Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Danny a capable adult?
Goo-goo 32 55.17%
Ga-ga 26 44.83%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 04-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You know who constantly worries that they're being treated like a child?

Children.
Wow, you just triggered a buried memory

You know who constantly worries that they're being treated like a prostitute?
Sluts.

circa 1994 - said during a relationship fight, not sure I can call it a relationship fight because the second I said it she broke up with me. these forums are free therapy!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghauck View Post
Wow, you just triggered a buried memory

You know who constantly worries that they're being treated like a prostitute?
Sluts.
Wow, what made you say that? What was the argument?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post
Wow, what made you say that? What was the argument?
Let's see 1994. I was an immature 20 year old learning how to deal with jealousy and crazy strong emotions like love and lust. Add the bar scene, false bravado, and alcohol and you have your answer to why I said it.

I honestly don't know how couples make it through their 20's. My wife and I are both glad we met later in life post 'awkward, non confident, silly young adults phase'. Otherwise we'd have too much baggage to still love each other let alone like each other.

Don't get me started on high school sweat-hearts, how do those people have breakfast together knowing they once fought over a 7 minute stairway to heaven dance partner????
Scat likes this.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
It's so easy to say later for legal purposes that it wasn't even weed and how could they ever prove otherwise. I think your view of weed and people who smoke it is pretty narrow. I totally agree that there were people when we were growing up who were viewed as an example of why you shouldn't smoke weed but there are so many creative people that use it as a tool for brainstorming, like lauren.
We got ourselves a lawyer...

Weed is good for some people. That doesn't mean weed is bad for some people? "What's bad about it?" Get outta town...

Here's what's happening. You heard all these goofballs tell you how bad weed is in different ways that didn't make sense to you over the years, and now I come along and you're taking it out on me. I never said any of these things that are upsetting people, including Chemda. I'm not going as far as you saying how pure it is, and that confuses you. I must be the enemy, and you must defend yourself.

Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitar player of all time. He put acid under his eyelids! So I ask you, if someone can tell me the negative things about acid, I'd love to know...

Lauren being more productive on weed is an anomaly, and you know it. Chemda isn't more productive on weed, Danny isn't, and I'm not, if you want to keep the examples in the family.

(I'm just kidding, Danny. You're not family. Don't worry.)

When you walk into a room of potheads, the air filled with smoke, what's the first thing you think based on actual examples you've seen with your own eyes? Do you immediately ask, "Oh, what are you guys working on?!"

They're working on getting dumb, and you know it.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Arguing with Keith (at least about these types of topics) must be infuriating so I absolutely understand the way Chemda reacts and sometimes interprets and alleges things Keith has never said. Hell I sometimes want to shout at my iPhone or reach through the internet and shake him like a screaming baby.

Buuuuuut Chemda you have always had a super duper hardcore negative bordering on irrational fear / opinion on alcohol. I think I remember you having a not quite so vocal but still kinda negative opinion on weed before you met Lauren. It's nice that he managed to convince you otherwise, a little weed is not a bad thing and it seems to help you relax.

But don't you think though that you suddenly defend weed because you learned to like the effects (and no longer have the 'aahhhh I can only do it alone with Lauren because I freak out' panic attacks) while you still don't like to drink alcohol at all and get weirded out if you are even a tiny bit tipsy???

Prost!
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First, this new documentary dude seems pretty cool. Keith, never have him on MNIK, or YOU DON'T KNOW if we'll ever see the final product.

Second, Chemda, good work bailing from that therapist.. the dude sounded messed up.

On to weed. Just boil it down: Weed is illegal (I agree it shouldn't be, but it is). Supplying and encouraging an employee to smoke on camera is insane, even if it's low risk. Just because Chemda/whoever doesn't think it should be illegal, doesn't make it legal. Smoking on camera borders on being one of those dumb teenage-type rebellious actions. Sure Chemda can not like Keith getting people to drink to excess on MNIK (or elsewhere), but alcohol's still legal (for over 21s). If Keith got under 21s to drink on camera (especially if it's an employee), Chemda should have a problem with it too, yes. That still doesn't excuse the fact that weed's illegal and you're promoting an illegal action.. and recording it, and putting it out there for the world.

Keith and Chemda have people who hate them. People who sent episodes to Keith's family. You don't think they can do something with this? Cops love easy wins, and this is a pretty damn easy win, even if minor.

This is ignoring all the "does it affect the smoker's performance" question. It seems to affect Danny, according to Keith (and judging by twitter...). I'm not sure if it affects Chemda. I don't think she does episodes stoned, so if she is, then it obviously doesn't hurt her performance too much (at least, the part we see/hear).

Just as a side note, I find it funny that it's been mentioned before that someone in their early 20s is still a kid, and you become an adult around 25, but when it comes to pot, Danny is 22 and a full adult so he obviously is making great decisions all on his own and we should respect that... in fact, doing illegal drugs on camera should be suggested (pushed?) on him.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #37 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Every dog has its day. This time you make complete sense.
wait - DID THIS FUCKER JUST CALL ME A DOG?
(mind you, I liked'ed it, moved on a few pages, then came back just to re-read this shit).

Let me cross the MNIK addition to my KATG tat out right now.
Cuz "that's how we do it over here"
Old 04-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

What's Wrong with Weed?

Keith, if your only concern is that it is work, great. Good point. However you keep bringing up the "burn out" stereotype of the pothead sooo...... You want to know what is wrong with weed? I am a Pothead who is about to admit there are some side-effects (like literally everything, anywhere, ever.)

1. Smoking weed (or anything else) will damage your lung. Research is slim but it is shown that vaporizers do leave a residue, unknown how damaging it is yet. However, it is only damaging the Bronchioles. It does not cause cancer - studies have even shown that smoking weed may slow the growth of cancer... small studies, but pretty impressive.

2. Smoking weed "makes you dumb". When you are currently being influenced by weed you do experience both long and short term memory. When you are no longer high - these do not continue. This is the most well written one I've found. Study: Marijuana Not Linked With Long Term Cognitive Impairment | TIME.com

3. Weed may cause symptoms in trigger schizophrenia in people who have a family history of this disease.

4. Weed may cause forgetfulness, trouble concentrating, slower reactions, anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia... but only while you are smoking it. Symptoms are shown to subside within hours of smoking.

5. You might like weed a little too much - aka what Keith calls addiction - Dependence: dependent people crave the drug and may have difficulty reducing or stopping their use of it. They may even get withdrawl symptoms - Troubled sleep, irritability, anxiety, loss of appetite, even nausea.

That's it. The whole list. I have already said a million times the benefits. No need to repeat myself. These negative effects aren't even close to anything else we do to ourselves.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

First off, you're the one I was referencing when I mentioned, "Can someone seriously tell me what's wrong with weed?" So take a look at what you wrote now to answer that.

All your points include the things that go away when you DON'T use it. But we're talking about when people DO use it. And how does all the negative affects go away when you stop using it anyway? Trey is never going to not sound like a constant toker ever, no matter how long he goes not smoking. That's now permanent.

And everything else we do to ourselves is so much worse? My goodness, what else are you up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
I find it funny that it's been mentioned before that someone in their early 20s is still a kid, and you become an adult around 25, but when it comes to pot, Danny is 22 and a full adult so he obviously is making great decisions all on his own and we should respect that... in fact, doing illegal drugs on camera should be suggested (pushed?) on him.
Boom!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
And everything else we do to ourselves is so much worse? My goodness, what else are you up to?
That's it. When people do use it that is all the negative effects that happen. Ever.

How does the effect go away when we aren't using it? How does drunkeness wear off? The effects of marijuana subside when the drugs leave our systems. You can't judge someone by their voice. I know people who sound like a stoner who had never smoked a day in their lives! Trey is laid back, a symptom of marijuana use.

And anyway I sound like something? What a terrible side effect...

What am I up to that is worse than that? I night of drinking, used to chain smoke, ate too much sugar, done many other illicit drugs. Now the legal drugs I have taken that have had negative side effects; morphine, prednisone, methotrexate, beudeconide - all of these SEVERELY changed my mood and personality. As well as humira, remicade both which are known to double your chances of getting a terrible form of cancer (and then you die).

How does marijuana even compare if all of these drugs and alcohol and cigarettes are legal?