Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you spent money on Patrice in any way?
Yes 23 19.17%
No 97 80.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 05-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

[QUOTE=rodimusprime;822650] I respect KATG so much I just don't know what to even do. Maybe I shouldn't even be posting this because I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this situation. This entire thing breaks my heart.

I'm a fan of both and it makes me sad to think that one person could cause any beef between KATG and TBGWTs. I came to KATG from Rod's recommendation and eventually went VIP. Patrice's cameos on TBGWT's #demThones had become popular before Patrice's shady ways were brought to light. I don't think it's fair to "side-eye" Rod for having Patrice on A SEGMENT of his show when he, like you were for 9 years, was blind to the fact that she had such questionable characteristics. I certainly don't think what people are saying Patrice did to them is right, nor do I think Rod would agree it's right either, but it seems his podcast and fans are just as much victims (or potential victims) as Keith, Chemda and their audience once was.

I hope this is all settled in the end because I know how much of a fan Rod is of your show, and how much I enjoy both of your podcast.
Bucho, Carruthers, Jerlyn and 2 others like this.

Last edited by terror-lyn; 05-30-2014 at 11:24 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

How much did Patrice say she made annually? ~ $80,000?

I believe it.

Now we know it's also tax-free.

Sickening.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Everything's fine with us and Rod and his show. Surely you can understand that if someone is constantly shitting on me behind my back, I tell you that, and you still put them out there like they're a good person, it will bother me.

I'm not angry at him. I said anyone can make they're own choice when it comes to being friends with Patrice. But of course I will still find the decision to basically side with Patrice (that is what it says) odd and bothersome.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

EchosMyron, you shouldn’t have. I mean YOU REALLY SHOULDN’T HAVE. You already gave this guy more attention than every woman on Earth did that he met before he ended his sad life. I almost cursed KATG today for making me listen to that smug douche’s video. I clicked on it when it was the lead story last week and saw that it was a 4 minute video. I cut it off a minute and a half in. This was a boy in a man’s body and he had never been required to do anything for himself except make mommy proud by seeing his expensive Hollywood therapist.

After 1 minute I was thinking, “This guy is worse than Muslim extremists and the way they treat women.” It is a horrible argument that will fail simply on its lack of merit, no matter what he thinks he endured. He might as well have said, “WAAAAH! You’re throwing your bodies at brutes and not at me. I guess you need to be shackled and forced to service me sexually or wear a burka so that I don’t have to be attracted to you sluts.”

I have a friend like him that I’ve known since 5th grade. I’m pretty sure he was a virgin until he was in grad school because he set his standards for women too high. They had to be perfect or he wouldn’t even approach them, and his idea of perfect was a 9 or 10 in looks, wealthy, available, and inclined to date him. He wouldn’t even chance a rejection. And this guy was my best friend. He was the richest guy I knew, one of the best athletes, and had a ripped body from working out all the time. He just couldn’t deal with females. I know it’s a tough life when you go down that road, but there is no reward without risk.

This guy was mentally ill and had a lot of treatment. I’m not going to blame guns for this, but I’m on Keith’s side when it comes to gun control. I’ve had guns since I was 8. This guy had therapy since he was 8. Since they already link up new gun purchases to criminal records, why not also link it up to prescription medication databases. Say, if you’ve filled a prescription from a therapist in the past 3 years, you have to get a note from your doctor to purchase a weapon. This guy, the Colorado/Batman shooter, and the Sandy Hook shooter all had a history of mental illness, yet it never came up on a gun license check. I would even extend it to households. If you are law-abiding but you care 24/7 for someone suffering from mental illness, you probably shouldn’t have a gun in your home.
flerchin and Sashi like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Everything's fine with us and Rod and his show. Surely you can understand that if someone is constantly shitting on me behind my back, I tell you that, and you still put them out there like they're a good person, it will bother me.

I'm not angry at him. I said anyone can make they're own choice when it comes to being friends with Patrice. But of course I will still find the decision to basically side with Patrice (that is what it says) odd and bothersome.
I saw it as not taking either side at the time since we had already been doing those shows before there was any airing out of issues but ultimately I'm glad to see everything is fine. And now that you've spoken on it I can see how someone could view it as taking a side.

Everything about this situation sucks. Thanks for hearing me out.
flerchin and Larion like this.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I understand you weren't taking a side per se, but it does say that someone shitting on us didn't bother you enough to show her how wrong she was. And granted that's not your job. But it's something of note to us.

But again, all really is fine. I'm not letting that weirdo make us feel uncomfortable. I would love to know how that back-and-forth between you two went though...
Old 05-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Yep. I was one of those who Paypaled her a couple of times via Hell 'n Heartaches dot com.

Thinking back, it was a curious site - not something that I would expect of a writer.
BooYouWhore.net was also quite the professional portfolio.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I understand you weren't taking a side per se, but it does say that someone shitting on us didn't bother you enough to show her how wrong she was. And granted that's not your job. But it's something of note to us.

But again, all really is fine. I'm not letting that weirdo make us feel uncomfortable. I would love to know how that back-and-forth between you two went though...
Understood. I definitely can see how it could be taken that way.

And honestly I don't even want to say since the conversation took place in private. And I'd prefer not to have any more involvement. I regret being involved in any way at all at this point.
Larion likes this.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAP View Post
BooYouWhore.net was also quite the professional portfolio.
once I got on tumblr a year and a half ago and realized her "website" was like an internet gif copy machine with little original content, I really questioned exactly how she makes money.

Maybe she's got a LinkedIn hustle too.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Maybe she's got a LinkedIn hustle too.
Or a KickStarter, or a GoFundMe account.