Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is the Bible anti-gay?
Yes 57 89.06%
No 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree39Likes

Old 06-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

"i only fuck cranberries"

i said "cransexual" out loud and then put myself in time out.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

HOLY SHIT! I too had an untreated UTI that spread to my right kidney. I could barely walk and ended up admitted to the hospital for 3+ days. And yes, I was fucking up a storm beforehand and finally went to the ER after not being able to walk a or drive.

I knew I liked Katharine when she beat the MNIK system, but this just blew my mind! Officially off the Myq train (until his next show comes out)
spkheller likes this.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
"i only fuck cranberries"

i said "cransexual" out loud and then put myself in time out.
Oh my god cransexual!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
just consider vaginas diabetic.
No matter how hard I try to be mature my brain still thought "Will do Sparrow, just consider our goo as insulin"

Way to wreck a important public message of warning brain!!!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

- Why is it Katharine Heller always sounds like she is just a regular part of the show rather than a guest? I don't even mean how comfortable she is and all that (obviously she is but so are some other people), I mean like the way she sounds. Is she mic'ed differently? Is her voice made of magic? I don't get it.

- My friend wrote a movie that came out recently about an alien abduction (don't watch it, it's terrible, he says so too, plus I didn't tell you the name) and so I've been to a few screenings and this is absolutely a religion now. People are insane about it. They ask questions as if the movie is a real documentary. They ask him about the aliens like they are people he knows. They think the movie is great, which is the real litmus.

- And lastly I had an RTI once. That's Reproductive Tract Infection. They gave my balls a sonogram. Can't drink/fuck enough cranberries your way out of that.
spkheller likes this.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great episode!

In regards to going-to-church-for-community, I once went to a service of a Universal Unitarian "church". I grew up Baptist, but switched to agnostic/atheist (or agnostic atheist) in my teens. I checked this place out in my mid-20s, because I was curious about it. It had all the "feel" of church, without the religious part. It was sort of surreal. Universal Unitarians are basically a group that says "Do what you do, don't hurt others". They have no central figure, and each person in that 'church' (I seriously don't know what they call that building) could believe a different thing, but they get together for the community. So, the place had pews and a front area for the "pastor" (or whatever they're called), but no crosses; no religious symbols at all. As I went in, people greeted me. I sat down and a couple people next to me were discussing some good wine one of them had gotten. The service started and there were moments to reflect (equivalent of prayer if that was your thing). I can't remember if there were songs. I'm pretty sure they had the "Shake hands/greet your neighbour" thing that some churches do. There was a 'sermon' which was about being kind to others/living a 'positive' life, essentially. It started with discussing a Walt Whitman poem, and then the 'pastor' transitioned into talking about Jesus, but not in a religious sense. She discussed some of the actual stores of Jesus in the bible, where he showed kindness to people, then expanded on that. He wasn't some mythical creature in this context, just a guy who was nice to others. It was interesting.

Anyway, if you want community without all the religious stuff, check out that. I didn't go again because it turns out I still hate getting up early on Sundays, but it definitely had a welcoming/friendly "feel" to it.

As for the jump-the-turnstyle tickets.. $200 (ignoring the Hugsy ticket). $2.50 a ticket, so Keith, if you and Cat have jumped the turnstyle 80 times (200/2.50) in the past, you've already saved that money. Just don't let them catch you for another 80+ times. Hell, after 80, you're making money!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

He talked about Jesus but not in a religious sense.

Hmm...
Old 06-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

This is what happens when you read the bible:
Casey Kasem loaded in ambulance, taken to hospital after argument between wife Jean Kasem, daughter Kerri Kasem (VIDEO) - NY Daily News

Quote:
“In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs,” Jean Kasem told NBC News, citing Biblical scripture.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
- Why is it Katharine Heller always sounds like she is just a regular part of the show rather than a guest? I don't even mean how comfortable she is and all that (obviously she is but so are some other people), I mean like the way she sounds. Is she mic'ed differently? Is her voice made of magic? I don't get it.

- My friend wrote a movie that came out recently about an alien abduction (don't watch it, it's terrible, he says so too, plus I didn't tell you the name) and so I've been to a few screenings and this is absolutely a religion now. People are insane about it. They ask questions as if the movie is a real documentary. They ask him about the aliens like they are people he knows. They think the movie is great, which is the real litmus.

- And lastly I had an RTI once. That's Reproductive Tract Infection. They gave my balls a sonogram. Can't drink/fuck enough cranberries your way out of that.
My voice... it is made of magic
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianprincess View Post
I only had two yeast infections, one STI and a couple of BV's.
You ONLY had? The only thing you didn't have was a CIA and an NBC.