Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Danny a capable adult?
Goo-goo 32 55.17%
Ga-ga 26 44.83%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #61 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda hates men, does she? Does that include her fiancé? Obviously the therapist wasn't listening when Chemda said she's ENGAGED TO A DUDE. what an idiot.

Good for you Chemda for sticking with it despite this idiot.

On another note, if I had a pal treat me like Keith treats his pal Danny, I wouldn't be pals with him anymore. Keith's "you're being silly" argument, which has been coming up more often lately, is dismissive, condescending, and rude. Also, it does nothing to explain his side of things which makes it seem like he doesn't really have a legit argument. Sometimes they're not being silly, Keith, they're really asking for your side.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm not looking down on weed, you smug idiot. That's what you're not getting.

Now go smoke your medicine. You're getting irrationally angry again.
Is that nice? I was never irrational or angry about it dude I just love the shit out of your show and your opinion on this particular topic seems out of sync with the rest of your progressive views. It seemed to me you were looking down on it but if you say you weren't then fine. I guess it's just about danny? Maybe I got defensive about weed too quickly and maybe I made my alcohol comparison too much of a personal attack. Either way I certainly don't want to offend the dude I respect and listen to every single day. Anyway I'm starting to sound like an ass kisser and I don't need to agree with you on everything I guess.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #63 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Is that nice?
No. It was deliberately not nice. You were sarcastic and snarky, so I was rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyApprentice View Post
Keith's "you're being silly" argument, which has been coming up more often lately, is dismissive, condescending, and rude. Also, it does nothing to explain his side of things which makes it seem like he doesn't really have a legit argument. Sometimes they're not being silly, Keith, they're really asking for your side.
It's very much meant to be dismissive. If you really don't see my point by now, then you are not trying. If you continue to try to keep an argument going while not trying to understand my side, then you are being silly.

I'm an old man now. I don't have time for silliness.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #64 (permalink)

I hope my take on things is okay. I've smoked pot for so long its hard to focus for 7 pages of comments. I was going to multi quote the evidence but that would take to much effort.

Keith is fine with casual use of almost any drug but would rather it wasn't a large part of his life, especially when concerning work life.

Keith grew up noticing pot smokers turn into no good burnouts. *hint hint* how many times has he said this? *hint hint*

He has watched Chemda go from not liking any drugs to regularly getting high and wonders where its leading and how it will effect the show.

Keith feels parental to Danny and sees someone still trying to find their way being heavily influenced by his bosses behaviour. He fairly wonders if someone with admitted mental anxieties should be more careful with mind altering substances. (I did this at Danny's age and just over analysed everything to death. But I was lonely and sad so at least I was high)

Keith is worried about the quality of the show dropping because of all of this. People being stoned on the marathons is exibit A

Chemda and Danny smoked on camera in the office on behalf of the show compounding the issue. It's not really the issue but its the breaking point.

Of course pot is not 100% fantastic but like everything if you don't get into a heavy habit it's probably fine. Unless it effects your work. See above. I've started noticing I've got out of the habit of concentrating at work.

I had a point. Hope I made it.
iheartnihilism likes this.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #65 (permalink)

oh yeah and probably something about Keith subconsciously not liking when it feels like Chemda is more of a mentor to Danny then he is.

I see where you're coming from Keith, but I don't think you've really let Chemda know what the deep issue is.

I don't think I should vote on this poll. You're beakers seem to be full of bile and I'm worried it will sully the results.

Last edited by WittyReference; 04-25-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: beaker jokes
Old 04-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm an old man now. I don't have time for silliness.
Your avatar hasn't aged a day since I started listening 7 years ago.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #67 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

By the way let me mention this: Sean was an ace guest and I'm suuuuuuper-excited to see his KATG documentary (I spell the whole word out instead of just saying "doc" or "doco" out of respect for his art) when he finishes it.

Speaking of respect for art, here's Cat's Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...y-of-aircrafts

Now I get why Keith was making a big dealio about the pluralisation of "aircraft". Also, I lolled out loudly when Chemda replied to Keith saying that was "Just a little fun fact" with "Well, I'm not sure how fun it is ...".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
Bring in Lauren, he's usually a really good referee.
Oh suuuuuuuuuuuuure, and I bet you were fine when there was a Russian judge at the Olympics too. Why don't we just put Oscar Pistorius on his own jury while we're at it?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Speaking of respect for art, here's Cat's Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...y-of-aircrafts

Now I get why Keith was making a big dealio about the pluralisation of "aircraft".
WTF, amazing stuff. Can't believe I never checked out calmtheham.com before. Just ordered the kickstarter COOL COLLECTION to spruce up the office.

Any chance I can get a secret Hugsy paw print signature on my collector's books?? (I know, I know, pesky KATG fans always asking for more...)
Bucho likes this.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #69 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
chemda can promote anything she wishes. that shit is protected free speech, brah.
I'm pretty sure encouraging illegal activities is not covered under free speech unless it's super broad like, "Smoke weed everyday!" I'm no lawyer, but I'd be careful about seriously telling someone that they should smoke weed on camera.
J. Canines likes this.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #70 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Gotta agree with Keith here, giving your employee an illegal substance is way worse that giving your employee alcohol.

Chemda's nobody goes to jail for a little weed is such a white person perspective. FOH with that there are tons of black and hispanic ppl who have been detained and have misdemeanor possession charges for a little bit of weed.
J. Canines likes this.