Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is whiteface offensive?
Yes 14 20.59%
No 54 79.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 03-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

1948: In Your Whiteface

with Mike Brown and Brandon Collins

Being a black comedian, Nick Cannon in whiteface, Malaysian Flight 370 has no survivors, Belle Knox drops out of Duke University

Share this episode: In Your Whiteface (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

22 minutes in and already the best show in years*

*I am drunk
Keith, ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

• I think Keith is right. White face isn't offensive since there isn't a history of oppression behind it. Also it seems like it's just something to complain about. "We can do blackface, how come he can do whiteface." With that said I've never seen anyone actually be funny while doing whiteface.

• Chemda was awesome on Beige Philip.

• I wasn't actually laughing at Keith just stating a fact. While also underlining the fact that I'm not smart, so if I can fix an iphone anyone can.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

These guys were fucking great guests, and made for a fucking hilarious ep.

And thanks to Toni for being a cunt and spawning an epic riff. Notice, I didn't say "black cunt", so I've avoided any uncomfortable racist overtones.

I won't bother discussing how people shouldn't get offended by some fucktard who paints his face a different colour. However I did notice Keith saying we shouldn't make fun of accents - Myq Kaplan discusses this very wisely and makes an excellent point about how it's not actually racist to mock others accents.

So fluk roo.
flerchin, Larion and ImStillToni like this.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Chemda you can stop trying to convince us that Belle Knox enjoyed her Facial Abuse scene and that getting beaten to a pulp was part of her fantasy.

She has already admitted that it is a decision she would take back if she could. She chose the wrong company, she didn't do her research. This company and their performers are ego driven meat heads. They have no idea about BDSM (in this case dominance & submission) or how it works and they don't care either.

Moving on, I don't think white face is offensive. I think a lot of white people love to run to the film 'White Chicks' as if they have proved some sort of point, all they are proving is that they have watched a bad film. Have you guys heard about/seen 'white face' being used to mock and oppress white people? Because I sure haven't.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

This show was hilarious; I love these guys and you two had great rapport with them.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

What everyone said. Except Invader because I don't even know how to use an iphone. I still haven't owned a single smart phone. So...

Mike Brown is now my hero. Can he get ALL the KATGuhs?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

I had to go back and listen to the "fuck you" rant again. That's gold.

"Verbal blackface. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!"
Lanfear, JSZilla and bw81 like this.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The best example of whiteface I ever saw . . . I was on vacation in the Dominican Republic and the resort had a stage with different shows each night. One night the show was a Michael Jackson tribute show and the black guy playing Michael gets on stage in white face! Amazing!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

YES!!! Funny black dudes! JK JK

Loved these guys (missed em on the marathon...seriously, i feel like i missed just about everyone on the marathon this year), loved the vibe between all of you, get extremely tickled when Keith's Blackness comes out and butchers any and all slang.

Still not finished but I had to post no, whiteface is not racist. Until white people have gone thru slavery, segregation, oppression, racial profiling, and racism on damned near a daily basis then no, white face will NEVER be considered racist. The term "blackface" has historical roots going back to minstrel shows and is offensive. "Whiteface" is just a non-white person putting on makeup - there is no malice or oppression behind the intent. It is not the same thing by any means.

I still have not heard this epic rant, but if Scum posted about it, I am both terrified and rather excited..the equivalent to taking a cum shot in the eye and having to smile through it like it will not fuck up my contacts.
Scumhook likes this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.