Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you spent money on Patrice in any way?
Yes 23 19.17%
No 97 80.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I did exactly the same thing (look up Patrice's site) after I posted here. It's the same shitty gifs, random quotes and no real stories that are told in Patrice's voice. It's like a psychopathic Pinterest board.
memecherry and Jerlyn like this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 05-30-2014 at 02:37 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

After the show i was like 'Woah patrice is really evil' and this show involved a guy who randomly killed a bunch of people.
Keith, blu, Jerlyn and 1 others like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I was kind of conflicted the first time the drama with Patrice was aired out on That's The Show With Danny. I thought, "Well this is messed up... but I'm going to stay out of it b/c I like Patrice and I like KATG." Everything seemed so much smaller. The original gripe seemed to be about a drink here and there, being evasive about what she did for a living and big timing KATG to people behind their backs.

I thought maybe this was just a vent session and things would eventually be repaired. And as a listener it seemed to come out of nowhere b/c Patrice was literally JUST on the show and everything seemed okay. As time went by it just felt more and more awkward as it stopped being talked about and there was no interaction between KATG and Patrice. Patrice was cool towards us and I just started thinking it kind of "Went away". Which I admit is some dumb shit to think but that's how I was feeling.

I just didn't want to be involved in any drama either way. Didn't want to have Patrice bad mouthing KATG on our show or try to confront Patrice on behalf of KATG.

Ironically, it's because of Patrice that my wife and I became KATG fans. I don't even know how to feel about that now. And I'm sure it kills Keith and Chemda now too.

Patrice comes on our show and we review Game of Thrones weekly in a segment called "#DemThrones". This is only during the season of the show which last about 10 weeks a year. We had been doing this for a few years back when it seemed like KATG and Patrice were cool. Hell, it was kind of a big deal to us to even share a guest between our shows. I asked her about the initial that's the show with Danny stuff and she seemed to have explanations for all of it but I won't lie I felt uncomfortable even bringing it up. I was just willing to let it go because I didn't want to be involved in a fight between both parties.

When Patrice is on we don't discuss KATG and mostly we only talk about when / if she's going to do our show when we talk online. I've never met Patrice in person or even had a podcast listener talk about meeting Patrice. So I'm not sure if anyone in our audience has had similar experiences with her.

When Keith originally said months ago "Hey if you wanna be friends with her we're not making you pick between her and us" I took that at face value. I would say in light of this newest information that stance has changed. I mean that's a lot of money and people hurt that it seems like not many people knew about.

I don't want to ambush Patrice on our show with KATG stuff. We don't really do a confrontational show like that. And obviously I don't want to give over control of my podcast to KATG's beef with Patrice. But I respect KATG so much I just don't know what to even do. Maybe I shouldn't even be posting this because I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this situation. This entire thing breaks my heart.

I haven't talked to Patrice about it yet. Assuming she'll talk to me I'll try to hear what she has to say but I can't imagine anyone being able to explain ALL of this.
da_ticklah, Bucho, Tech007 and 5 others like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
I read the entire 140 page Elliot Rodger manifesto "My Twisted World" & watched most of his youtube vlogs, the fuckery runs deep.
Jesus Christ.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this not being about "women's rights" but misogyny was blatantly a factor.
4/6 of the victims were men; 3/6 stabbed to death. Anyone who uses this massacre to talk about gun control or misogyny or any issue other than mental health is advocating for a pet issue.
Scumhook likes this.

Last edited by flerchin; 05-30-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
But I respect KATG so much I just don't know what to even do. Maybe I shouldn't even be posting this because I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this situation. This entire thing breaks my heart.
Protect yourself and your family.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this not being about "women's rights" but misogyny was blatantly a factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
4/6 of the victims were men; 3/6 stabbed to death. Anyone who uses this massacre to talk about gun control or misogyny or any issue other than mental health is advocating for a pet issue.
WOW - it makes me all kinds of sad that you really believe this and are proud to announce it
Keith, Bucho, Jerlyn and 1 others like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

It makes me sad too.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
It makes me sad too.
well as you seem to think its all about mental health here - go find help to change the things that make you sad about yourself
Old 05-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Let me try and put a perspective on this that lets you feel less sad about me.

I don't own any guns, and I like to think I treat women equally.

In a perfect world with no guns; this guy's body count would still be too high.

In a perfect world with no misogyny; still too high.

In a perfect world where this guy got the medical care he needed; tragedy averted.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I met Patrice at an event once many years ago and she was like, OMG we should hang out! And we never did and I was always a little sad about that....until all this shit came out. Now I feel like I dodged a bullet!
Jerlyn likes this.