Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have to shower every day?
Yes 49 62.03%
No 30 37.97%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes

Old 03-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Didn't they just have to edit the Noah movie because Christians were pissed that it wasn't "historically accurate?" There appear to be plenty of folks out there who think the Bible should be taken literally.
WittyReference likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Didn't they just have to edit the Noah movie because Christians were pissed that it wasn't "historically accurate?"
Joe Rogan talking with guy who actually believes in Noah's a - YouTube
Old 03-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

Carolla being sued

When I saw Adam Carolla's photo in the show notes, I thought for sure you were going to bring up the Fund Anything Campaign he has been promoting to try to raise money for a lawsuit that he is currently fighting. He is being sued by a patent owner who claims to own a patent on a technology that is used by podcasters. I'm don't know all of the details, but from what it sounds like, this could affect all podcasters if Carolla were to loose this case.

Carolla is the target of the lawsuit because he has one of the biggest, if not the biggest podcast and is an easy target for this group of people to try to get some money out of. If the patent trolls win, KATG could suffer as well.

Sorry, not trying to make this an Adam Carolla ad, but as a fan of your show, and many other podcasts, none of which are as good or as funny as KATG, I would hope that you and your listeners are aware of whats going on and it potential impact on your livelihood.

SAVE OUR PODCASTS LEGAL DEFENSE FUND - FundAnything
kevinquinn likes this.

Last edited by Midwest Mike; 03-13-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Finally someone agrees with me that 300 is one of the best films ever made. I'm scared to watch the sequal in case they ruin for me like they did with The Matrix.
Keith likes this.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPete View Post
Finally someone agrees with me that 300 is one of the best films ever made. I'm scared to watch the sequal in case they ruin for me like they did with The Matrix.
It is more of the same really. This one may have slightly more story to it but there is still plenty of crazy action that we all love.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

Keith, if you need a show that hits the ground running and doesn't stop check out The Following with Kevin Bacon if you haven't already. The first season is on Netflix.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

the church doesn't pay taxes so that it has no say in how it's spent. it's a safety mechanism against theocracy.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Didn't they just have to edit the Noah movie because Christians were pissed that it wasn't "historically accurate?" There appear to be plenty of folks out there who think the Bible should be taken literally.
See and the correct response when that bullshit is brought up: Is which version? The first recorded one where he worshiped multiple Gods and was hundreds of years before Babylon or even before the Jews even existed? Which is also funny because it's not quite a world flood. Because that would be stupid.

But what the fuck do I know.

Edit: James Purefoy in The Following <3
Sparrow likes this.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

right?!?

kevin bacon is on top of it. ripped my heart out of my asshole. continually. and i couldn't stop.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

The Catholic Problem

Re: Catholic Rape Stuff
I think the problem people have with this is that it also seems hypocritical to condemn so wildly the church and by extension religion in overstating the problem. According to a survey 11,000 allegations (remember, these are allegations, not convictions – innocent until proven guilty) had been made against 4,392 priests in the USA. This number constituted approximately 4% of the priests who had served during the period covered by the survey (1950–2002). But according to the Department of Defense estimates there are also about 19,000 sexual assaults in the military per year. And there’s the public schools too - “An Associated Press investigation found more than 2,500 cases over five years in which educators were punished for actions from bizarre to sadistic. There are 3 million public school teachers nationwide, most devoted to their work. Yet the number of abusive educators _ nearly three for every school day _ speaks to a much larger problem in a system that is stacked against victims. Most of the abuse never gets reported. Those cases reported often end with no action. Cases investigated sometimes can't be proven, and many abusers have several victims. The seven-month investigation found 2,570 educators whose teaching credentials were revoked, denied, surrendered or sanctioned from 2001 through 2005 following allegations of sexual misconduct.” And also “According to a December 2000 report entitled “The Sexual Victimization of College Women” by the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) at the U.S. Department of Justice, a college with 10,000 students could experience as many as 350 rapes per year.” So it seems to me the problem is that any institution of considerable size is going to end up having sexual abuse issues. So the argument is sort of correct that this is a nasty part of human nature and it is not specific to religious institutions. This doesn’t excuse the problem in any way - I just think the problem is one that wouldn’t be lessened much if there were no Catholic Church. Yet the vilification of the Church and religion by popular media seems unwarranted when not balanced by the vilification of other institutions or just humanity in general. The righteous anger seems unequal is all I’m saying. In India a woman is raped every 22 minutes. In South Africa an estimated of 500,000 rape cases take place in the country, every year. By your estimation we should just bomb these countries. Yet I don’t hear you calling for that. You said “you just know by what you read” (paraphrasing) but what if what you read is grossly disproportionate to the problem? What if you read about more church abuse cases because it is a more tantalizing story? It’s not as good a story to just point out how horrible humans are globally than to have a single villain character or a devious cabal to point at. That is more comforting because it gives us a bogeyman to point at instead of our own wicked nature.