Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Beats by Dre
Worth it 3 5.45%
Overrated 52 94.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

I'm gonna guess KATG.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

1977: Mama Mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
My main reason for not wanting the beats headphones is that I much prefer the small in ear ones - how do people carry these big bulky headphones around with them all day without either being super annoyed by their size or accidentally crushing them?

You do know they make Beats earbuds right? They even come with different sized rubber covers for a perfect fit.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the new iPhone earbuds. Best redesign they ever made, but the Beats have surprisingly good noise cancellation and great bass...it's really surprising the difference in audio quality to me anyway. You can often find a good deal for them online, my husband got his pair at nomorerack for $50. Yup. I am still kicking myself for not buying a pair too. I really thought it was just hype until I tried a pair.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #23 (permalink)

I have the Beats wired headphones (as opposed to earphones). I picked them up used on ebay about a year ago for about $100. They do noise cancel pretty nicely, have pretty good range and bass, and they fold up for travel. They also have a microphone with sound adjustment on the cable. The cable also detaches from the headphones which helps when you catch the cable on things. I wouldn't pay $400, but I do think they have enough quality and bells and whistles to make it worthwhile to buy them at or under $100. My only complaint is they press a little too tightly on your ears which can begin to hurt after awhile.

In regards to volunteering and your friends paying you to do laps or other strange things rather than just give money to research, that was a Doug Stanhope bit. I just watched it on Netflix. He also talks about how ridiculous it is for people to be out 'raising awareness' when instead they can be out taking action themselves. His example is a guy and a dog with broken bones lying in a ditch and someone just pointing at them and shouting rather than actually doing something. He sort of has a point.
J. Canines likes this.

Last edited by Mark Sandiego; 05-19-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
You do know they make Beats earbuds right? They even come with different sized rubber covers for a perfect fit.
No I actually didn't - thanks for the tip.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Beats are most people's first pair of real headphones (as in not $5 ones). They're not bad, but it's far from worth the price. People are used to using dollar store headphones and so they think Beats are really amazing when it's really just mediocre. Fairly comfortable, though. But when the most notable quality about your $400 headphones are than they're comfortable...

Companies like Monster and Bose are mostly just selling their brands. When I see a gold plated HDMI cable, I actually get upset. Complete scam.

Best pair of headphones I've used are ATH-AD700s. Kinda big for my head, though.