Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is being a 25-year-old virgin a bad thing?
Yes 19 55.88%
No 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes

Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

1996: Stiff Competition

With Andrea Allen and Emily Lubin – Stand-Up-Athon campaigning; Andrea’s sobriety; Father’s Day phone calls; Casey Kasem and Chuck Noll die at 82; how to lose your virginity; Dave Chappelle on David Letterman; a Tonight Show tell-all; Morrissey cancels his tour

Guests:
Andrea Allan

Emily Lubin

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Andrea & Emily...

I'm pretty stiff and haven't even listened yet...
Old 06-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the mention Keith. While I may be somewhat physically challenged and often socially, I'm not mentally challenged. While my living situation may be a source of chagrin for you and some of the audience, it works out fine for us.

That being said great show and remember to keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. Keep your stick on the ice.
flerchin likes this.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If I were you I'd play up the mentally challenged angle.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Chapelle: Crazy or Simply Indecisive?

Dave Chappelle made the greatest pot movie ever made: Half Baked. He then went and made one of the greatest stand up albums of all time Killing Them Softly. THEN he went on to make one of the greatest comedy sketch shows, (that redefined race in America) Chappelle Show.

He followed these successes by suddenly disappearing to Africa. Followed by moving, to a small farm in Ohio, with his wife and children.

After years of being off radar, he began flying all the way from Ohio to the legendary Comedy Store in Los Angeles, California. He would show up and do bizarre shows. Some with little to no comedy. From what I can tell, he got into a de facto stand up challenge with Dane Cook. They'd go to open mics, totally by surprise, then see who could 'go the longest.'

Last I heard Dave Chappelle was in the lead with stupidly long, seven hour and thirty-two minute set. I think it was Ari Shaffir who stated on his Skeptic Tank podcast, that the crowd was into it for an hour or two. They were happy to see Chappelle, but only a few hardcore fans actually stayed till the end. Ari said he wasn't even telling jokes. Just talking and smoking cigs.

Chappelle then went on to headline last year's Oddball Comedy Tour where he suddenly walked off stage during one of the shows.

Dave Chappelle isn't crazy. No one who has accomplished what he has - is insane. It's far too dismissive a label. "Oh he turned down 50 million dollars. That's crazy." Well, yes and no.

To me, Chappelle is a brilliant eccentric, who has said all he has to say. Told all his jokes and banked millions. He comes across as a comedian trying to get back to his stand up roots. Not realizing there is no going back; Chappelle keeps trying to get back on stage. To set another precedent, (a la longest comedy set in LA.)

Dave Chappelle isn't crazy. He's a simply a comic. A guy who probably gets up, hears "I'm Rich Bitch!" yelled from the crowd, and thinks to himself, 'WTF am I doing? I AM rich. I'm going back to the farm. Fuck it.'

Chappelle appears crazy because he can afford to. He's not nuts. He's simply indecisive about retirement.
flerchin likes this.

Last edited by J. Canines; 06-16-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

A few episodes ago I was complaining that my posts were deleted.

I said something about who I didn't vote for and Emily said something like, 'you voted for Danny???" And I said that I didn't.

And those post got deleted.

And my first time was amazing. For both of us. And I expected it to be strange and uncomfortable. But it wasn't. And I think I'm lucky.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Is it a full moon?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Question should be, WAS it a full moon?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I'm not mentally challenged. .
You might want to get a 2nd opinion on that diagnosis.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
Dave Chappelle made the greatest pot movie ever made: Half Baked. He then went and made one of the greatest stand up albums of all time Killing Them Softly. THEN he went on to make one of the greatest comedy sketch shows, (that redefined race in America) Chappelle Show.

He followed these successes by suddenly disappearing to Africa. Followed by moving, to a small farm in Ohio, with his wife and children.

After years of being off radar, he began flying all the way from Ohio to the legendary Comedy Store in Los Angeles, California. He would show up and do bizarre shows. Some with little to no comedy. From what I can tell, he got into a de facto stand up challenge with Dane Cook. They'd go to open mics, totally by surprise, then see who could 'go the longest.'

Last I heard Dave Chappelle was in the lead with stupidly long, seven hour and thirty-two minute set. I think it was Ari Shaffir who stated on his Skeptic Tank podcast, that the crowd was into it for an hour or two. They were happy to see Chappelle, but only a few hardcore fans actually stayed till the end. Ari said he wasn't even telling jokes. Just talking and smoking cigs.

Chappelle then went on to headline last year's Oddball Comedy Tour where he suddenly walked off stage during one of the shows.

Dave Chappelle isn't crazy. No one who has accomplished what he has - is insane. It's far too dismissive a label. "Oh he turned down 50 million dollars. That's crazy." Well, yes and no.

To me, Chappelle is a brilliant eccentric, who has said all he has to say. Told all his jokes and banked millions. He comes across as a comedian trying to get back to his stand up roots. Not realizing there is no going back; Chappelle keeps trying to get back on stage. To set another precedent, (a la longest comedy set in LA.)

Dave Chappelle isn't crazy. He's a simply a comic. A guy who probably gets up, hears "I'm Rich Bitch!" yelled from the crowd, and thinks to himself, 'WTF am I doing? I AM rich. I'm going back to the farm. Fuck it.'

Chappelle appears crazy because he can afford to. He's not nuts. He's simply indecisive about retirement.
Jesus, you need a blog or something.
flerchin likes this.