Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Last Chance
Keith 28 51.85%
Chemda 26 48.15%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 07-21-2014, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipaloozi View Post
The women who work at Hooters are also made to dress provocatively and at the same time the majority of the customers that visit are males. What's stopping these men at Hooters from grabbing their waitresses' tits and ass when she brings them their drinks?
Nothing. Pay more attention the next time you're at a Hooters.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

KaTG is branching-out more and more, inviting guests that have no affiliation with comedy, and making it work. This was a great show. I really like Will as a new guest. (Understandably more quiet during the more controversial topics.)

P.S. I like how Will mentioned how his main weakness is that he's "too nice", comping whomever asks. Seeing as this is Keith and Chemda's new destination for their circle of friends, it's rather "convenient" that they chose him to be a guest on their show.
theycallmepyro likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

2016: Shake It Off

Well, I'll admit, I've never been to either Hooters or to a strip club so you got me there! Haha.

I didn't intend for my comment to sound like I was stating harassment has never happened at a Hooters. That'd be dumb to think, especially since harassment could happen anywhere.

In Idaho, (among other places I'd imagine) there are coffee shops where the baristas wear nothing but bikinis while on the job. Should they be surprised if/when they're groped as well? It's not the same environment as a strip club, or even Hooters, but the company is using sex to sell their products just as much has the other two companies. What differentiates all three of these occupations from not being surprised when they're harassed? What if it happened to a female lifeguard or personal trainer?

I'm really not trying to argue or start shit with you Keith, or anyone for that matter. I'm just curious if every job that requires a woman to wear a revealing uniform to work falls in the same category as the Johnny Utah's situation or if the lack of surprise when harassment occurs only pertains to women who work at a strip club.

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 07-21-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: im dumb!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You know it doesn't.

You know there's a difference between the vibe at a Hooters and a strip club vs. the vibe at a gym or a coffee shop.

With peace and love I won't even address this.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

I can see both Keith and Chemda point of view on this. I believe a women should be able to work anywhere, no matter what the industry is, and not feel threatened or harassed. But my belief, just like religion, is still not reality.

Reality is that it will happen and if a woman works in a industry where they are selling "sex" then you need to hire women who are willing to use their bodies, not their minds, to make a profit.

I personally, would never work in a place like Johnny Utah's cause I don't want my titties and ass grabbed every two seconds for money. But some women will for the right amount of money and men thank God for women like this. So the lawsuit is bullshit. The women knew what they were signing up for.
Keith and Scumhook like this.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
Seeing as this is Keith and Chemda's new destination for their circle of friends, it's rather "convenient" that they chose him to be a guest on their show.
I trust and hope that this is still a thing by the time of the next KATG week. It sounds super fun.
bithead likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This whole thing seems to be a big misunderstanding because both Keith and Chemda are right. Here's how I see how this happened using a different, less controversial news story.

1) Keith brought up a news story where the cable company was being sued because their costumer service was bad.
2) Keith then made the point that if you call the cable company and didn't expect to get bad customer service you were stupid.
3) Chemda and half the audience then got upset with Keith because they decided his saying "you should expect bad costumer service" is the same as saying the cable companies should be providing bad customer service.
In reality Keith was actually saying "You shouldn't be surprised, but the cable companies SHOULD change and that a lawsuit is a good thing.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
This whole thing seems to be a big misunderstanding because both Keith and Chemda are right. Here's how I see how this happened using a different, less controversial news story.

1) Keith brought up a news story where the cable company was being sued because their costumer service was bad.
2) Keith then made the point that if you call the cable company and didn't expect to get bad customer service you were stupid.
3) Chemda and half the audience then got upset with Keith because they decided his saying "you should expect bad costumer service" is the same as saying the cable companies should be providing bad customer service.
In reality Keith was actually saying "You shouldn't be surprised, but the cable companies SHOULD change and that a lawsuit is a good thing.
I don't think I could still be a fan of this show if I actually believed Keith was a complete sexist asshole but he sure likes to rile us up with clever wordplay (as is his job)

But he absolutely does phrase his words deliberately shitty and unfortunately there are lots of super dumb idiots out there that won't recognize subtleties so I'd rather he speak out about this topic as clearly and unmistakable as he has about other topics.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Three threads and we are finally starting to get to the point. The main problem is two fold.

It's not that men aren't educated about not putting their hands on a woman (you learn not to put your hands on people in pre-K). These men know it and do it anyway, they don't give a fuck. Granted this is a relatively small portion of men. But they are out there doing it regardless of the consequence.

The second and more important problem is that these are the type of men that are attracted to bars like Johnny Utah's.

It's not about men not being able to control themselves in the presence of titties, its about men who knowingly chose not to. It's also about the fact that they seem to all gather in a specific location like this. With all that information wouldn't the most logical choice be to avoid that location all together? Wouldn't choosing not to work there no matter what and having that place close down be more empowering?
Keith, theycallmepyro and Marie77 like this.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Wouldn't choosing not to work there no matter what and having that place close down be more empowering?

It would be a whole lot easier if women didn't apply at these places, most definitely. But not all women are/would be upset with the type of things that could happen in those clubs. Especially with the amount of money they make.

But I see it as a supply/demand situation personally. As long as those women don't care how the patrons act or treat them, there will always be a demand for titty bars.