleep and can make a person feel less rested, so it's best to research the condition and try to have it less often.

mrthewhite 02-27-2014 02:48 PM

I have to say anyone who says insomnia isn't a big deal cause we shouldn't sleep as much as we do doesn't actually know what insomnia is.

Its not the inability to get 8 hours sleep in a night, it's the inability to get any meaningful (deep) sleep for prolonged periods of time. The people I know with insomnia are virtual zombies when it strikes them. It's not their bodies telling them they've had enough sleep.

As for how long you sleep, there's no hard and fast rule about how much sleep you need so if you're someone who can get by on 6 hours, great, if not, sleep more. It doesn't mean the person who sleeps for 8 instead of 6 is doing it wrong it just means that's what their body needs.

Personally I think the sleep you need has a lot to do with your state of mind (content vs depressed) and your personal bodies metabolism.

Dean from Australia 02-27-2014 02:55 PM

By the time this episode ended my ears were bleeding. Calisse was a rolled gold fuckwit.

Corey420 02-27-2014 02:59 PM

I had an ex who was raped as a child and throughout the entire relationship was unable to sleep at night, I can count the number of times on one hand that she had a complete night of sleep and it would have a major impact on her personality (in a good way) for the entire day. The two situations in her case were directly related.

Scumhook 02-27-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSZilla (Post 805649)
I laughed too. But only before I realized who said it. Then my brain was full of fuck. And I began questioning reality. I still don't even know what to think. Was this a joke? Am I a tight wad? Can he do that? Is this new?

I think Billy entered a feuge state, and his true personality came out...

Enunciated Piffle 02-27-2014 03:45 PM

Sleep is incredibly important.

It kind of irked me to hear Calise discount sleep. Most people who get less than the needed 6-8 hrs of sleep are under great stress.

focusthief 02-27-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarveillance (Post 805666)
There's a fine line between quirky and irritating. Calise got a running start and jumped clear over irritating right into obnoxious. Aside from her unbearable cackle, she clearly could not have cared less about anything K or C said during the episode and tried to hijack it with her insane bullshit at every turn. She spouted her ignorant opinions with such confidence but then when questioned about it acted like "who really knows and who really cares?"

Please have her on again.

you nailed it...

lilgoodlad 02-27-2014 03:59 PM

Haven't finished yet

I found it amusing that Keith was talking about the government listening to the podcast to see that Keith really was into Kat but if you go back just a little further there is a year long period that he'd had to pretend to still be in a relationship with Chemda. Just don't let the government sign up for VIP.

Keith 02-27-2014 04:01 PM

SHUT YOUR FUCKIN' MOUTH!!!

No one knows that guy, Government.

daemon 02-27-2014 04:21 PM

Bat shit crazy.

Enunciated Piffle 02-27-2014 04:31 PM

The sanity continues..!

Follow @CaliseHawkins as she tweets about your posts on this forum!

Also, please have her on again. Entourage of ex-boyfriends optional.

BrianAlt 02-27-2014 04:48 PM

Who is Kat?