Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is our food unsafe because of chemicals?
Yes. If these chemicals were safe companies would list them on the package. 27 40.30%
No. Everything is a chemical as it is. 40 59.70%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree110Likes

Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
You can't just drop 3 videos (45 minutes) and expect people to just watch it without making your own point.
Just like the girls can't expect not to be groped?

Someone needs to codify who can expect what from whom. Otherwise we will all descend into madness.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #102 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Just like the girls can't expect not to be groped?

Someone needs to codify who can expect what from whom. Otherwise we will all descend into madness.
I'm having trouble following what you mean. Type slower.
The Girl likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm having trouble following what you mean. Type slower.
O

K
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
Are the facts in this video accurate, or was it published by Palestinian's (and therefore biased)? It seems so one-sided in its commentary (condemning of Israel). I honestly don't know the historical facts.
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #105 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
You can't just drop 3 videos (45 minutes) and expect people to just watch it without making your own point.
I'm sharing information from people who have authority on the issue. What does my opinion have to do with anything?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #106 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
Are the facts in this video accurate, or was it published by Palestinian's (and therefore biased)? It seems so one-sided in its commentary (condemning of Israel). I honestly don't know the historical facts.
As you suspected, it's missing a lot of detail and is biased. Of course, having been born in Israel and a supporter of the country, I'm biased as well but I'll give you an account, as I see it.

Throughout the 1900s, thanks to WWI/WWII, the Middle East was chopped and sliced in many different ways by the western powers. At some point, the areas we know as Israel, Palestine and Jordan were one nation.

After WWII, the United Nations adopted Resolution 181 that divided Great Britain's former Palestinian mandate into Jewish and Arab states. Several Arab nations declared war on Israel soon after and throughout the following decades. In nearly all cases, it was the Arab nations that were the aggressors. They didn't want the State of Israel to exist, so they kept trying to wipe it off the map.

With the help of US military equipment, Israel "won" those wars by continuing to exist and by taking more land than it had at the start of the wars. Israel claims that it needs the land as a protection buffer from the aggressive Arab nations. The country is so small, it's easy for tanks to roll across the boarders and capture towns along the way, which is what happened in the past. Of course, the orthodox Jews love the new land so they have a larger Jewish nation.

Looking at the conflicts now, you'd say no *nation* is trying to attack Israel, so why does it need the extra land? Well, before Israel got the land, it was an easy target. Now, with Israel being a proven military power and the buffer zones, no Arab nation tries to directly attack Israel. So you can say the buffer land worked. However, since they can't win a direct war, Arab nations now fund terrorist organizations such as Hamas and Hezbollah to attack Israel.

The use of terrorist organizations turned it into a guerrilla war which is arguably more messy. You start to suspect ordinary people as soldiers trying to kill you. That means all people have to be searched and restricted because you don't know which are there to live peacefully and which are trying to kill you. Rightfully, all these restrictions would piss off a peaceful Arab person. This causes more negative sentiment towards Israel and creates more tension.

Edit: You can see similar issues in NYC with the NYPD stop and frisk policies.

Meanwhile, the boarders are not agreed upon and the religious Jews continue to build settlements on captured land, further aggravating the situation. Many is Israel do not like this but the politicians support it because they can't build a government without the elected minority that advocates it.

In other words, no single political party has a majority in Israel. To form a government, you need the cooperation of several parties. A small group of politicians were elected by the religious right hold the government hostage. You need that minority party to form a government but they won't agree to join you unless you support the expansion.

One of the demands of a peace treaty/2 nation solution is for Israel to stop building settlements. It's a land grab. They're hoping that, when the music stops and a peace treaty is formed, they'll have more land thanks to their expanded settlements.

Of course, there's much more going on here, but I hope this sheds more light on the situation.
The Girl and bithead like this.

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 07-23-2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Moved the placement of the NYPD edit to the correct paragraph.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #107 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
I'm sharing information from people who have authority on the issue. What does my opinion have to do with anything?
I guess I'm looking for more context and information. Which part of the conversation are you posting these videos in reference to? There were a lot of points flying around and, without quoting someone or adding your own information, it's hard to understand the point of the videos.

Was this in reference to something that was said on the show, in the forums, both? Add some information so we can put the videos in some context. Dropping 45 minutes of video without referencing anything is confusing.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:03 AM   #108 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Meanwhile, the boarders are not agreed upon and the religious Jews continue to build settlements on captured land, further aggravating the situation. Many is Israel do not like this but the politicians support it because they can't build a government without the elected minority that advocates it.

In other words, no single political party has a majority in Israel. To form a government, you need the cooperation of several parties. A small group of politicians were elected by the religious right hold the government hostage. You need that minority party to form a government but they won't agree to join you unless you support the expansion.

One of the demands of a peace treaty/2 nation solution is for Israel to stop building settlements. It's a land grab. They're hoping that, when the music stops and a peace treaty is formed, they'll have more land thanks to their expanded settlements.

Of course, there's much more going on here, but I hope this sheds more light on the situation.
Here's a great example of the aggressive lowlifes that are making this situation nearly impossible to negotiate with because they don't want it negotiated, they want it all.

The Israeli people need to stand up to these bastards like the Palestinian people need to stand up to Hamas. Neither of those extreme groups want the other country to exist. As long as the extreme groups have a say in the outcome, there will not be peace with the other.

Here's the video. Context is the Jewish lowlife, who is living in a settlement in the West Bank, is stuck in barbed wire as he tries to take down the Palestinian flag on someone else's house.