Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you giving up anything for Lent?
Yes 3 3.66%
No 79 96.34%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

1935: The One and Only Adele Dazeem

with John F. O’Donnell and Kelly Fastuca

https://twitter.com/TheRealJFOD

https://twitter.com/kellyfastuca

Share this episode: The One and Only Adele Dazeem (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think we have to assume that any Catholics devout enough to observe a Lenten sacrifice bailed sometime around the KatG cruise.
critical_temp likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

I can't find a YouTube clip, but Pete Holmes has a quick bit at the beginning of his "Nice Try, The Devil" special where he says his mom refers to Celine Dion as "Salon Dijon" That's what I kept thinking of during the Adele Dazeem talk
Old 03-06-2014, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Chemda, I love how warm hearted you are but think you need to take more of Keith's perspective on this matter.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Johnny O'Donny is such a raging goofball so often it's easy to forget how ridiculously smart, clear-headed and articulate he can be when he chooses.
Lanfear, thirteen and Scumhook like this.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Johnny O'Donny is such a raging goofball so often it's easy to forget how ridiculously smart, clear-headed and articulate he can be when he chooses.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

There are several women in my office who are giving things up for lent even though they are not Catholic. (I'm aware that some flavors of Lutheran and Protestants also observe, but they don't even belong to any churches) Apparently it's "just like a New Year's Resolution" now. Really hard to not roll my eyes every time they go into another long discussion of how hard it is to not eat sweets for forty days. One of them screams at you if you even mention sweets in passing, so I started emailing her photos of candy every day, and told her it's to help her with her sacrifice. I know what you guys are all picturing now, but these women are thin and don't even need to diet.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
There are several women in my office...I know what you guys are all picturing now
i'm picturing some hawt dirty midwestern whores with daddy issues and massive self-esteem problems, who are ready to sublimate their lent starvation with some debasement and depravity.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I started emailing her photos of candy every day, and told her it's to help her with her sacrifice. I know what you guys are all picturing now, but these women are thin and don't even need to diet.

i'm picturing you taking time out of your day to send snarky emails whose purpose are to make sure this woman struggles at a healthy choice because she's thinner than you. is she mocking your faith or just annoying? either way, kudos on the advanced, if rather obvious, passive aggression. A-

lent isn't about dieting; it's a mindful exercise in restraint. a little of that is good for a body, catholic or no. don't be cause for your brother to stumble. it's Lent.

Romans 14:13

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
don't be cause for your brother to stumble. it's Lent.
Have you seen the poll? You might be right, but you're speaking to the wrong crowd.