Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more re: spanking?
Keith 17 34.00%
Chemda 33 66.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree32Likes

Old 03-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Discipline my kid but don't you lay a finger on her in frustration or to "teach her a lesson". We discussed discipline with the principal and teachers before we agreed to her going to the school. If my daughter came home from school and said she was smacked or hit by a teacher I would pull her out of the school. My internal rage would want me to go there and smack the teacher but that is the type of reaction I don't want instilled in her; that if there is a problem, violence will fix it. We don't hit at home but if she were to be hit at school, she would quickly change her tune about how she reacts to discipline at home; "I can get away with murder at home because Mum and Dad won't hit me."

My kid goes to school to learn and to be excited to learn so that she doesn't end up hating school by the time she is 9 and gives up. Having someone whom she looks up to and listens to daily show her that when someone doesn't fall in line they get smacked is not what I want for my daughter. It's hard enough knowing that other dickhead kids in her playground will hit and swear when they don't get their way, but we re-enforce (WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!) at home that we don't hit. Hopefully our influence is stronger than the other kids, at least till she's a little older.

Disappointment has worked for us, so far; if my kid has messed up and she sees how disappointed we are in what she has done, she is sorry and changes her way. Having the fear of upsetting us in her mind, not a backhand, should hopefully deter her from doing the wrong thing. We talk about what she could have done differently, we all learn from the experience, the audience says, "Awwww" and the credits roll.

Who knows how long that is going to last though.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Spanking in school should not be allowed but parents should start spanking their kids again. My parents are old school and I got spanked, but there were plenty others my age who weren't and you could tell by their bad behavior. Spankings shouldn't be the go to, but it does seem to be an effective tool in keeping kids from becoming spoiled brats.
Keith, thirteen and PsychoLoco like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I only appreciate cat calls in the capacity that it is some sort of weird validation. I feel like I will feel sad when it does not happen anymore due to my appearance/age.

Young and vain.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
parents should start spanking their kids again.
Is it the lack of spanking that turns kids into spoiled brats, or shitty parenting?

Parents should start being more involved and genuinely give a shit about their kids. They pick up on when you give shit about them. If someone spanks their own kids, that's their business. But wouldn't it be better to not have to let hitting be the deterrent? I would hope that people who start spanking their kids have tried everything they can before they resort to it.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

We're talking about spanking a kid - right?

Just to be clear, that's a smack on the bottom or hand, delivered by an adult using either their hand, or a ruler or leather strap - right?

I wasn't sure, because the way the anti-spanking lobby are carrying on, it sounds like the kids are being waterboarded before having their genitals tazed while wild horses tear them limb from limb.

Smacking a kid should be a tool in the teachers/parents toolbox that they can use when needed. See liz's post for what happens when you tie the teachers hands.
Keith likes this.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Is it the lack of spanking that turns kids into spoiled brats, or shitty parenting?

Parents should start being more involved and genuinely give a shit about their kids. They pick up on when you give shit about them. If someone spanks their own kids, that's their business. But wouldn't it be better to not have to let hitting be the deterrent? I would hope that people who start spanking their kids have tried everything they can before they resort to it.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^

But seeing there's exactly 0% chance of that happening, let's allow the teachers to defend themselves.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

You should never spank or otherwise hit a child, ever, for any reason. It's NEVER beneficial and it's NEVER the right thing to do. Keith, your weirdo emotionally abusive father hit you and you were shitting in walls for years. That's your success story? It took someone like Chemda to turn you into a human being.

Edit: the above is true for pets too, for what that's worth. Not even a tap on the head, not ever. "Pfft! It's not hard enough to even hurt him." Fuck you.
Rollin likes this.

Last edited by OnmyojiOmn; 03-17-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
You should never spank or otherwise hit a child, ever, for any reason. It's NEVER beneficial and it's NEVER the right thing to do. Keith, your weirdo emotionally abusive father hit you and you were shitting in walls for years. That's your success story? It took someone like Chemda to turn you into a human being.

Edit: the above is true for pets too, for what that's worth. Not even a tap on the head, not ever. "Pfft! It's not hard enough to even hurt him." Fuck you.
I can see from your username that you copped some pretty severe head trauma as a child.
Keith likes this.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
I would hope that people who start spanking their kids have tried everything they can before they resort to it.
Like I said, it shouldn't be the go to but parents have stopped it altogether and you can definitely see the difference in attitude. Spanking your own kid isn't the end of the world and their kids won't be as bratty.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Brian's making the point that no teacher hits HIS kid.

And agreed. No teacher will hit MY kid either. You met the teachers as will I.

But we need a rule for people in general.

Meet any teachers that you trust more than parents you've met? Like MUCH more?