Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Find My Friends
Yes 7 12.96%
No 47 87.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree24Likes

Old 06-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2003: Find My Friends

With Billy Wayne Davis – Thinking your significant other has been hurt or killed; Find My Friends; The New York Post vs. The Daily News; the doctor who was drugged and fleeced at a strip club; World Cup update including the soccer player that bites other players; North Korea ready to go to war over a Seth Rogan movie

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda totally over reacted, but honestly that is her nature. In past shows She talked about immediately thinking the worst thoughts whenever she lost contact with people close to her for even a few hours. If Lauren is cool with it... what does it matter.

I hate the idea of Find My Friends. I don't even like showing that I'm online when I play video games. The point about; "you are being watched anyway" is moot. I can't change the fact that the government has the ability to track my every movement. Anything I can opt out of I will. Lets say you check up on someone's phone and something was off... what happens next? You call the police and tell them that your significant other is in a different borough than you thought and you can't get in touch with them? Or you jump into a cab with a bat and go sort shit out? Not to mention in Lauren's case, his phone was dead so wouldn't Find My Friends show the last known location when the phone was last on? Chemda knew that already anyway. I'd be interested in knowing how many lives, or missing persons Find My Friends has found/saved verses how many cheating partners were caught. It just seems like it's profiting off people's fears. Which I'm cool with, but still.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I can't change the fact that the government has the ability to track my every movement. Anything I can opt out of I will.
Lol.

I don't know if living in fear is healthy. I live in Montana. I literally know people who have opted out of social media and 'off the grid.' A person can drive themself nuts with this mentality.

Last edited by J. Canines; 06-26-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Mark Grace
Old 06-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

North Korea is an interesting train wreck. it's totally understandable they'd take this movie as an act of war. their media is the state mouthpiece. it's 100% propaganda; has been for generations. we have the right to say pretty much whatever we want, but if you see media as direct messages from the state what other conclusion would you draw? this poor marshmallow pig running the shit, bless his heart, is misguided at best. he's also weak. we're not spending 13 X as much militarily as anybody else on the planet for god fucking nothing. CIA, FBI, NSA, DHS--aren't we being freed from our constitutional protections JUST FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF STOPPING SHIT FROM GOING DOWN. see this terrible movie and rest easy you've already paid to keep everything peachy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

To me it seems that if you need to know where I am you can text me or call me. If you can't get a hold of me my phone is probably dead in which case you can't track me with find your friends anyways, so what good is it?
invader likes this.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

"If you need to track my ass, you don't need to be with my ass."
-Toni 101

Also - just stop it with this Find my iPhone trick/Find my Friends aka know my every damned move. Its just fucking creepy
Scumhook and J. Canines like this.

Last edited by ImStillToni; 06-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Danny has stated my exact opinion. Ever since chemda first brought this up with her, Michael, and marisela using find my friends it has bugged me out. I would not want to feel like I can never be off the grid for a sec. Without that in itself being questioned. Even with my kids I am torn I know I want to and will track them as they become teens or as soon as they have phones. But at the same time I hate they will never know the sense a freedom that the rest of us have always been accustomed to.

Scott
Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't even own a cell phone.

Billy Wayne reminded me of Tom Bodett. I like the way he said that Los Angelas wasn't better than New York, just different. We can apply that to all kinds of stuff.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Like straight and gay people?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeningOA View Post
Even with my kids I am torn I know I want to and will track them as they become teens or as soon as they have phones.
Don't worry. Their iPhones will either be dead or worse - streaming Daft Punk videos on youtube, ignoring your call and/ or text, as they slowly drain you of both allotted data time and sanity.
Scumhook and GreeningOA like this.