Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have allergies?
Yes 45 58.44%
No 32 41.56%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 07-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

As well, while there may not be true "gluten sensitivity" it doesn't mean the body is prepared to process gluten or certain carbs that many have little problem with.

For my entire life, I've gotten sick by food. Fatigue, confusion, body aches and so on. I finally started down a potential path in 2012 when I thought it was corn, as I consistently felt terrible when I ate corn directly or food that contained corn and corn derivatives.

Even cutting out corn, though I was feeling better I still was at maybe 30%, almost always felt sick after eating. Tried cutting out wheat thinking there could be a sensitivity. No huge improvement. Tried the FODMAP diet and felt better, but still not even close to where I knew I should be.

I kept trying to investigate it more and more, and quickly started to notice that most starchy foods were making me feel like shit, this is after I did some research on the paleo diet and found stuff like sweet potatoes and normal potatoes were giving me the same issues. It wasn't until I came across a diet known as the "specific carbohydrate diet" that, for the first time in almost 4 decades, I wasn't miserable after eating. I'd say I'm at 90% now, being vegetarian has made it a bit more difficult as I'm having to find alternate protein sources and my slew of other allergies is also limiting what I can eat, but I will take this any day over the alternative of being miserable.

TL;DR:
just because scientists prove that something doesn't exist, gluten sensitivity in this case, doesn't mean there's not another possible reason that things aren't tolerated. My doctor told me in the 90s when I asked about why I was feeling sick after eating that food wouldn't be causing it. And I otherwise have a pretty good doctor. Had I gone down this path 15 years ago, who knows what life could have been like. And yes, it's that bad when I've eaten something wrong.
J. Canines likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #42 (permalink)

It does tend to note there's some reasoning behind a genetic component. If everything but genes has been addressed and is different, that answers the question.

I mean, shit, diet and environmental changes are the reason why we have allergies in the first place. Like milk, we aren't designed to easily digest wheat products, simple as that. They're quick and convenient, but that's about it.

Also, it's interesting to note that every poster on this page has been registered for 7+ years

SEVEN. YEARS. FFS, 7 years.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:31 AM   #43 (permalink)

fuck your 7 year stat
BrianAlt likes this.