Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is being a 25-year-old virgin a bad thing?
Yes 19 55.88%
No 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes

Old 06-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I just noticed that Danny and Andrea talk with the same sorta cadence.

Dave Chappelle explained all the stuff he did multiple times. Links were even posted on past show threads of the KATG forums. The problem is, his reasons aren't really good enough for anyone because WE wouldn't walk away from 50 million for the same reason Dave did.

There is no shame in being any age and being a virgin... if that,s what you want. But like they said on the show if you are holding out for some idealistic/unrealistic view of what sex should be. Or you are a virgin simply through inaction or fear. Then yeah you should be ashamed. Just like someone who is overweight and hates the way they look should be ashamed. But it shouldn't end there shame should be your motivator to go get shit done.
This 25 year old virgin... I'm not sure how to ask this without sounding like a pig. But is she... disgusting? Either disgusting looking or personality wise. Cause if she just a average looking woman with a ho-hum personality. She could take care of this virginity thing in two seconds flat, literally.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

She said she's not a troll.

More importantly, if you can post one if those many links that explain Dave's rationale from his own voice, we'd all appreciate it.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I don't know how to effectively use the search to find it. It was a few years back, you guys did a story of him just walking off stage. You said he was crazy. Then someone posted a link to a radio interview where he talked about it. It turns out he was being heckled by the show organizers. So he was like, "fuck this." and just walked off.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Jesus, you need a blog or something.
I agree.

As long as "something" is a lobotomy followed by a being raped by a rabid donkey.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You know exactly what I'm talking about, invader. We would like the link where Chapelle explains why he turned down $50 million mid-shooting and hid in Africa.

C'mon now...
Old 06-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Keith made great points about Chappelle.

Even if Chappelle didn't have one specific reason to quit the spotlight; isn't he smart enough to come up with one for an interview? Especially considering he's going on Letterman. David Letterman, (the unsung hero of stand-up comedians) who recently announced his upcoming retirement?

Fuck Chappelle for not respecting Letterman or his fans by being coy and elusive. Letterman would have loved to have that big Oprah-reveal-moment. Chappelle gave him nothing.

No one cares. At this point, just have an answer. His weirdness hasn't made him more funny; just incomprehensible. Keith was spot on bringing up Eddie Murphy. Chappelle is heading the same isolated, strange, and aloof trajectory.

He just hasn't done shitty kids flics yet!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We would like the link where Chapelle explains why he turned down $50 million mid-shooting and hid in Africa.
Here's a link you won't find. Dave Chappelle explaining how there was a white co-creator/ co-writer to Chappelle Show. His name is Neal Brennan. Same guy who co-wrote Half Baked.

Neal was frantically trying to find Dave when he disappeared to Africa. The two had a short-lived falling out during Dave's hiatus. Imagine trying to find your business partner when 50 million is on the table.

"I'm seven years late to my job." I don't think Chappelle was joking. I think he was over-whelmed by success, work related stress, and fandom.

I just don't get why he wouldn't say it now. It's been like 10 years. Who knows? Maybe he's tight lipped due to lawyer instruction. It's just speculation, but did he have a contract with Comedy Central?

The whole things wayyyyy weirder than it needs to be.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I love Chappelle's show, movies (even the horrible ones) and his stand up. I've seen him in person more than any other comedian. But I've still never gotten a clear reason why he quit. Even those examples about people laughing inappropriately on the set of his TV show? Those are rumors. If he wanted to answer the question straight up he could. He just doesn't want to for some reason.

Or maybe he can't express it because he's "crazy". Either way I'm not holding my breath for an answer any more.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
After the unicorn question, how do I change my vote? I just can't in good faith give a vote to someone who asks what the name of a group of unicorns is. I just cannot.
My favorite part was after that when she said, "That's really the answer. You can look it up."

Emily's the best.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
After the unicorn question, how do I change my vote? I just can't in good faith give a vote to someone who asks what the name of a group of unicorns is. I just cannot.
Get off your high hornless horse and read a book, you fantasy-shamer.
dannyhatch likes this.