Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you use LOL?

Yes 35 64.81%
No 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 06-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2001: Baby High

Greek yogurt is as healthy as a fudge bar; World Cup update; Seth Rogen and James Franco vs. Kim Jong-Un; Tracy Morgan/Ardie Fuqua update; The Central Park Five receive $40 million; bad teachers; KATG visit Philadelphia

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

People can go fuck themselves with the hospital horror stories. When I knew I would have my son via c-section, all I could think was of the story of a former co-worker who once told us that her daughter's epidural didn't "take" and she felt the whole surgery. She kept screaming that she was feeling that she was being cut and they wouldn't do anything. The only reason why I'm retelling the story is because later my own OB-GYN told me that is almost impossible and that some people's brains feel phantom pain when they are exceptionaly nervous (hope the good doctor who wrote in can back this up). I will not discard malpratice but my co-worker's daughter was also exceptionaly cunty and spoiled so I don't doubt she'd freak and then blame the doctors.
J. Canines likes this.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

poll question

People who refuse to embrace the LOL should be beaten with one of those old rotary phones.

This notion that somehow by NOT using it makes one unique and special is ridiculous. You fool no one. Also, it is 2014. Using lol , (whether it be in KATG Chat or via phone text) is todays form of please and thank you. It's both complimentary and polite.

We're all comedy fans here. Let 's lol.
Keith and Scumhook like this.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had a mate who did a podcast called "Podcastpital Stories" lol, anyway he did lots of bits and even a few callbacks on it so I knew he was a pro.

He did 2001 episodes, and then was killed in a hit and run by a drunk anesthesiologist.

Just sayin.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I dig greek yogurt so I'm going to drop some knowledge. Yogurt is fermented milk (lactose turns to lactic acid), milk is 5% sugar, and lactose (sugar naturally found in milk) is still present after the fermentation. The difference between 'Greek' yogurt and plain yogurt is that Greek yogurt is strained more, thus has a much higher protein content than plain yogurt. Comparing natural foods to a fudge bar with 16 grams of sugar seems like a flimsy argument to me, by that logic a single serving oranges (17g sugar), bananas (18g sugar), and grapes (23g sugar) should also be taken off the shelf, hell even a glass of milk has 14 grams of sugar. Manufacturers do add sugar, flavors, and honey after the fact, but that is what virtually ALL prepackaged foods do anyway, so as Chemda said, just read the label and know what the fuck you're eating or make it from scratch.
jesikat likes this.

Last edited by EthanK; 06-24-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
People can go fuck themselves with the hospital horror stories. When I knew I would have my son via c-section, all I could think was of the story of a former co-worker who once told us that her daughter's epidural didn't "take" and she felt the whole surgery. She kept screaming that she was feeling that she was being cut and they wouldn't do anything. The only reason why I'm retelling the story is because later my own OB-GYN told me that is almost impossible and that some people's brains feel phantom pain when they are exceptionaly nervous (hope the good doctor who wrote in can back this up). I will not discard malpratice but my co-worker's daughter was also exceptionaly cunty and spoiled so I don't doubt she'd freak and then blame the doctors.

When I had my kid I asked the same question and was given the same answer you were given.
Thumbnail likes this.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

I use LOL when I make a statement and I want the reader to know I was kidding.

What if the guy would have pulled out a fake, but real looking, gun. Restraining him was necessary. If he was doing wrestling bit where was his chair or ladder?

If Keith won the lottery would he only report rich people news?

Last edited by WSEIII; 06-24-2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: embelishment needed
Old 06-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I use LOL when I make a statement and I want the reader to know I was kidding.
I wish I thought to address that.

That's stupid.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I wish I thought to address that.

That's stupid.
Don't make me get my ladder out
Old 06-25-2014, 01:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

To me it's always seemed like pro comedians on podcasts look down on callbacks in a similar way to how they look down on puns, like both are kind of cheap, low hanging fruit types of jokery. Callbacks and puns are pretty much the closest comedy comes to being math rather than art so I don't expect to hear your Judy Golds or your Jesse Joyces ever celebrating them sincerely.

Also, fuck yeah you handled that drunk twat Chemda, you don't need no stinkin' karate. What you described wasn't a half nelson though, and in fact while what you did describe is a common technique, especially in law enforcement, I don't know if there is a name for it, so I move that henceforth it's called a "Chemda". Fuck it, even if it already does have a name, I say we call it the "Chemda" anyway.
littlp likes this.