Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Danny a capable adult?
Goo-goo 32 55.17%
Ga-ga 26 44.83%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 04-25-2014, 01:36 AM   #51 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

When Sean started talking about church and mentioned it was Protestant I thought we might finally hear some slightly more positive experiences of relative openness and modern attitude in a church. But then we found out it was Baptist and that is usually the same level of bullshit as strict Catholics.

I guess that people that grew up without church horror stories and have the experience more like what Bithead describes just don't need to write books or talk about it because it's not a big deal.

I grew up in a little village. Parents are not the churchgoing type but baptized me Protestant anyway. And during my teenage years I spent a lot of time in the church community.
Not for religious reason (in my mind I was always atheist even before I had the words for it) but because they had a social worker that organized events and parties and we could hang out with our friends in their youth center.
Religious topics were in the background but not forced on us and I eg never got the 'no sex before marriage' talk but rather the safe sex talk.

Me and my friends drifted out of the community after we turned 17/18 and got to drive and leave the village and now I am not part of any church whatsoever but overall it was a very positive experience that made growing up much nicer.
Bucho likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #52 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Everything that I wanted to say was already said. I'm with Keith on this one but I understand Chemda's reaction because I feel Keith's not using the right words to reach Chemda. Bring in Lauren, he's usually a really good referee.
Danny's conclusion was amazing - if Keith wasn't so hilarious he'd sometimes be unbearable. Keith's reaction to that statement = adorable!

All I know is that I was laughing so hard during physical therapy (I now have weak knees too, Keith!) that I believe the old ladies thought I was senile. They are not wrong but I should get a few KATG stickers for the locker room.

Sean's experience sounds terrible and brainwashy and good for him for leaving his church. About Chemda's therapist... wow...! He could have said "Do you feel any kind of hostility towards men?" or "Did your experiences with your father change your opinion on men?". Ah, empathy. So easy and still, so hard to find. Hope you find a good therapist soon.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #53 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Just wanted to drop this in here.

The Difference Between Indica And Sativa Marijuana Plants | The Weed Blog

"The high produced from smoking Indica bud is a strong physical body high that will make you sleepy or ‘couch-locked’ and provides a deep relaxation feeling compared to a Sativa high, which is known to be more energetic and uplifting."

This is why some people claim weed can make them more creative. I'm not a smoker myself so I can't vouch one way or the other, but people I know who do smoke have outright said if you want to veg out on the couch then go with indica, whereas sativa gives you a burst of creativity without the brain-fog.

Loved this show, by the way. I could tell why Chemda was getting so wound up over the manner in which Keith was making his point, but that point was valid nonetheless: weed is illegal (although it should absolutely not be) and comparing it to alcohol when Danny is legally entitled to get drunk does not prove a thing.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We got ourselves a lawyer...

Weed is good for some people. That doesn't mean weed is bad for some people? "What's bad about it?" Get outta town...

Here's what's happening. You heard all these goofballs tell you how bad weed is in different ways that didn't make sense to you over the years, and now I come along and you're taking it out on me. I never said any of these things that are upsetting people, including Chemda. I'm not going as far as you saying how pure it is, and that confuses you. I must be the enemy, and you must defend yourself.

Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitar player of all time. He put acid under his eyelids! So I ask you, if someone can tell me the negative things about acid, I'd love to know...

Lauren being more productive on weed is an anomaly, and you know it. Chemda isn't more productive on weed, Danny isn't, and I'm not, if you want to keep the examples in the family.

(I'm just kidding, Danny. You're not family. Don't worry.)

When you walk into a room of potheads, the air filled with smoke, what's the first thing you think based on actual examples you've seen with your own eyes? Do you immediately ask, "Oh, what are you guys working on?!"

They're working on getting dumb, and you know it.
When I walk into a room of people getting drunk, that's when I see a room of people getting dumb. And in a much more dangerous way. I love listening to you talk some shit but clearly talking to you about this subject leads nowhere, so keep chugging your handle of vodka each week while looking down on weed. It's not hypocritical at all.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm not looking down on weed, you smug idiot. That's what you're not getting.

Now go smoke your medicine. You're getting irrationally angry again.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

These stoners are used to winning arguments with their dads. Keith, why can't you just make the same arguments as Abby's father?
Keith likes this.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #57 (permalink)

Fuck Keith. Fuck Chemda. Someone Please Fuck Danny

Wow. Who knew that long after the 'Keith & Chemda broke up debacle" we'd all still be dealing with their fall-out in the form of a perceived 'Baby Danny'

Man, fuck both Keith and Chemda.

Keith doesn't smoke weed on the daily. Is he in the wrong for worrying about his friend/ employee/ with depression? Is there a difference between Lauren, (a human with the chemistry that pot compliments) and a person like Danny, ( a human whose brain is pre-disposed towards highs with excessive lows) aka clinical depression?

Chemda raised a solid point. Is Keith being controlling? Maybe. Another question might be: "Did Keith questioning Danny smoking pot come from a place of love and sincere concern" or odd fatherly control?

Is there a difference?

Fuck Chemda for suggesting to smoke.

Fuck Keith for being against it.

Do you honestly think Danny has an un-biased choice after the fact??

At some point the joke about a kid in his early 20's not having a bed is done. Danny is aging/ evolving/ becoming his own.

This is new territory for KATG. It's terribly interesting. Let's just hope it doesn't end terribly.

Post Script: Everyone go fuck themselves. Danny is an adult. He can hear you when you speak.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #58 (permalink)

This is the most degrading poll - ever.

Get your shit together.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We noticed that age 25 is when people seem to be more grown up, like it's a switch. Then scientists figured out that, scientifically, the brain doesn't finish developing until age 25. We happened to be right. Now we're playing dumb and ignoring all of that.
I completely agree with this.

However, Danny is legally an adult, which means he should be treated like everyone else who is working with/for you. And it's not just about him. This is also about your own workplace policies and values and beliefs. A discussion to be had with Chemda. And then all the interns and employees have to follow whatever you two decide, if you implement anything at all. Or it could be a free-for-all. You would need to have the same rules for everyone in the studio.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
This is the most degrading poll - ever.

Get your shit together.
True.