Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we have cemeteries?
Yes 35 47.30%
No 39 52.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree21Likes

Old 04-22-2014, 06:35 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawdog View Post
Hate crime death toll for the whole of 2008: 7, hell I'll even throw in rape and assault bringing you to 1152 total events, giving you an average of 0.58 murders, 0.91 rapes and 85.4 assaults per month. Of course, this isn't breaking it down into race, religion, sexuality or disability so shave off even more, then shave even more off because this doesn't specify whether the perpetrators were white, black or hispanic. LINK

Muslim kill count, in the last 30 days: 500+ LINK

But keep telling yourself Islam isn't a violent religion and it's followers shouldn't be treated with some suspicion.
How many of those 500 in the US? Oh, zero? Because we're talking about the Empire State Building here.

Sure, radical Islamic terrorism is an issue in many countries. However, it isn't really an issue in this country.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #32 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Facts are facts, it doesn't matter if it's a toddler, white supremacist or Muslim cleric who presents the fact that Boko Harem militants tore through a village and killed 105 residents or al-Nusra and Ansar al-Sham did the same in Syria, killing 80 or even the 150 students and residents who died in Nigeria.

As soon as another group, religious or otherwise, starts putting up these kind of numbers then I'll be sure to give them the stink-eye too.

Do you even read what you write? Prove themselves otherwise? Pretty sure they've done that. Oh, and of course you have to trot out the 'my team'/pseudo-racism point because it must be that if someone is bad and is ALSO brown, then to criticize them I must be racist and the colour of their skin came first then I found a legitimate reason to dislike them later. But wait, what if Islam was a religion and not a race? What if race has nothing at all to do with this?
I dislike the Nazi party, but they were 'my team', right? I dislike white supremacists too, but they're 'my team'! I dislike the conservative and labour party here in Britain but they're predominantly white! I'm sure you'd love it if you could dismiss me as a racist but the fact is it's not the case, sorry.

As for charts showing why they're better? If I show you a chart showing John and David's murder rates with John at 7 and David at 500 do we decide who's better? No, they're both horrible but you can't ignore that David is worse.
Ideally we'd get rid of anyone who commits murder but we can't so at the very least I'm gonna' be reeeeal fuckin' cautious around David, fuck him if it 'offends' him.
In your reply you say "Do you even read what you write? Prove themselves otherwise? Pretty sure they've done that."

By these statements you are passing judgment on 1.2 billion people and argue it's justified to treat any of the 1.2 billion people with suspicion. If that isn't racism or prejudice I don't know what is?
Old 04-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghauck View Post
In your reply you say "Do you even read what you write? Prove themselves otherwise? Pretty sure they've done that."

By these statements you are passing judgment on 1.2 billion people and argue it's justified to treat any of the 1.2 billion people with suspicion. If that isn't racism or prejudice I don't know what is?
It's the very definition of prejudice but that's what happens when you kill so many people.
Racism and prejudice aren't interchangeable either, it's a form of prejudice, one that's defined by dislike because of someones race, Islam is not a race. Just as I'd be wary of letting my kids hang out with Catholic priests, I'm wary of Muslims on mass transport and landmarks.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
It's the very definition of prejudice but that's what happens when you kill so many people.
Racism and prejudice aren't interchangeable either, it's a form of prejudice, one that's defined by dislike because of someones race, Islam is not a race. Just as I'd be wary of letting my kids hang out with Catholic priests, I'm wary of Muslims on mass transport and landmarks.
Fair enough, your honest and own your beliefs. I can respect that.

In addition to Catholic priests don't let your kids hang out with you. 80% of child abuse is from the father or step father or other close family member. For every 1 kid a priest touches fathers touch 5 more. It's the very definition of prejudice but that's what happens when you touch so many kids. Check out this father of the year.
Baby in coma; Stockton foster father accused of child abuse

Similar to your Muslim of the year.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
So you're just going to ignore that your target of ire has killed fewer folks in the US in the past decade than white supremacists?

How convenient for your mindset.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #36 (permalink)

Just to be clear: using the source you have provided, your claims are absurd. In the US, 36 people have been killed since 2009 by Muslims in the name of (their version of) Islam. Of those murdered, a significant portion were victims of what should be characterized as domestic violence.

Why, given the numbers that you have cited, should Muslims be subject to additional scrutiny? White supremacists killed more people over that span, and their targets were more likely to be random. By your own logic, you should be far more worried about the individuals whose ideological company you keep, not Muslims.

You state: "As soon as another group, religious or otherwise, starts putting up these kind of numbers then I'll be sure to give them the stink-eye too."

In the US, white supremacists put up those numbers. Individuals who espouse the same hate that you do put up worse numbers than radical Muslims. By your very logic, you should be turning that stink eye on yourself.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Strawdog has already been very clear on not giving equal rights to homosexuals. He doesn't understand why it's not okay for that to be his "opinion."

Why is his Muslim way of thinking throwing you?
theycallmepyro likes this.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #38 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Strawdog is racist and homophobic?

WWWaaattt WWWWhhhhaaattt
Old 04-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Strawdog has already been very clear on not giving equal rights to homosexuals. He doesn't understand why it's not okay for that to be his "opinion."

Why is his Muslim way of thinking throwing you?
It's not. It's just useful to point out why he's an idiot to his face.

The nice thing is, if you want to know where to stand on an issue, you just see where Strawdog stands and then pick the opposite.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:37 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
It's just useful to point out why he's an idiot to his face.
Try pointing it out to his anus. Given it's where he talks from, you might have more luck getting your point across.