Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we let Keith win a poll already?
Yes 26 33.33%
No 52 66.67%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree69Likes

Old 07-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2015: Concession Stand

With Ari Shaffir – Keith’s concession speech; conscious rape vs. unconscious rape; poisoning the President; Manuel Noriega sues Call of Duty; the death penalty; Shroomfest

Guest:
Ari Shaffir

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ari I'm going to break both of your arms on the same day in the same way. The difference will be you will be given local anesthesia in one of them. Which one is worse?

I'm not a lawyer but I believe the definition of rape is an unconsential sexual act. The punishment should be the same regardless if the victim was sleeping or not. Then they can add charges like, was the victim threatened with a weapon, victim a minor, any drugs involved, victim mentally handicapped etc.

I've had female classmates give my penis a quick rub, though my clothes, and I didn't consider it rape or harassment. If at the end of a massage the woman offered me a happy ending I'd probably let her. If it was a guy then no.

Last edited by WSEIII; 07-18-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: important detail
Old 07-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The reason it's more expensive to kill an inmate than to keep them alive is because of the legal costs. Not because of the costs of actually killing the person. From lawyers trying to pad the bill with extra time. To defendants trying to constantly appeal so that they don't... you know, die. It gets crazy expensive. Since usually the people getting put to death can't afford their own attorney fees, we (taxpayers) not only have to pay for the prosecution but also for the defendants lawyers also. Don't kill not because it's immoral, but because it's not fiscally sound. Although the government would just piss that money away anyway, so whatever.

To put a point on it when we are talking about more expensive, It's Billions with an "s" as compared to hundreds of millions.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I think it should be understood that if DNA and the like were proven 1,000% then I'd be getting rid of the 17 appeals as well. #bleach
Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Ari I'm going to break both of your arms on the same day in the same way. The difference will be you will be given local anesthesia in one of them. Which one is worse?
Nice. I'm trying to write a compliment but they keep sounding backhanded.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Somebody needs to rape Ari when he is awake and asleep so that he can tell us what is 'worse' and then we can minimise what he says by disagreeing with him and arguing with his answer.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

That professor was not making the argument that being raped while unconscious is slightly less bad or should be given "7 years instead of 7.5 years"

Give the professor credit for coming up with far more entertaining bullshit. He made a post asking BUT WHY should it even be illegal to rape someone when they are unconscious... he was just JAQing off.

Parts of what he wrote:

Quote:
Let’s suppose that you, or I, or someone we love... is raped while unconscious in a way that causes no direct physical harm — no injury, no pregnancy, no disease transmission. (Note: The Steubenville rape victim, according to all the accounts I’ve read, was not even aware that she’d been sexually assaulted until she learned about it from the Internet some days later.)
Nice Steubenville shout out prof!
(Btw the rapists in Stuebenville got sentenced to 1 year and 2 years)

Quote:
Despite the lack of physical damage, we are shocked, appalled and horrified... Ought the law discourage such acts of rape? Should they be illegal?
Quote:
As long as I’m safely unconsious and therefore shielded from the costs of an assault, why shouldn’t the rest of the world (or more specifically my attackers) be allowed to reap the benefits?
Quote:
It is, I think, a red herring to say that there’s something peculiarly sacred about the boundaries of our bodies. Every time someone on my street turns on a porch light, trillions of photons penetrate my body... [even if that caused me psychic distress] the law would continue to ignore them, and I think there’s a case for that ... So for the issues we’re discussing here, bodily penetration does not seem to be in some sort of special protected category…
Take a lap.
Keith and theycallmepyro like this.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Have to acknowledge the post above first. What the fuck?

Did Chemda say "that's why we should shut the show off after an hour"? No! Longer shows are great. Always special when it turns into a natural chat, especially with Ari, even if he was a little goofy today.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

ari had a good point.

if you're out of it, then the impact will naturally be less.

not an unreasonable point.

cHemmo handled the discusion like a pro; but I think the issues is still open.

i know girls who've been conciously raped and have moved on. in fact, i can't think of one girl i know who hasn't been been raped/violated at some point; so props to cHemmo for saying that.

bottomr line, I have a penis so i have no say in female raep.
Just like the 70 y/o white men who are making the rules on abortion should have no fucking say.

whatever
Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I feel bad that Chemda has to constantly represent all women.
flerchin, thirteen and spkheller like this.