Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith judgmental when it comes to drugs?
Yes 33 64.71%
No 18 35.29%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree84Likes

Old 04-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If for nothing else than that you waste your life while you're on them, yes drugs are bad. Weed, alcohol, and tobacco included. Should people go to jail for wasting their lives? Of course not.

If it's not prescribed by a Doctor, and you're using it for psychoactive effect; You are, at a minimum, wasting your life. If you disagree, try and explain why it's not ok for a 5 year-old to use Marijuana.

Now is the part where you tell us how well you are coping.
invader likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
I'd like to know what is bad about Marijuana. Other than smoke, which can be prevented with Vaporizer, edibles, or even pills.
Some studies suggest that marijuana is a possible trigger for schizophrenia. This is more of a concern for younger people whose brains are not fully developed.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Firstly mine is precribed by a doctor. I can't live without it, it's the only pain medication on the market that comes close to helping me, as I've explained in other posts... but I'd like to continue talking about it as if it's a social thing (since I use it that way as well.)

The fact that you are bundling Weed, tobacco and alcohol makes me want to agree with you - but the problem is Weed seems to be the only villain.

Almost everyone listening to KATG drinks, including Keith and Danny obviously (my name is Keith..) but only when weed was brought up has a fight about addiction come into play...

It's not okay for children to use marijuana:
When your brain is undeveloped (aka you are not yet an adult) there has been proof showing that weed can have a long-term effect on your short and long term memory... this is where burnouts come in.

There are studies that show (and I'd have to look these up if you want actual links... I'm at work currently though) that once a brain has been fully developed, the only memory effects happen when you are on Marijuana. When it wears off, you have no memory problems you didn't have before.

IF weed was legalized it could be kept out of childrens hands like alcohol and cigarettes. No system is perfect but I know as someone who did all three as a teenager weed was WAY easier to get than alcohol and smokes.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post
Some studies suggest that marijuana is a possible trigger for schizophrenia. This is more of a concern for younger people whose brains are not fully developed.
The studies that suggest that it's a trigger for schizophrenia - I was sent this as well. When I read it, I believe the point they were trying to make is that Marijuana increases the likelyhood of schizophrenia attacks for those who already have it.

It does not increase the likelyhood of developing it.
Harvard: Marijuana Doesn?t Cause Schizophrenia | Psych Central News
Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Almost everyone listening to KATG drinks, including Keith and Danny obviously (my name is Keith..) but only when weed was brought up has a fight about addiction come into play...
Because people aren't goofy saying alcohol and cigarettes can't be addictive. Only weed becomes a thing because people are being so silly about it.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

It makes you a fucking idiot. Done. That's why its bad. You guys really will defend this shit to the death when its fucking stupid.

Since you asked, I smoked pot for 4 years (high school) and drank and did every other drug (for longer than 4 years but not with a lot of frequency) they're all bad for you! Jesus fucking Christ. just refer back to Keiths comment about how we all knew the stoners in high school and now we act like its ok.

Sure there's a difference between a joint once a month, once a week, and every fucking day but you're soooo defensive you can't give an inch on this argument.

What flerchin said. Jesus.
Keith, flerchin and stevo8523 like this.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 04-08-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

It doesn't make you a fucking idiot. We all know stoners in high school, but as Chemda was saying it effects people differently. I could name idiots who don't smoke weed, and fuckin geniuses who do.

How do you judge smart?

Anyways, I'm not being defensive. I'm an advocate. I am trying to teach people that the things they were taught about marijuana was propaganda. Not one reason it was made illegal was true.

Let me flip the point you just made:

No it doesnt. Done.
GreeningOA likes this.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The studies that suggest that it's a trigger for schizophrenia - I was sent this as well. When I read it, I believe the point they were trying to make is that Marijuana increases the likelyhood of schizophrenia attacks for those who already have it.

It does not increase the likelyhood of developing it.
Harvard: Marijuana Doesn?t Cause Schizophrenia | Psych Central News
I'm not an expert on schizophrenia so I don't want to get too deep into this, but the scientific consensus at this time suggests that schizophrenia is a result of genetic and environmental factors. It is possible for someone to be predisposed to schizophrenia but never develop it without an environmental trigger (e.g. marijuana). The jury is still out on this though.

Also, this study looks at how cannabis can alter the adolescent mind in ways that may lead to schizophrenia:
The Development of Neural Synchrony and Large-Scale Cortical Networks During Adolescence: Relevance for the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia and Neurodevelopmental Hypothesis
Scientists still have a long way to go in understanding these matters, so we can't say conclusively whether it does or doesn't increase the risk.

I have stomach issues like you, although I doubt mine are as bad, so I'd be curious to try and vape to see if it would help me.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

I had a classmate in high school who was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, and it was directly connected to drug use, mostly if not entirely marijuana. Granted, he was HIGH ALL THE TIME, 50 Cent-style, but just saying it can definitely happen.

You probably do have to be predisposed to mental illness, and even so there is probably a very small chance.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

I obviously haven't read those studies, but it still seems like they are talking about adolescent minds... Does this pertain to adults as well?
___

I have crohn's disease which is what my stomach issues are - there have been studies done that have shown "some symptom relief" for ALL the participants in the study. As well as complete remission for some (I was not so lucky)

Personally I think if your stomach issues are getting in the way of leading a regular life, it's definately worth a try! Although vaoprizers are expensive, so I'd try it before buying for sure! Know anybody?

For me, I know it was my miracle drug!

The only thing to watch if you are doing things that you don't want people to know you are trying weed - always drink or eat something afterward, because the vape itself doesn't smell as much, but your breath will!

EDIT: Just noticed you are in Toronto... I'm not too far if you don't know anyone. I also know a few shops who will help you get it legally through your doctor assuming your stomach issues have a name...
Fiona_In_Ireland likes this.

Last edited by Abby; 04-08-2014 at 02:29 PM.