Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If I took my dick out, would you hide it in your mouth so nobody gets embarrassed?
Yes 5 9.09%
No 50 90.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree23Likes

Old 05-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Aldo's phone call broke my heart. I was such a huuuuge fan of Patrice, it was so disappointing the first time around but hearing this is just sad. Aldo was the last person I expected to be on the phone because they were such good friends. So sorry to learn that she owes you so much money, Aldo.

I'm kinda glad Chemda wasn't around because I know she'd be under the table. That's why they are such a good team, these two: Chemda gives you empathy and love and understanding. Keith gives you a shot of Jager, asks you a question and then punches you right in the face.
Sean Othan and J. Canines like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Well done to Aldo and thanks for coming forward on the show. Got me through a hospital visit. VIP will get me through recovery. Can't wait to catch up on Myka's show, the best show ever did.

Could you sue her, preferably on judge judy? When you were talking about still hanging out or trying to be nice, it reminded me of Keithz revelation about bullies and how you keep hanging around them hoping they'll change their mind and realise you're cool.

Couple of questions :

- did Chemda know you were doing this show or will it be a surprise when she gets back, cause oh boy.

What's this tapatalk thing the mobile version of your site wants me to install?

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post

What's this tapatalk thing the mobile version of your site wants me to install?
Was about to come here with the exact same question.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's a pretty good way to browse the forums.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First of all, Days of Future Past was the first X-Men movie I've seen AND I FRIGGIN LOVED IT. I even thought "you know, I bet Keith liked this movie, it did not make a mockery of time travel."

Secondly, kudos to Aldo for sticking up for himself and airing it out. It's so easy to feel like the asshole when you're the one who's owed something, for whatever reason. My jaw dropped at $3,000 but at $6,000 that is like.... you really could take her to court for all this, 3 or 6 grand.

I can't say I'd call Patrice a friend, since I never met her. I internet-liked her and was a big fan. But every single time we were supposed to meet or get together, something would come up. She opted into things she didn't have to and stood me up. She didn't have to say yes! I wasn't twisting her arm! Like the couple times I put feelers out on twitter to see if any of my friends were interested in Friendsgiving (day after thanksgiving friend meal get-together), and she said yes, she'd make it and give her directions/travel instructions to Jersey... I was like wow that's cool, the more the merrier. I was inviting this wacko into my home before I knew she was a wacko, but I guess it's good she didn't come, because maybe she'd never leave.

She didn't come, I got a flaky text about it. I felt bummed out at the time, which was way before any of this drama came to light. I thought she was a really cool person from online and KATG and was really excited. Then to explain to my friends that no, Patrice wasn't coming (and again, twice after that when she RSVP'd/flaked for other things)...

When she didn't go to the KATG live show in November 2012, I asked her why she didn't come, and she said how her brother's birthday last minute blah blah blah, and I WANTED to say "how is someone's birthday last minute, it's the same damn day every year!" But whatever, she was reaching for excuses. Whether it be stage fright or no money or whatever her problem is.

The pathological lying, combined with money-borrowing and simultaneously bragging about how she's rollin in dough from her many shady jobs.. all of it together is sad that she feels like this is what she needs to do to gain friends, when in reality she's lost friends and gotten a bad rap as a scam artiste.
Keith and J. Canines like this.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Counterpoint:

Has Patrice ever let it slip that she's in College/University? Has anyone noticed her making notes every time she "borrows" (steals) from someone? Maybe she's doing some kind of comprehensive social experiment, and fully intends to pay back everyone, with interest, once her paper is published.

Point:
... nah... she's a compulsive liar unlike I've ever heard of.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I especially like how she'll casually drop on FB things about working in an office, interacting with people at work. Like ok, I guess you're "working" now.....? Sure thing.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to this show again was as cringe worthy as it was the first time round but I realised that I didn't listen properly the first time round.

I feel bad for what Danny experienced. I feel bad for Keith and Chemda that they got shat on by her. I feel that I didn't get it on the first listen.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to this episode reminds me of when I was younger and borrowed 2-3k to a friend over a summer to help them live. I eventually learned my lesson cut ties and now I won't even lend anyone any money.

Along with this after being burned at the bar numerous times with people putting drink on my tab. I made a rule of only drinking one type of drink at the bar so if anything else showed up I would remember buying that drink.

In the end I just wounder with all her lying that if the stories of her mom are true. I am kinda on her mom side now.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm so glad to finally know what the fuck went down Patrice. I never would have guessed she was a narcissistic sociopath from listening to the show. (She always sounded like she would be so much fun to be around).

(Yes, I'm getting around to a VIP subscription)

I dated one once, many years ago. Found out before I dumped him that he had used my credit and debit card, cheated on me left and right, left his old roomies high and dry while making up some story when moving in with me.. I bought all the groceries, paid the bills, and it was always "I'll pay you my share as soon as I can" .. and I believed it for so long, feeling so much (like Aldo said) like a chump, wondering how I could be so dumb. Lasted longer than it should have, but it was my first real relationship so I had the whole naive thing to deal with..

I'm not a shrink, so here's some NS traits shared by Patrice and my skank whore ex. Think it's pretty spot on:

Glib and superficial charm. The tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Sociopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A sociopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

Grandiose self-worth. A grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Sociopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

Pathological lying. Can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

Conning and manipulative. The use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain.

Shallow affect. Emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

Parasitic lifestyle. An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

Irresponsibility. Repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

(Shamelessly copied and pasted from some site claiming to know the signs) : Identifying a Narcissistic Sociopath | Paula's Pontifications
J. Canines likes this.