Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1936: Katz and Dogs (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1936-katz-dogs-18422/)

FredG 03-07-2014 12:01 PM

We hate Robots because we can't hate Children

6 x 5 / 9 x 3 = 10, not 15, Keith.

And in my opinion, our culture's fears about robots and thinking computers is sublimated fear about our children. Both are things that adults have to teach the rules about how to live in our world, and both have the opportunity to turn those teachings against us.

We're not allowed to say "I'm scared that we're teaching children to want their own things, and understand technologies that we older people don't, and we tell them to change the world to make it a better place, but what if the future that the children build isn't what we want?"

So instead we talk about thinking, conscious robots (a metal man instead of a straw man?). We can beat up on robots, and we can make sure that we talk about all the good things in this world that the robots are going to obliviously not understand and destroy. We can destroy the robots, and talk about how inhuman they are, without discussing the monstrous nature of toddlers or the pure evil of middle school girls.

nerdupyo 03-07-2014 12:24 PM

Libby's Challenges

First of all happy 9 year anniversary from a listener since August 2005. I love you guys and will be a listener forever. Secondly, I have somehow completely missed that Libby was doing these challenges. It just so happens I decided to do the 200 squats program starting last week. I just finished my first week of squats and it feels awesome. :) Good luck Chemda and Danny, you can do it!

ghauck 03-07-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredG (Post 807061)
We can destroy the robots, and talk about how inhuman they are, without discussing the monstrous nature of toddlers or the pure evil of middle school girls.

I'll take my chances with a robot any day over monstrous toddlers.
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/...psf9026f26.jpg

Sparrow 03-07-2014 12:43 PM

bullshit. i could seriously injure or kill like half a dozen toddlers at once. they're dumb, easy to frighten, and their bodies are weak.

will confirm middle school girls; some of those bitches are strong and they're full of guile.

jaredv1214 03-07-2014 01:02 PM

not to mention you could pick up a toddler and use it as a weapon against the other toddlers.

Bucho 03-07-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaredv1214 (Post 807066)
not to mention you could pick up a toddler and use it as a weapon against the other toddlers.

You'd be a fool not to.

Tech007 03-07-2014 01:35 PM

Valuable animals have been marked with tattoos forever. Totally safe.

I have seen dozens of dogs with them. $10-20. Local anesthesia for pain. Inner ear, front leg or groin usually.

Vanity dog tattoo is just silly but not the end of the world?

BrianAlt 03-07-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredG (Post 807061)
6 x 5 / 9 x 3 = 10, not 15

I caught that too.

BrianAlt 03-07-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech007 (Post 807072)

Vanity dog tattoo is just silly but not the end of the world?

If this is a question then I'll have to answer, "yes!"

FredG 03-08-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 807064)
bullshit. i could seriously injure or kill like half a dozen toddlers at once. they're dumb, easy to frighten, and their bodies are weak.

will confirm middle school girls; some of those bitches are strong and they're full of guile.

Duly noted.

I was a little less concerned with the fighting capabilities of toddlers as their ability to drain your bank account, make you rearrange the furniture and lock up your toys, clean up your language, and they wander around your house demanding constant attention.
And if you're tired of that, you can't trade them in or upgrade to a newer model, and if you drop them and they stop working, replacement parts cost a fortune. You get funny looks if you complain about the color.

My wife says I should stop typing now, or she's calling child services on me. And we don't have any kids yet.