Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you giving up anything for Lent?
Yes 3 3.66%
No 79 96.34%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 03-06-2014, 05:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

hey, man, we all don't put shots in front of alcoholics.
flerchin likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
hey, man, we all don't put shots in front of alcoholics.
true, but bless the dark, tainted hearts of the ones who do
Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Chemda, I think you were talking about crab chips. It's just old bay seasoning. I've never heard of oyster chips but that sounds awful.
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
i'm picturing you taking time out of your day to send snarky emails whose purpose are to make sure this woman struggles at a healthy choice because she's thinner than you. is she mocking your faith or just annoying? either way, kudos on the advanced, if rather obvious, passive aggression. A-

lent isn't about dieting; it's a mindful exercise in restraint. a little of that is good for a body, catholic or no. don't be cause for your brother to stumble. it's Lent.
I know lent isn't about dieting. That quote in my post was HER QUOTE. She is not religious, she's doing this as a diet. She also screamed at a co-worker yesterday for having a piece of candy in the cubicle next to her. Everyone else is now expected to not eat sweets because she has chosen to not eat sweets. The emails started because someone mentioned Girl Scout cookies in a mass email and she flipped out. We all email each other all day long, and she spreads the snark just fine on her own.

It's hilarious that you've assumed that she's smaller than I am and that I don't have my own health regimen that I've been following for the past several years (not 40 days). The thing is, I don't expect everyone else around me to follow my routine, and I don't scream at people who eat a piece of candy or mention Girl Scout cookies to me. I was only trying to head off any "fat pig" comments from the peanut gallery here by making it clear that these are not large women. That's the usual assumption whenever diets are mentioned.

This is a woman who spent Valentine's Day berating the only guy who sits near us because she decided his gift choice for his girlfriend was not up to par (and spent the day giving him "gift ideas" that were clearly things that *she* would want -- she doesn't even know his girlfriend), and who expects everyone around her to not eat the foods that she doesn't like. God help the poor bastard who dares bring a tuna fish sandwich in his lunch.
Sparrow and ssgtballard like this.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 03-06-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

urgh. i want to keep my jesus face on, but she sounds like a real dick. you got me.

mmmmm cookie season

ya know, i have some from-high-school lady friends who freaked the fuck out over this particular cookie season because the girl scouts are progressive on the women's reproductive rights front. have them tell it, cookies are now directly funding abortions. probably welfare abortions.
Blitzgal likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm not even the worst one. One day I brought a tuna fish sandwich in my lunch, I was really craving one. I was going to hide at my desk while they went up to eat lunch so she didn't know. She ended up being gone that day. I expressed my relief that I wouldn't bother her with my lunch to her best friend at the office, and her friend wanted me to sit on her exercise ball at her desk eating the sandwich so she could take a picture and email it! I wouldn't do it; that's just asking for trouble. They both called me chicken, lol.

We've all worked here so long (expect for the poor guy who's stuck sitting next to us) that we have a sort of familial relationship where we give each other a lot of shit all the time. They pin me down and force makeup on me. I tease them about Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. It's fun and games.

Quote:
ya know, i have some from-high-school lady friends who freaked the fuck out over this particular cookie season because the girl scouts are progressive on the women's reproductive rights front. have them tell it, cookies are now directly funding abortions. probably welfare abortions.
That's how the cookie email started! One day she was saying they changed the name of Samoas for "political correctness." I thought that sounded so weird, so I looked into it, and they changed the name because some troops switched bakers and the bakers "own" the cookie names. There are still Samoas out there, just not in our district.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 03-06-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

can confirm. have samoas. is there a similar crisp, coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut, and striped with dark chocolaty coating, but differently named cookie choice?
Blitzgal likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

1935: The One and Only Adele Dazeem

Apparently Caramel deLites.

Quote:
Why are there two names?

Girl Scout Cookies are produced by two bakers. That's why some of our cookies have two different names! But whether the box says Samoas or Caramel deLites, it's the delicious cookie you've grown to love.
Blitzgal and Sparrow like this.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah, ours are called Caramel de Lites. Buzzfeed just had one of those "facts about food" posts and they had a picture:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014...3872992-14.jpg
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

i think one of those looks better than the other.