Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you spent money on Patrice in any way?
Yes 23 19.17%
No 97 80.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
In a perfect world where this guy got the medical care he needed; tragedy averted.
I doubt that any amount of mental health intervention would have prevented this guy from doing what he did.

Watching his videos, it was clear to me that he was completely off the reservation.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I know it's horrible what happened, but I couldn't help but chuckle every few seconds while watching that video. Even knowing that he actually went through with it, it felt like it was a parody of how some people think.

EDIT: If I watched the video first, without context, I almost definitely would have thought it was satire.

Last edited by Sashi; 05-30-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

I really liked chemdas idea of seeing specific therapists before getting a gun. Really wish that could actually happen.
flerchin likes this.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #24 (permalink)

Fuck that.

So sick of people using 'mental illness' to let this guy off the hook. Stop throwing people with mental illness under the bus. We have all been rejected in some way or another. This guy is just a narcissistic spoilt little brat who wanted everything handed to him, including sex. That's all there is to it.
J. Canines likes this.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I doubt that any amount of mental health intervention would have prevented this guy from doing what he did.

Watching his videos, it was clear to me that he was completely off the reservation.
It was clear to me too. Proper mental healthcare would probably have included some involuntary time in a psych ward.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I just didn't want to be involved in any drama either way. Didn't want to have Patrice bad mouthing KATG on our show or try to confront Patrice on behalf of KATG.
I'm a fan of both podcasts.

Let me say this about it. Patrice being shady isn't just limited to her taking money. It is her mouth, (and what comes out of it) that is the real problem.

If someone is being shady to everyone BUT you, then do the math. It's just a matter of time.
memecherry and Jerlyn like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
I know my post was probably too long
I read the whole thing. You are right, it's all chilling. Thank you for taking the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
but just looking at the numbers and saying misogyny wasn't a key factor is disingenuous.
This guy was a murderous psycho. That his psychosis fixated on misogyny simply isn't relevant. The killers in Newtown and Aurora fixated on little kids and Batman fans.

There's an issue here in common, murderous psychos with guns, and our country is not protecting us from them. In this particular case though, the body count was quite high even without guns.
Lanfear likes this.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
That his psychosis fixated on misogyny simply isn't relevant.
motive is relevant.
Keith, Bucho, thirteen and 3 others like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I talked to her and she won't be on the show any more. This all sucks. Before this it was kinda like being friends with two people who didn't like each other. I don't think anyone should be looking at us sideways because we had no way of knowing folks were gonna accuse her of thousands of dollars of theft in the last two days.

I feel bad for all involved. I don't want any drama with Keith or Chemda who I have a ton of respect for. Hopefully they understand we weren't trying to be shady or confrontational by having her own to shoot the shit about Game of Thrones.

I know our fans will miss her being on that segment as it is probably our most popular show of the week but it's not worth it if we're adding to any drama for KATG or KATG nation.

KATG is the closest thing we have to podcast parents so I apologize if this rubbed anyone the wrong way but hopefully people can understand.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Well...

I started listening to this show because of Patrice who I met through Cole (that part I don't regret but I regret encountering her). I did remember purchasing a round at a bar once and thought nothing of it. It's normal for my friends to buy rounds for each other but she never had for me.

What I was pissed at: I started seeing a guy who I think she also found hot and were among their friends. She admitted to me that she would do all sorts of things with him if she had the chance. However, I didn't admit to her that we were seeing each other.

I believe that she started a rumour telling him that I said certain things about him and his art, that I hadn't, to break us up when she noticed we were dating. I never found the truth about it but he came to me pretty upset about the lies that caused him not to talk to me up to this day.

I definitely believe she started it since she was the only one who knew we were dating at the time.

Months later after she got her friends to stop talking to me (Cole and Tameeka), she saw me at West 4 stop and fakely said hi and went away. Then one more time at a social media party (yea those that EVERYONE gets invited to when you have Klout) she completely ignored me.

I'm so happy this came into light because I never believed any of her fast-talking and lies. Also, never understood why her blog looked like a non-writer for a writer. She asked me to help her set up ads on her tumblr once (because I'm a developer and I had placed them on mine). So happy that I didn't help.

I just regretted that I stopped interacting with the great people that I met through her—Cole included and I feel bad about that (and unfortunately, I almost stopped listening to this show because I assumed everyone around her was like her—glad I hadn't).

This was therapeutic thanks!
Keith, Bucho, memecherry and 2 others like this.