Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

199: Kicking and Screaming

"Oh, we got another cripple! I'll take it..."
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

great epiode
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do we get the rest of it in episode 200?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I had the dubious pleasure of working customer service at best buy off and on for about 5 years (high school through college). The pissed off yelling customer wasn't getting an inch of help from me. I'd simply smile, apologize, and repeat the policy, "31 days? I'm sorry, but our return policy is 30 days." Now, if someone came in and was pleasant and friendly, I'd go out of my way to get their situation fixed.

Now granted...that is me, and from working there, I know I was an exception to the general rule. Managers will cave in most cases if you make a big deal about it. The random customer service rep will either a)deer in headlights b)get an atttitude back.

After that experience, I'm always very pleasant to the reps. If they can't help me I nicely ask to see the supervisor...If he doesn't get something figured out...that's when I start getting serious.

As far as the call up customer service...I like messing with them a bit. When they answer the phone and ask for your name, I aways say "how are you doing today?" ... its not in their script so it screws with them.

The best part that came out of my experience was I know exactly how to get what I want from best buy cause I know what their policies are and what they can and cannot do.

edit...Ok and apparently I need to DVR the new Fit Club...that shit sounded funny as hell!

Twitter/pfpulse

Last edited by ScubaSteve24; 01-09-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Dear Chemda,

Just thought you would like to know, AOL is currently facing a huge lawsuit because they have been ILEGALLY billing customers such as yourself.

Listen to this quote from an article "AOL has instructed customer-service ... to prevent AOL subscribers from canceling their accounts "at all costs" and to resist giving refunds. ... unsatisfied customers who insist on canceling or terminating their AOL memberships are obstructed and delayed from doing so."

Here is what you need to do:

1. Call back AOL and demand that your account is cancelled IMMEDIATELY. Don't let them give you bullshit about anything. It is not a legitimate account so they cant hold you to contract terms and MUST cancel the account if you ask.

2. They owe you $134.55 ($14.95 x 9 months). Demand ALL of it credited back to your card immediately. If they gave you $60, they still owe you $74.55.

Here is a tip that works really well for me: if they start giving you shit about stuff, interrupt them and ask them for their first and last name (ask them spelling) and their employee number and then ask to talk to the manager. There is nothing like having to say their name on the "recording for quality assurance" that makes those people nervous.

Finally, you are right, the only way to get anything with these people is to get mad. I don't consider them innocent as you do though. Anybody who has a boss that tells them to purposely "obstruct you at all costs" and follows those orders is just as much of an asshole as the boss.

Let us know how it goes!

Sincerely,
Balls

PS- URL of article is http://www.bizreport.com/news/9546/
Old 01-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

The only pic I could find on the net...

Here's the only thing I could find with Chemda in a cat suit (was that what we were supposed to go looking for?).

m'balls,

aGoddamnFuckinFan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lmbsmn.jpg (54.7 KB, 90 views)
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Doesn't Spooky sound a bit like Cleveland from "Family Guy"? What a great character. (on both accounts).

Also, regarding "Dancing With the Stars": It's based on a successful-yet-cheesey-yet-awesome BBC series called "Strictly Come Dancing". The British judge (Len) and the Italian Judge (Bruno) are also from the BBC series. In SCD, Len is the nicest one and the only man who qualifies as a 'bloke' (ie, straight). He's old school, which is nice.

Here are the British judges. http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedan...t/judges.shtml In this case, Craig is the most critical, the 'Simon Cowell' of the lot.

They also had another series in Britain called "Strictly Dance Fever" in which amateur couples test their mettle with 'younger' dance steps like the Lindy Hope and the Hustle. Look for that one coming here too.

When was the last time Hollywood had an original idea? They'd be sunk without the BBC.

Last edited by scottperezfox; 01-10-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ok, is it Celebrity Fit Club? I went to VH1 and the most recent one they have listed is 2, aka Janey Lane and Bam's dad.

Re: 30, not 31, day return policy
I deal with people and it took me about seven years to learn the phrase, "I have no authority in that matter." Then, if they want someone who has it, I pass them on. Tada.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
Ok, is it Celebrity Fit Club? I went to VH1 and the most recent one they have listed is 2, aka Janey Lane and Bam's dad.
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/celebri...3/series.jhtml
Old 01-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
Ok, is it Celebrity Fit Club? \
Nick Pouloustagustaguloulos Postagustagus Nick Postagustagustagulous Nick Pous Pos Pouloustagulouloulostagustagus Nick Nick Papadopoulos Papadopoulos Dr. Papadopoulos!

BTW, when are you gonna bring back the todder pants? That's my favorite avatar.

Last edited by william; 01-10-2006 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Edited the text to read better