Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree35Likes

Old 03-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1934: 2014 38-Hour Marathon: The Beginning

with Mark Douglas, Jesse Joyce, Pat Dixon, Dan Soder, Ted Alexandro, and Matteo Lane

Share this episode: 2014 38-Hour Marathon: The Beginning (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Get the KATG iPhone app: www.KATG.com/app/get
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Pat's NYC Crime Report ep with the girl who got kidnapped & used as a whore was fucking impactful.

She was a great guest, and anyone who thinks Pat is a mysognist needs to listen to this.

It is scary as fuck to think that this shit is happening every day, right under our penises noses.
littlp and chelseagirl19 like this.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Pat's NYC Crime Report ep with the girl who got kidnapped & used as a whore was fucking impactful.

She was a great guest, and anyone who thinks Pat is a mysognist needs to listen to this.

It is scary as fuck to think that this shit is happening every day, right under our penises noses.
Wut? Okay, Pat.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Two favorite quotes from the first hour

At hour 1 of the re-listen my two favorite quotes are both from Jesse Joyce.

Mark Douglas thinks he saw Keith jogging, but admits it could just be because Keith always wears work out clothes.

1.) "No, he’s dressed like he’s mowing lawns all the time." - Jesse Joyce

Then at the beginning of Jesse and Pat's segment, on the question of Pat Dixon being a misogynist.

2.) "If I needed to fill my misogyny team, like of all of my friends, he’d be the first guy I’d call I’d imagine." - Jesse Joyce
The Girl and Scumhook like this.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

I missed the first couple of hours of the marathon so was happy to see this put up, means I listened to about the first 12 hours, awesome.

Gotta say, I think Pat fucked up coming in on the attack. It did make for an excellent listen, the cringes and incredulous laughs were coming thick and fast but he also kinda shot his credibility which was already at about -9 with you guys. Coming in insulting fans and being very pointed was pretty funny but hurt him I reckon.

As to the question of whether Pat's a misogynist - personally I think that he's more of an asshole across the board, it's not quite fair to tarnish him with the more one-sided brush. He's not just patronizing to women, it seems that he's just as much of a dick to the guys too and just has an abrasive personality (or comic persona perhaps).

Personally I find that labelling people as misogynists or homophobes or racists can be super unhelpful because it's an end to conversation. It forces the accused into a defensive stance (which in Pat's case seems to be sarcastic attack) which seems to be impossible to get out of. He can't just say "I'm not", the accused has to defend and then a conversation becomes more of a battle.

Also, Chemda's actual personal dislike for Pat seems palpable. It's funny, get him back.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Pat Dixon actually calls other guys "beta fucks" in this one -- that one's right out of the MRA handbook. I've got a bingo if he brings up "white knights" or the "alpha cock carousel."

His comedy punches down instead of punching up. Obviously he's allowed to do that. And his audience is allowed to interpret his choice to punch down in any way we fucking please.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda's perfectly timed and delivered "... and that's why being gay isn't a choice" deserved a much bigger laugh so I gave it one. Mark Douglas was hilarious too, I wish he was on more often.

This is awesome to hear so quickly by the way. Keith and Chemda should just do Marathon Mondays for the next 2 months and post the entire episode-ised 38 hours while they take 3 day weekends.
The Girl and JSZilla like this.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dan Soder Vs Pat

"Him and his step-dad drill sergeant haircut, just making everyone feel inferior…If I were Pat’s stepson, I would be doing knuckle pushups in the basement, just waiting for the day I got bigger than him." - Dan Soder @ Pat Dixon
The Girl and btwn like this.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Big congratulations on the marathon!

Re Pat Dixon's interview with the female comic that claimed she was kidnapped and forced into sex slavery, it seems reddit believes it was a fake story, and the likely motive for the episode was to say, "see women do make up fake rape stories, we're doing it right now!"
Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

How clever.