Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Jonah Hill
Yes 32 43.84%
No 41 56.16%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree83Likes

Old 06-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAP View Post
Then one day the head Bitch in charge found out that I am half Jewish and basically called me "an abomination in the eyes of God."
Sounds like she was just an anti-Semitic bitch. How would being half-Jewish make anyone an 'abomination', that's asinine. You would think she would welcome you with open arms to proselytize you.

I had to go to a Jewish after-school program growing up, I remember the Rabbi used episodes of classic Twilight Zone to teach us lessons about life and Judaism, really just goes to show you can use anything as a source of morality lessons.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
I don't like the idea of these religions or clubs, including Atheists United. I think it was mentioned on the show before and Chemda has been converted, but I haven't been yet. I don't like harping on one side or any type of extreme (yes, Keith, I'm using that word).

I love the differences in culture. If there was a way to separate it from religion, I would take it. But some parts of culture are derived from religion. Hopefully we go more the way of atheism and get rid of the nonsense religious beliefs but maintain the different cultures.
You may want to identify as a Humanist then. Humanists tend to be atheists but that's not the focus of the community, it's just one of many qualities within it.

Quote:
Humanism: a system of values and beliefs that is based on the idea that people are basically good and that problems can be solved using reason instead of religion.

a doctrine, attitude, or way of life centered on human interests or values; especially : a philosophy that usually rejects supernaturalism and stresses an individual's dignity and worth and capacity for self-realization through reason
- Humanism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

There are many humanists groups across America and the world. Meetup is a great resource to find atheist and humanist groups in your area.
thirteen likes this.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
Yeah, maybe it's not. I guess I don't care if someone uses a (positive) story of Jesus as a way to teach a lesson, or as the base for a sermon. As long as they're pushing the "do unto others" parts of it, that's fine
a) you have been on the forums since 2007 and you still try to argue your point - that's adorable

b) you keep harping on the 'do unto others' part like Jesus is the only source you could find for it. Use Kant and be done with it, he actually wrote stuff instead of being a fairly tale that was written about hundreds of years after the fact
MichaelApproved and Sparrow like this.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post
Sounds like she was just an anti-Semitic bitch. How would being half-Jewish make anyone an 'abomination', that's asinine. You would think she would welcome you with open arms to proselytize you.
Yea I glossed over some other details. I was dating a jewish boy at the time and she came to my door with a Bible and pointed to some passage that says believers shouldn't be with non-believers and anything that results in that is an abomination yadda yadda. Not realizing that my parents have different religious backgrounds. Not realizing that I wasn't raised religious and thought it was all silly and only pretended to be into it because hey why not they seemed cool at first until they started showing up at my door BIBLE IN HAND to tell me not to date jews.
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why does a seagull fly over the sea? Because if it flew over the bay it would be called a bagel.

Remember to vote for me 2014 Stand-Up-Athon Voting
Attached Images
File Type: png Vote for Michael Khalili.png (47.1 KB, 47 views)
Scat, invader and Scumhook like this.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I heard the next day at the non-religious church they talked about the teachings of Joseph Smith, but not in the context of religion - only in the context of him being a regular dude that loved banging a lot of chicks.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
a) you have been on the forums since 2007 and you still try to argue your point - that's adorable
To be fair, I was pretty quiet on here, with only 50ish posts under my belt. I still have to learn Plus it seemed like an interesting discussion (and Keith, I know you were probably getting frustrated with me, but I promise you I wasn't trolling or anything like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
b) you keep harping on the 'do unto others' part like Jesus is the only source you could find for it. Use Kant and be done with it, he actually wrote stuff instead of being a fairly tale that was written about hundreds of years after the fact
If only the lady had spoken about Kant instead of Jesus, we could have avoided all this!
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

But she didn't. That's the point.

And I know you're not fucking with me. You're religious; you're just in denial. You're willing to let a lot of it go, but not the idea of Jesus. You keep saying you love the "do unto others stuff" and "do unto others lessons."

What are these stuff and lessons? You mean the time he said, "Do unto others?"

That doesn't sound so great to me. I think I've said more profound and helpful things without the hateful baggage. I honestly believe I am better than Jesus Christ. There's no way you'll ever be able to accept that though. But if he was just a man that said some nice things, then why isn't it at least debatable?
MichaelApproved and Lanfear like this.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Leave it to science with a poll. Keith vs. Jesus.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
To add more to the highway cleanup discussion, here are some pictures of us cleaning the highway.
The guy with the white beard looks like Santa.
Scumhook likes this.