Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you have sex with Lindsay Lohan?
Yes 13 16.88%
No 64 83.12%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How did it escape Keith missed that Shaq meant he spends $1000 on apps not via purchasing new ones but buy buying the upgrades and special tokens like the ones he went ballistic about? Shaq basically is saying I'm addicted to the games and have no patience to wait for to allow me to move on and I'm rich as fuck.
tempfoot likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
How did it escape Keith missed that Shaq meant he spends $1000 on apps not via purchasing new ones but buy buying the upgrades and special tokens like the ones he went ballistic about? Shaq basically is saying I'm addicted to the games and have no patience to wait for to allow me to move on and I'm rich as fuck.
The figures were recently released showing the profits from the game industry in Australia last year. It was some billion dollar figure but what I thought Keith might find interesting was that 50% of it came from micro-transactions. 50%!
I didn't expect it to be that high and the trend definitely isn't going away.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
The right wing in Australia has used this as a political tool for the last 10 years, stirring up fear and hatred about us being a wash in illegal boat people who will steal our jobs and change our society, all to get themselves votes in an election.
Check out America and Europe, they're currently awash with immigrants (both legal and not). Notice how they're also facing economic collapse?

Quote:
The real undocumented immigrant problem we have in Australia is white Europeans coming here legally but then never leaving. For some reason its only the poor, dark skinned people of the world who get singled out as the problem.
They have different cultures, languages and attitudes to work and people. For a white person to immigrate to Australia it costs money, these 'boat people' rock up on shore and disappear into poverty. Real jobs require paperwork.
I've had two friends migrate over and get work. Both had to save up a month or two's worth of wages to afford plane tickets and lodging once over there. Another few month's worth if they'd wanted to ship their cars and other effects over. As is, Australia benefited from a bump in highly skilled population who were ready to start investing in their community the moment they arrived.
You seem to have forgotten that you're a European immigrant population, it's not an issue when more of you arrive, it's merely good word getting about.

Quote:
Everyone feels so possessive over the land they happen to be born on through random chance. Sharing is crap. We won life lotto. Screw you guys. I know you did whatever you could to leave the shithole you were living in to make a better life for your family, but were going to ship you to a remote island and leave you in detention for 3 years because somehow you couldn't get the right paperwork done in a third world war zone.
So now you've turned your country into a shithole, come have a go in ours?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
Check out America and Europe, they're currently awash with immigrants (both legal and not). Notice how they're also facing economic collapse?

They have different cultures, languages and attitudes to work and people. For a white person to immigrate to Australia it costs money, these 'boat people' rock up on shore and disappear into poverty. Real jobs require paperwork.
I've had two friends migrate over and get work. Both had to save up a month or two's worth of wages to afford plane tickets and lodging once over there. Another few month's worth if they'd wanted to ship their cars and other effects over. As is, Australia benefited from a bump in highly skilled population who were ready to start investing in their community the moment they arrived.
You seem to have forgotten that you're a European immigrant population, it's not an issue when more of you arrive, it's merely good word getting about.

Spoken like a true nonsensical xenophobe. America and Europe do have substantial immigrant populations. That's true. On the verge of economic collapse, though? Utter bullshit. Moreover, the proximate cause of the Great Recession, the sub-prime mortgage collapse and its contagion fallout, had nothing to do with immigration.

As for "turning your country into a shithole, now come have a go at ours", that's the same logic used against every immigrant group that ever wove itself into the American fabric, from Irish immigrants to Indian immigrants. Turns out that in spite of the naysaying of racists masquerading as economic theorists, immigration managed to strengthen America dramatically, causing growth on both an economic and cultural level that is unparalleled in the history of the world.

That isn't to say that immigration doesn't present challenges, but far better to deal with said challenges than to pretend that a nation can wall itself off from the outside world.

If you're looking for a message board to keep harping on the negatives on non-European immigration, I think you mistook "KATG" for "Stormfront".
Bucho and Scat like this.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
How did you fail so abysmally to take Witty's BLATANTLY obvious point that he's talking about people born into a shithole, not those who've turned their previously pristine country into one?

Not the most perceptive bloke are you. Mate.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

This is Strawdog, the guy who got angry with me because I didn't respect his opinion that gay people are less than regular people.

I was shutting down free speech and the idea of democracy.

Good to see he's still got fight in him.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Have you spent anytime in my country ? Because I have spent 4 years in yours and all around we have it better. The choices I have in just about every category besides gossip rags beats out everything England has to offer. I loved my time in England, traveled much of the country and engaged with many of you Brits, luckily I didn't meet you while there.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
How did you fail so abysmally to take Witty's BLATANTLY obvious point that he's talking about people born into a shithole, not those who've turned their previously pristine country into one?

Not the most perceptive bloke are you. Mate.
I didn't miss anything. Few, if any, countries have fallen to shit in the last generation alone. If your country is shit, do something about it, don't just move out and wash your hands of it.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't miss anything. Few, if any, countries have fallen to shit in the last generation alone. If your country is shit, do something about it, don't just move out and wash your hands of it.
For real? I mean, if you're saying that, you're just not caught up on current events.

Moreover, why shouldn't folks move if they don't think things will improve? Staying to fight may be laudable, but it doesn't always work out. I'm sure glad my family got the heck out of Kiev (the Tsar kicked them out, but same difference) when they did before they got caught between Stalin and Hitler, neither of whom was a fan of Jews. Moving was indisputably the right call.

But hey, if you don't like changing immigration trends, you can try to move to a country with a less tolerant policy toward immigrants.