Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Seth MacFarlane
Yes 33 58.93%
No 23 41.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

1986: A Half-Ton of Fun

Donald Sterling sells the Clippers to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion, Justin Bieber tell racist jokes on camera, the world’s heaviest man dies, The Washington Post blames the UCSB shooting on Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan, Chemda meets her family, Charlie Sheen blows up on Rihanna, Macaulay Culkin gets pelted with beers, Led Zeppelin sued for Stairway to Heaven

Share this episode: A Half-Ton of Fun (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by dannyhatch; 06-01-2014 at 11:06 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I haven't listened to this show yet, but Keith and The Girl read my mind.

THANK YOU for putting the old live shows in the VIP feed!

I finally get to hear all of the back episodes.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

They have that app for avoiding people already.

We have one here called Frenemies: (not sure if you have this in the US app store) https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fren...565876787?mt=8 It's very similar to what Amber described where both people opt in to being frenemies and you can get alerted when your frenemy is within a distance you specify.

The more recently launched one in the US is called Cloak: New apps help people avoid unwanted encounters | Reuters
Cloak has the tracking but not the mutual alerts, just alerts for you.

Love the Sunday night show BTW. Super awesome for those of us living in the future who usually have to suffer through Mondays showless.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's really lovely to hear how Chemda's family issues are finally coming to a balanced resolution. On one side at peace with the fact that her own parents are shitty towards her, on the other growing stronger with her brothers and also building a fantastic relationship with the inlaws. And finally getting all the parental emotional support she ever needed. Lauren is a fucking angel.

But I did understand what Keith meant about the wedding: it's one thing not to get invited but it's another to say no to an invitation. (With all due respect because they are still your parents...) Fuck them, make the statement, don't invite. You reap what you sow.
The Girl, blu, lizsquiz and 2 others like this.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
What an absolutely delightful treat to get KATG on an otherwise horrible Monday.

Really livened things up. Thanks.
After the last Game of Thrones episode, I felt pretty sick to my stomach. This episode helped cleanse the pallet.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It really makes a difference to start the week off with a KATG ep on Monday.

Digging the Record On Sunday idea.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, do you realize what you've done? I'm all on board for shows appearing in my feed Monday-Friday, but if it is a resounding success you'll be sorry because of three letters:

NFL

If you have to record Sunday shows, you're going to miss at least 1 game every week during the season. Why not just post Friday's show on Monday instead of Saturday morning?

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 06-02-2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: SPOILER ALERT: Keith was right about Game of Thrones.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm on board with the Sunday night recording. Great idea!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
NFL

If you have to record Sunday shows, you're going to miss at least 1 game every week during the season. Why not just post Friday's show on Monday instead of Saturday morning?
You seem a little confused, but Friday then sit on it till Monday? That's not fresh enough for me.

As for Sunday, I only care about the Steelers. We'll move the show around accordingly.

Some days I'll be slambasted, sure, but we'll git-r-done.

Which reminds me: Hey Chemda...
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Once again, Keith drops the quantum soap in the shower, and makes the laws of physics bend over to pick it up.

A Monday show, delivered into the future for the roo-fuckers and ram-rooters to enjoy on Monday while the US of A sleeps.