Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it okay to be happy when a bad person dies?
Yes 98 95.15%
No 5 4.85%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

1946: One of Those Days

with Christian Finnegan

Broken iPhones, using your phone as a phone, Fred Phelps dies, Lindsay Lohan's fuck list

Share this episode: One of Those Days (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Really? It's bad to be happy for someone's death when they are a "bad" person? With out going to the easy go-tos; Hitler, Osama, Ariel Castro. Someone you do not like is gone. So what? It's incredibly difficult to get someone to change their moral landscape. Very very hard. Especially when stubbornness, religion, and politics are involved, all of which kinda go hand in hand. Sure it's okay. It's cathartic. Is it morbid? A little. It's basically wishing death on someone in...reverse? But what does it matter?

Then again I think birthdays, anniversaries, and all holidays are for children. I've also had a handful of deaths in my life, the usual: almost all of my extended family, few dogs, and coincidentally on my birthday one of my closer friends. I have yet to get upset and quite frankly AIDS, Cancer, and old age withstanding. Shit happens. People die. Maybe I'm fucked up.

For the record? I'm glad one less Phelps is on this planet.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...
Old 03-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've been in lots of fights and still like Fight Club, although I wish that the film had ended before the twist.
Bucho and JSZilla like this.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I enjoyed the debate on “keeping in touch” vs “keeping up” with old friends. I guess I do only keep up with family and friends on social media and voted for that because I log in daily. Only about 2-3 times a month I’ll get on Skype, which should count as “on the phone.” Truth be told, I’ve interacted with Scumhook more through the forums in the last 6 months than I have with my relatives. Welcome to the family Scumhook!

On the fight club, I think that is all relative to the observer. I’ve been 6’2” and 220+ lbs since I was 14. Given my physical presence and constant “I just screwed the neighbor’s cat” grin (usually because I have KATG pumping through my ear buds), I experience virtually zero resistance from people I decide to engage because they are not expecting me to be friendly. Unfortunately, I have also noticed that people who might want to engage me are often wary. In October 2011, I wore my KATG shirt to a sports bar in Texas for game 7 of the World Series of Texas vs St. Louis. No one came up to me to ask about the shirt, but when I left the table for something several people asked my sister if Keith was my stage name. If her husband hadn't of just passed away, I would have demanded she direct everyone to katg.com.

I think people on both sides need to be more proactive in getting to the point and going after what they want. Most of my counterparts in Ukraine meet me and expect that I’ll be pushy and domineering since I’m large and from the U.S. When I come at them with a logical argument that takes their interests into account as well as mine, I get almost universal cooperation because I’m not trying to be powerful, just realistic and practical.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I think social media gets a bit of a bum's rush because of the way many people abuse it, posting photos of their daily lunch to people who see them everyday. But for people with friends in different parts of the world it is a great way to touch base. Time zones and all it is difficult to line up "real time" talking.
flerchin and Sparrow like this.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

In reference to the Lindsay Lohan Fuck List, GossipCop says that the rumor is unfortunately not true. Her dad apparently made a note to say that it wasn't even her handwriting...anyone care for a game of MASH?

Lindsay Lohan Sex List | Lindsay Lohan Famous Hookups List | Gossip Cop
Old 03-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What did her completely trustworthy and believable dad say?
moondust367 likes this.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

This may sound like a Jesse Ventura-style conspiracy theory but whatever.. The crazy ass Phelps protests always seemed like a scam to me. They are civil rights lawyers it seemed like they were trying to bait everyone into infringing on their right to protest. If they could do that they could sue the person/organization who prevented them from protesting and ultimately get paid (they are representing themselves so they aren't paying lawyer fees).

Granted, this thought kinda falls apart when you hear Nathan Phelps speak about the family. Maybe it's just easier to imagine that it's a scam than the more scary reality that they actually think they are doing god's work.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

They can't ALL be actors.
CherryLavender and flerchin like this.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

I guess for a lot of people, talking to people on Facebook is not as threatening as talking to people on the phone or in real life. You don't have to commit to that person for X amount of minutes, you can tune in and out as you wish, and you can monitor everything you say in advance. But I wouldn't consider someone to be my friend if I can't even trust myself to have a conversation that isn't "scripted" in this way.

It does disappoint me when a friend says, "Call you later!" and I wake up to a text or Facebook message... it's just not the same. It doesn't make me feel as warm and fuzzy.

I love this video. It goes in depth about how social media might actually estrange us from others, rather than connect us:

The Innovation of Loneliness - YouTube
flerchin likes this.