Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who’s more right with the 'multiple shots' talk?
Keith. I don't care for magician lawyers, either. 21 46.67%
Myq. Multiple means more than one, and that's that. 24 53.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
Both Keith and Chemda are giving Myq shit

about still being friends with exes....

ok.

#irony
RIGHT?!?!? Come on, you two!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I agree with myq completely about exs.
Thanks! Me too!

Also, on the subject of whether it's weird or normal, or whether most people do it or don't do it, I don't know. Certainly a lot of people don't, and that doesn't mean anything negative about those people necessarily (though it could, if you're like "everyone I've dated is a huge asshole" then what's the common denominator), but it means something positive if you ARE friends with exes. Of course, there can also be lots of other negative things about you no matter what. Everyone wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I only have 5 letters for today's show.

myq <3
Hearts to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPete View Post
Awesome episode. My favourite Myq episode yet.
Loved the interactions between Keith, Chemda and Myq and thought Keith was particularly on form today.
Hooray! Or "houray"?
British thanks! (Cheers?)
Old 05-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oftentimes the current significant other is uncomfortable with you being friendly with an ex. How do you handle that?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Oftentimes the current significant other is uncomfortable with you being friendly with an ex. How do you handle that?
Speak reasonably with the current significant other about how you love one another and trust one another?
J. Canines likes this.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
Speak reasonably with the current significant other about how you love one another and trust one another?

Sure. But that doesn't mean the current love understands. It's human nature to be concerned about losing your bf/gf to a past love. Jealousy is a human emotion. One not many enjoy or try to express, but that only makes it more real.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Sure. But that doesn't mean the current love understands. It's human nature to be concerned about losing your bf/gf to a past love. Jealousy is a human emotion. One not many enjoy or try to express, but that only makes it more real.
I'm certainly familiar with jealousy, both as a concept and specifically.
But saying "it's human nature" as though that means it's unchangeable and unable to be discussed and dealt with or overcome, I think misses something.
It used to be human nature to live in caves.

And I honestly don't accept that it's human nature to be concerned about losing your other to a past love. I haven't felt that way in any of my relationships, and I'm human.
I'm not saying that no humans feel that way, but I definitely don't think it's universal.

So, I don't know what to do in a situation like that, because it's not one that I'm familiar with. If I'm with someone, and I tell them that I love them and I want to be with them and I'm not interested in being with anyone else, and they don't believe me? That's a problem for me.
J. Canines likes this.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

1978: What Are You Doing Right Now?

I definitely do not say, "it's human nature," as if it's impossible to overcome. It's just interesting that you've found so many that have seemingly overcome it without issue.

I do care about past loves. But it's also important to care about my current partner's feelings. In fact if it's not more important, I'm probably with the wrong person.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
I definitely do not say, "it's human nature," as if it's impossible to overcome. It's just interesting that you've found so many that have seemingly overcome it without issue.

I do care about past loves. But it's also important to care about my current partner's feelings. In fact if it's not more important, I'm probably with the wrong person.
With regards to the first point, I do feel fortunate that I've found so many wonderful, like-minded people to be with, in relationships and friendships.

And of course it's important to care about your partner's feelings. And it's also important for them to care about yours.

I think we agree about the generalities. Specific results may vary.

I'm heading off to Boston now! Don't have good conversations without me!
BrianAlt likes this.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
Is this a reference from a time period that predates comedy?

Ya lost me
You annoy me so much. There's something about you.
Keith, spkheller and BritPete like this.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Myq's going to Boston?! I just wanted to make sure that everyone isn't the same, and everyone has the right to be happy, and that there aren't many generalities when it comes to the personal feelings of individuals.

Boston has internet, right? I'll get the answer later I guess.