Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1934: 2014 38-Hour Marathon: The Beginning (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1934-2014-38-hour-marathon-beginning-18412/)

Scumhook 03-05-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSZilla (Post 806765)
We have a town called "Thanksgiving" here in North Carolina. And who the hell names a town "Lizard Lick"?

Anyway, I actually knew about the Aussie name but not about South Carolina. That's kinda funny. I thought I made those up!

But make no mistake. There ain't magic here in this joint.

A-Z of unusual Australian place names

My favourite is Bong Bong.

bw81 03-05-2014 09:22 PM

WHEN DO WE GET THE REST OF THIS MADNESS?!?!?

lizsquiz 03-05-2014 09:31 PM

Out of interest, I went and listened to the NYC Crime Report episode about Mara Marek's abduction that Pat references in this episode. It's a really incredible story.

Then, I went and read some of the "reddit backlash."
Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc Which paints it as a really un-credible story. Those redditors sure have a lot of time on their hands.

bw81 03-05-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 806785)
Out of interest, I went and listened to the NYC Crime Report episode about Mara Marek's abduction that Pat references in this episode. It's a really incredible story.

Then, I went and read some of the "reddit backlash."
Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc Which paints it as a really un-credible story. Those redditors sure have a lot of time on their hands.

Wow, that is shocking.

How much time they have on their hands I mean.

Kilrouy fels 03-05-2014 11:25 PM

I'm a very avid drug user, you name it, I've likely done it and in no small quantity. I also pride myself on knowing and understanding the chemical interactions with drugs I use and drugs in general.

Alot of what was said in this section of the marathon(and other sections and shows but that's beside the point) about mushrooms was purely wrong.

The psilocybin is not released from the spores into the stomach. It is throu out the entire body of the mushroom and is absorbed by the small intestine and converted into psilocin, the much more active psychoactive responsible for the effects, then interacts with the brain in several ways.

Drugs affect the brain, there is no brain in the stomach.

There are tones of myths and misinformation about drugs out there and KATG often get the story wrong. It's damn funny, but wrong.

ImStillToni 03-06-2014 12:30 PM

Am I going nuts here or have I listened to this 5+ times and hear EVERYONE in the show notes but my beloved Matteo Lane?
Can a heffa get a timestamp please? Gracias!

Lanfear 03-06-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImStillToni (Post 806929)
Am I going nuts here or have I listened to this 5+ times and hear EVERYONE in the show notes but my beloved Matteo Lane?
Can a heffa get a timestamp please? Gracias!

2:41:00 - he comes in just at the very last moment so his segment will be in the next part.
He was hilarious though from what I remember so you have some cool stuff to look forward too my dear.

JSZilla 03-07-2014 08:41 AM

I have such a man crush on Matteo Lane. Just because, fuck it. Love this vid.

Scumhook 03-07-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSZilla (Post 807046)
I have such a man crush on Matteo Lane. Just because, fuck it. Love this vid.

fuck yeah.

did u hear him on Nick Vatterott's podcast?

JSZilla 03-08-2014 07:07 AM

Nope, but I will now.