Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you sing along at concerts?
Yes 46 85.19%
No 8 14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 06-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2004: Tesla

Tesla the band; playing games with the MTA; Half of Americans distrust atheists

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

I almost always have ear plugs when I go to concerts. Outdoor concerts the sound can fade out a bit but when it indoors the sound is bouncing off the walls. I was able to play roadie at the last concert I was at and help break down the stage, spotlight stand and sound booth.

In this country it's a shame not to share your religion because the consequences aren't near as high as they are in other countries.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Tell us a roadie story or two.

And, silly, you would be another religion if you were in one of these other countries. It wouldn't be a matter of if you could share your religion. You would HAVE to be part of the, and share the, religion. It's actually more the opposite of what you're saying. You might like it more. You wouldn't have to be burdened with thought or gut feelings.

I'm saying I don't know your religious background, but I guarantee you happened to be raised Christian.

Also: Fuck Marconi.
WittyReference and J. Canines like this.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

The concert time talk was odd. For all the shows you've seen I can't believe you hadn't noticed before. Here I'd say the average times for a band with two supports would be 8pm doors and 11pm for the headliner. A bigger band with only one support would be 7pm doors, 9pm main band. They want you in early to spend money on booze.

All venues are too loud because people think louder = better. Also because the equipment can go that loud and monkeys push buttons if they're there. At 20 my ears would ring all the time after shows or clubs but by 30 it sounded normal because of the permanent damage it had caused (every time your ears ring you've done permanent damage) and when I saw Metallica and Kyuss in 93 my ears rang for 3 days. Then Metallica came out afterwards and said they've all got tinnitus and everyone should wear earplugs. Or you could just fucking turn it down, idiots. When I saw QOTSA at a medium venue it was so loud it sounded like the speakers wanted to break. We moved away from the front because it didn't feel safe.

I did live sound for local bands and always mixed to an appropriate volume for the room. Every band that followed us would crank everything to max.

I love a tour tshirt, most of my shirts are from bands but I will only buy it if I like the design. No skulls please. Most embarrassing one was Pantera's Vulgar Display shirt that had "Stronger Then All" taking up the entire back of it. The good ones were the Smashing Pumpkins ones that had lots of words or lyrics on them. For some reason women would always want to read it. Good conversation starter.

In Richard Dawkins The God Delusion he quoted research showing that less people would vote for an atheist president then a gay president. At the time it was something like 5% and 10%. I saw a recent poll claiming it had gone up to 50% but was still lower then every other category.

Sorry long post.
Bucho, Lanfear and J. Canines like this.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Good comments Witty. Agree with timing, t shirt and volume comments. Good ear plugs at all concerts. If it hurts, move or stick 'em in.

Linecutter??!! For a Livenation venue? News to me. Very unusual. VIP. Backstage. Soundcheck. Yes. "Linecutter - fuck no, WHAT is this freakin Disneyland asshole?"
Who sold you that? Irving box office or a ticket seller?

Keith - roadies will stand wherever the fuck they want, do whatever the hell they want, whenever the hell they feel like it. You got a problem with that? <folds arms>

Seriously, what the hell else are we going to do?
During the show most crews work is done and are on break until tear down.
Only maybe a dozen crew stay to work the actual show. And unless you are doing lights or sound there isn't THAT much for crew to do while the bands are actually performing BUT stand around waiting for a string to break - and we need to be really quick. Hence the posture. And most stages don't give us good hiding spots sometimes.

The comraderie you felt at the show is the International Brotherhood of Headbangers. I have been in it since 1979. Jump start your Camaro, pass you a beer, whatever you need the metal gods will provide.

Glad you had fun.

Bucho, Lanfear and WittyReference like this.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

A bum sold me the line cutter, why?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

You guys are so great. I was figuratively dragged out of the house last night by friends where of course many alcohols were consumed. I knew what I was in for the moment I felt myself giving in to the peer pressure since I had to get up for work and I'd be sleep deprived and hung over. I wake up this morning wanting to kill all these assholes who get to sleep in for as long as they want. So of course I turn on KATG for the car ride and it was pocket aces. I thoroughly enjoy these episodes with no guests once in a while. You completely turned my mood around by about 15 minutes in and im having a wonderful day now. So thank you so much for your daily episodes you guys are the absolute best.

I'll give you a P&L statement!
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I was able to play roadie at the last concert I was at and help break down the stage, spotlight stand and sound booth.
Bill, I have a question. Be honest. Why is it, if God is so powerful, does his music suck so much?

Seriously. The only thing worse than Christian Rock is Christian hiphop. It's the fucking worst. It makes me wonder if used car salesmen are moving into the God Music Business due to it's guaranteed idiot market.

You fools will buy anything at the religious bookstore - regardless of quality. Probably cuz you're all conditioned to accept any horseshit product conforming to a perceived God-stamp of approval.

Also, let's hear those roadie stories
Fiona_In_Ireland likes this.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

One time, there was a speaker, and it was like so heavy. It fell down the steps but we'd be in trouble so we never said, and we just put it in the van.

As penance I decided I'd never fuck a woman ever. And I'd live at home forever. And I'd judge everyone based on the religion I don't really believe in deep down.

#godisgood
Fiona_In_Ireland likes this.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

No one ever got laid at Jesus Fest

#godisgood

#satanboners
moondust367 likes this.