Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we let Keith win a poll already?
Yes 26 33.33%
No 52 66.67%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree69Likes

Old 07-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codefendant View Post
Once in the past month, not once ever, I hear crazy all the time, and so do you. I'm not telling her to ignore them, I'm saying its an option because she is so upset and looking for a solution. There is never going to be a solution for outbursts from idiots. And obviously I'm not saying its o.k. or acceptable.
You're implying that the hassle you and I get is the same as what a woman gets. It's not even remotely comparable.

Once in the last month? That's how you're saying we have it tough too?
J. Canines likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You're implying that the hassle you and I get is the same as what a woman gets. It's not even remotely comparable.

Once in the last month? That's how you're saying we have it tough too?
I actually said the exact opposite. That I DONT know what its like. And I never said we have it more or less tough. Whether we have it tough or the same or whatever is not my point at all.

Different situation but I got made fun of A TON in elementary/jr. high school, like a lot of kids. Even the verbal-only bullshit affected me VERY deeply at the time, so I at least know that part of the feeling. If I had the ability to ignore it, that would have been the best remedy. As I got older, I gained the strength to do so, and it became much less of a problem. I think Chemda is strong, she can do the same if she wants.

My only point is that the best defense against crazy non-immeadiately-threatening outbursts is to ignore them.

Last edited by codefendant; 07-18-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Rape is a crime of violence not sex.

If you are passed out and get raped - you still are a victim of rape.

If you are awake and get raped - you still are a victim of rape.

You dont want either to happen to you, believe me. They both make you feel violated, gross, ashamed, angry, dirty, powerless and a million other not pleasant feelings that come and go as they please and you never know when one of them is going to pop up.

The only way I can think of that being passed out is 'better' is for the rapist only. They can spin their actions so they dont have to realize what an ugly disgusting person they are. And they can say to themselves for the rest of their lives that "I was having sex with my wife." and not feel like a scumbag.
spkheller likes this.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyAnne View Post
The only way I can think of that being passed out is 'better' is for the rapist only. They can spin their actions so they dont have to realize what an ugly disgusting person they are. And they can say to themselves for the rest of their lives that "I was having sex with my wife." and not feel like a scumbag.
HELLO!
Old 07-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

I don't have a pussy.. But I think getting raped with a wrench is probably worse
Cart Horse likes this.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Agreed. I'd take the dick. Let's assume they can stay hard, even though at least there's a chance that they'll go limp: They can only move their dick the way they can move their body; however, they can move a wrench any way they want to. (Let's pretend the wrench isn't adjustable for the sake of brevity.) Plus the skin on the penis will give a little to the vagina or asshole. A wrench isn't giving. It's the wrench's way and that's that.

No wrench for this guy uh-uh no thank you.
Eric M likes this.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Chemda find out how much longer the construction will be. If it's not too long bribe the guys with donuts.
scotticus and J. Canines like this.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Chemda find out how much longer the construction will be. If it's not too long bribe the guys with donuts.
I love you.
The Girl and BrianAlt like this.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

If you go to a rough bar expect to get harassed. They are selling booze and sex in a fairly extreme way at that particular venue it seems. That's the deal.

Don't like it? Get the bar closed, or don't go in. And don't take a job there unless you are prepared to participate in the booze and sex business.

Harassment in that bar has to be considered differently to harassment in say a restaurant for example. The rules are different. Getting groped in that bar is part of its environment.

Harassment depends on the context. What would be considered harassment on the street would not be so at some KATG parities.

Don't want rough comments on the street? Move. Don't go to those areas. And don't live or work in those areas. Or get the laws changed. Or gentrify the area until you can't afford to live or work there anymore. And it would be boring. Or move to Somerset.

Keith and Chemda love the excitement of New York. Harassment, even muggings and rapes, are part of the deal it seems. Suck it up, don't go out, or leave.

Twitter
Old 07-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

Suggestion

Can all next week be dedicated to the weather? Show notes full of kitten pics? Followed by a poll like How Great Are Keith and Chemda: 1) The Best 2) FY!SY! 3) Greatest Podcast Ever

These last few eps have been phenomenal and both Keith and Chemda have done a wonderful job discussing incredibly difficult, super heavy/ politically-charged issues. All while not allowing it to go too far, become a real issue, and ultimately ruin the show.

Cheers and L'Chaim and Good On Ya to the both of you. A+
Keith, The Girl and ImStillToni like this.