Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you call your dad for Father's Day?
Yes 27 49.09%
No, but I could have 13 23.64%
No; I don't know him 2 3.64%
No; he's dead 13 23.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree27Likes

Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We're back on track, folks.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why are genetically modified organisms that food companies are paying millions to trick you and sneak into your food a bad thing?
The Girl and shoebootie like this.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussichik View Post
I am glad that Myq was honest, but I think Katherine is just the best. Huge fan of your show: Keith and Chemda, you make me laugh all the time!
I'll do it!
Fuuuuuck you, welcome to the forums!

(side eye, dead...)
Old 06-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Why are GMO's bad? I know some of the companies involved are terrible, but why is the GMO itself bad?
The main thing is the technology is still relatively new. We don't know the long-term consequences of eating GMO produce, so people should be able to find out if the food they're eating contains GMO ingredients.

There are also other issues about ongoing biodiversity - if every plant in every crop is identical because it was genetically modified to be that way, then the whole crop is at risk if some weird insect, virus or disease attacks, there's not the genetic diversity that protects some of the crop - as well as the large amount of human intervention through pesticides, insecticides and so on.

GMO crops also can't reproduce by themselves, so seeds only last for one season, making ongoing farming less sustainable. They make a big song and dance about giving seeds to farmers in poor countries/regions but that's not making a farmer or that community sustainable in the longrun, it's more like a drug dealer offering the first hit for free.
J. Canines likes this.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I'm not saying it's definitely unsafe. But I don't think there is enough evidence to say all GMO foods are safe. GMO is a broad term and applies to a range of techniques and crops. Also, the first commercial application was only about twenty years ago. I don't think it's long enough to state definitively. There are also a bunch of studies linking various kinds of GMO crops to different conditions, gluten intolerance, Alzheimer's, Parkinsons etc.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with those studies. We could go back and forth with research that backs for and against for health effects of GMO crops. I'm just saying we don't know, and as a result, people should be able to make an informed choice about eating them.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I also don't understand why GMO's are bad either. It's one of the most feasible ways to solve the world hunger crisis and even if there was a virus that threatened to wipe out crops, we could modify the food further. As we needed to. Also there is no way in knowing if biodiversity would solve a problem like that. We have been genetically modifying our crops and livestock since before Mesopotamia. The science has just gotten better. It seems like its just something else for people to get riled up about. Which in itself is frustrating to watch because people never actually do anything after they are riled up.

Also Kathrine seemed pretty okay with being open sexually, or at least that was the impression I got from listening to the last show she was on. I wonder why it was so different in Myq's case?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

of cooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrse.. not. enjoyed that. fuck soccer.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Our fathers day isn't until September and I wont be calling. Thankfully my dad could care less about things like that. My mums birthday is within a week of mothers day so it's easy to skip. A few years after I moved out I told them I wouldn't be paying attention to those days anymore. That's for when you're a dependant/ living with them.

For someone who loves precise word usage, man Myq can take a long time to make his point.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

Priest Didn't Know Kid Fucking Was Wrong

This story is precisely why all faith based religion is dangerous.

All rape is viewed through the eyes of a virgin adult; so that in and of itself is ignorant and skewed. Then they take this horrible crime of rape and do nothing. Not nothing though because they pray and 'give it over to God.'

Then they're done. That's it. Case closed. Who are they to question God? Maybe God wants people viciously raped and altered for life.

He really does work in mysterious ways.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
There are many descriptors for Myq Kaplan.

However. Wordsmith. Vegan. and Polyamorous Nerd Pimp are the most immediate, in this fan's mind.

It's just a shame he's on HUAR's list. Cyborg's are HALF human after all.
indeed! so far so good over here though.

thanks!
--PNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussichik View Post
I am glad that Myq was honest, but I think Katharine is just the best.
I don't think these things are mutually exclusive. Thanks for your gladness and thoughts! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
For someone who loves precise word usage, man Myq can take a long time to make his point.
1) Sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination.
2) Sometimes Keith interrupts with his own journstination. And we have a fun conversation.
3) I wouldn't use the word "precise" to describe how I love my word usage, precisely. But you are welcome to. (A fun precision joke. Or if the word "fun" is not as precise as you would like, I understand that.)
4) Sincerely, is there a point that I took a while to make that you would like to hear made more quickly? Happy to provide.

Thanks for listening, all!