Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more regarding the Johnny Utah talk?
Keith 47 41.23%
Chemda 67 58.77%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree95Likes

Old 07-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2014: Trigger Warning

With Danny Hatch – Forgetful guests; Moscow’s subway train derailment; Comcast apologizes; Johnny Utah sexual harassment lawsuit; the Running of the Bulls; the female Thor

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 07-17-2014 at 12:04 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I understand Keith's point of view but have to agree with Chemda, although for different reasons.

Why Keith's point makes sense; Brownsville is a notoriously dangerous neighborhood in Brooklyn. It's almost assumed that if you are there after a certain time and you aren't brown you are going to get robbed... or worse. So much so, that if you were to tell a New Yorker you were robbed in Brownsville their reaction would be; "Oh... wait, why the fuck were you in Brownsville?" Yes it's a shame that this is a fact and in a perfect world you should be able to go there at anytime and not have to fear for your safety. But this isn't a perfect world. Keith's point is that this bar is to sexual harassment as Brownsville is to mugging/murders. It sucks but it's just a fact of life.

Why Chemda is right; just because a woman dresses a certain type of way doesn't mean that it's okay to sexual harass her. That is a "no-duh" point and I doubt anyone disagrees with that. But just like in the case of Brownsville we don't live in a perfect world. But that is why the onus falls on management to make the women there feel safe a protected. They are knowingly using sex to attracted horned up guys then plowing them with liquor. It's their fault for not providing enough security for the women while they work there to throw out the guys who get all touchy-feely. Also according to the story Keith read they broke some basic labor laws as well as sexually harassing their own employees.

Why the Comcast dude shouldn't be fired; He was doing his job, literally. They hired him to fight tooth and nail from losing accounts and that is exactly what he did. Comcast is just throwing him under the bus, which is pretty fucked up. But I can't say that it is a surprise that they would throw an employee under the bus in an attempt to save their own image.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Like Invader said - They shouldn't be surprised that they get harassed by the customers but that doesn't mean the club shouldn't be protecting them.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

I hope your guest doesn't get altzheimers and forgets to breathe.

What clothes was that black chick wearing when she got raped?

Everyone deserves their own private space and what they're wearing doesn't give you the right to violate it. On the other hand if a woman is wearing a top that shows her cleavage does she have the right to complain when men gawk at her? People should be aware of what message their clothes are putting out and dress accordingly.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

"fuckin ovaries" - Keith.

yeah, let's all be careful we don't offend others with our words.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Today's guest was fucking hilarious. Somewhat racist and very edgy, but I can see why Mystery Sci Thea was so successful.

Nice job Danno
J. Canines likes this.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

I didn't understand the sign Keith was talking about. Was there a sign in the bar saying you can touch the women? Everyone knows at a strip club the women are going to be grabbed but they are paid for that. But these women seem to just be waitress/bartenders. You can't just go grabbing ass at any restaurant where women are dressed provocatively. Should they be surprised that men try to? Of course not. But they have every right to put the dudes in their place. They aren't whores. They're dressed that way for your viewing pleasure and to collect more tips.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I had to vote with Keith because Chemda said Danny has a cute butt.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I hope your guest doesn't get altzheimers and forgets to breathe.

What clothes was that black chick wearing when she got raped?

Everyone deserves their own private space and what they're wearing doesn't give you the right to violate it. On the other hand if a woman is wearing a top that shows her cleavage does she have the right to complain when men gawk at her? People should be aware of what message their clothes are putting out and dress accordingly.
i do not have control over other people. i have to trust somebody raised them a little bit right. i dress according to the event to which i am traveling, not to armor myself against assholes.

clothing is never an invitation to get raped. how about /you/ just don't rape people or otherwise act a fool toward another human. especially one at work. c'mon, dude.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If I was looking for something to do with my life and I joined the military I would get shot at. Should I be able to go to another country without being shot. OFCOURSE. But if I go there as an employee of the military I'm going to expect to be harassed by people with guns even though it shouldn't be that way.
If a sexy woman goes to work at a bar where it's clearly for drunken horny men to go get horny, where part of the job is making out with half naked women on a mechanical bull, you also shouldn't get groped, BUT you probably shouldn't be surprised when you do.
Keith, lizsquiz and PastaFace like this.