Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Danny a capable adult?
Goo-goo 32 55.17%
Ga-ga 26 44.83%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 04-24-2014, 06:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
Chemda,

*Standing Ovation*
Are you fucking kidding with that fucking wall of fucking text???

Fuck your standing ovation; sit the fuck down on your shrink's couch and discuss your verbal dirhreahh.

I'm glad cHemmo went to that shit shrink.
Because if she hadn't, then she wouldn't have uttered the heart rending line "what do I have to do to get a 2nd date with my shrink?"

Well worth the money and the mental anguish.
Tomrl94 likes this.

Last edited by Scumhook; 04-24-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: i was high
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Danny Hatch: "you're so lucky that you're so funny, otherwise you'd be frankly unbearable".

LMFAO.

I paused the podcast, changed my laughter-induced urine soaked undies, and fucking replayed this bit 10 fucking times.
Bucho, i5Tech, flerchin and 2 others like this.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

After 9 years Chemda still hasn't learned not to argue with Keith's logic. Other than being judgmental, Keith is also very hard headed. I've never seen anyone pierce through his thickheaded-ness, in the 8 years I have been listening (it's actually sort of impressive). Now I don't know if that first year of KATG was an epiphany fest where Keith was constantly and always having his eyes opened and re-opened and this gave Chemda hope for the future... but 8 years man, 8 years.

The only thing I do agree with Keith about is, the discussion is about pot; The argument "what, about alcohol?" Or "what about every other illegal/non-illegal, drug?" Seems like you are saying; "Weed is just as bad as these other things. Now let me divert MY issue that we are actually talking about by bringing up YOUR deal."
Old 04-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

this whole Danny thing - hilarious! my coworkers think I retarded while I laugh at my desk
Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
I never post but I felt like I had to say what a brilliant guest Sean was. It sounds like he's had a really interesting life and seemed like a really intelligent and thoughtful guy. Great show!

Looking forward to the documentary!
Agreed! Great show, great guest.

Chemda's therapist sounded awful, I can't believe he would tell her she hates men.

Keith's argument for being uncomfortable with Danny smoking weed on camera seems to boil down to it being illegal. Yes it is illegal, but the chance of legal repercussions seems nil. My city's mayor, Rob Ford, smoked crack on camera and they didn't even charge him. Doug Benson has a popular video podcast called 'Getting Doug With High' where he brings on celebrities and they smoke weed. That being said, I can understand why someone would be uncomfortable with their employee smoking weed on camera.

The issue seems to be more complicated than that though, and it's all tangled up in this employer/mentor/father figure/friend/foe relationship. I don't know enough about Danny/Keith to comment, but I will anyway. I think Keith cares about Danny (up until the point where he can exploit Danny for entertainment purposes), but Danny is old enough to look after himself and he's not doing any worse than a lot of people his age.

Last edited by Scat; 04-24-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm laughing my balls off, this was a great show.

Sparrow likes this.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i think keith just wants one of us stoners to admit it's not a totally harmless, fucking all good never bad, all encompassing cure all for everyone, sun shines out of its ass substance. am i off?
You're on, in fact.

Out of everything in the whole world, including air and water, weed seems to be the only thing that is 100% good and 0% bad. I find that a little odd.

People can't even admit weed makes the brain slower and dumber. You can enjoy it on a Friday night on your couch in your pajamas staring at cartoons to wind down from the week, yet somehow it doesn't make you dumber, not even in that moment.

"Finally I get to smoke up."

"Oh, you must have a big project due right now I assume?"

Now we're pretending Trey Galyon's speech cadence and laugh isn't from weed?

I'm on Candid Camera.

Enjoy your weed by all means (if you don't work for me, or, if you do, don't expect me to be part of how you regularly get your drugs), but don't include me in your silliness, and then you don't have to worry about thinking I'm attacking you.

People ask me weed questions and then get offended. Smoke up, and leave me out of it. Everyone wins.

I understand you potheads are advocating, but you still have to be practical. This is the opposite of Reefer Madness, and it's still extreme.

Last edited by Keith; 04-24-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Chemda I don't think you hate men. I think you do act superior to them though. I wouldn't even argue that you aren't but you definitely come across that way to me a lot of the time. Danny put it so perfectly that Keith you are so funny I don't mind listening to your argument against weed and "doing"(lol) it on camera. You guys are entertainment. How many movies and tv shows are they smoking? It's so easy to say later for legal purposes that it wasn't even weed and how could they ever prove otherwise. I think your view of weed and people who smoke it is pretty narrow. I totally agree that there were people when we were growing up who were viewed as an example of why you shouldn't smoke weed but there are so many creative people that use it as a tool for brainstorming, like lauren. Some people use it to relax at the end of the day, like Chemda and myself. It affects everyone differently and the fact that it is illegal is arbitrary. I so agree with you on almost everything you talk about but on this I truly don't understand your view.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakugenken View Post
One thing that people often leave out in the alcohol vs pot debate (I am a proponent of both) is that pot is only used to get high, rarely for taste. I have often thought something like "a cold Bass Ale would go great with this burger" but never "I could use a bowl with this sandwich."
True for a lot of people, but I always want to get drunk when I drink. I dislike the taste of most alcohol and I can't drink very much unless it's cider. Otherwise I'm just drinking fat and sugar for no reason, and there are other drinks that I enjoy much more that can get me those things.

I understand where Keith is coming from in terms of peoples' inability to admit that weed is not healthy for every person and his concerns about his employee doing illegal substances on the show. I guess talking often about doing substances is different from having evidence on camera. But I do think that Keith picks and chooses what to be concerned about. It's sweet he's worried about Danny, but it's also patronizing. This argument is going to go nowhere (mainly because of Keith's hard-headedness), but if it's for professional reasons, it's not the worst thing that he voiced his opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Danny Hatch: "you're so lucky that you're so funny, otherwise you'd be frankly unbearable".
This was hilarious. Best Danny quote.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
It's sweet he's worried about Danny, but it's also patronizing.
You know who constantly worries that they're being treated like a child?

Children.
iheartnihilism likes this.