Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What time period is better?
1970s 10 16.13%
Now 52 83.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree24Likes

Old 07-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I'd looooooove for you to tell me about the multiple meaning of pussy/bitch/cunt and please don't try any "well technically a bitch is a female dog" bullshit
Pussy - 1. Vagina 2. Weak-willed individual; scared; yellow-bellied

Bitch - 1. Agressive or angry woman 2. Weak, sheepish man (similar to "pussy") 3. Female Dog

Cunt - 1. Vagina 2. An asshole or dickish person (similar to "bitch" when referring to a woman)
da_ticklah likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

language is a living thing. beautiful, really.

words can have lots of denotations; you're right, but associations are important to we human creatures. we like to make connections. context and connotation are just as important; more so here when we talk about "others." when we reinforce the idea that 'homosexual' also means 'wussy,' 'effeminate,' 'less than,' 'uncool' we add those words to the people as well. it's really not cool. language changes, it breathes; can we manage to make it less stanky? we have that power. you can choose to not be an asshole to another person by adding to the systemic reasons their lives are more difficult than they need to be, or gallantly wave a dictionary.

my inclination is also that you aren't gay. there's hubris here in how you get to decide what those words we use for them get to mean to them and how they should feel about it. check yo privilege.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-22-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
a word can have two connotations would be "black". There is a big difference between a "black" car (color), or a "black" car (style). It's similar to the South Park episode about the word "Fag". Both "Gay" and "Fag" can have two completely different connotations based on how they are used.
for your edification as we move forward

de·no·ta·tion

ˌdēnōˈtāSHən

noun

the literal or primary meaning of a word, in contrast to the feelings or ideas that the word suggests.

con·no·ta·tion

ˌkänəˈtāSHən

noun

an idea or feeling that a word invokes in addition to its literal or primary meaning.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-22-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

I didn't find myself agreeing with a lot of what Joe spoke on, but I appreciated (for the most part) the logic that he used to get to those points. He defended himself well which made for a great episode to listen to. I wish Keith would shut the fuck up though. Christ, let someone else talk.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhatGuy View Post
but I appreciated (for the most part) the logic that he used to get to those points
give example(s) ?
Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

https://smartrecovery.org/
Old 07-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I appreciate Chemda's idealism, but unfortunately the real world isn't ideal. It's the reason we have doors and locks, instead of trying to teach everyone in the world not to steal. Everyone knows stealing is wrong, but keep on doing it anyway.

Some things are just easier to fix on your end, instead of being shocked when your stuff is gone when you get home to your unlocked house.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

The medical condition Joe's mom died of was probably NASH. It is a rapidly growing problem and soon to become the leading cause of liver transplants. Here is a cnbc story on it... The next hepatitis C? NASH
Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

Doug Stanhope is absolutlely fantastic. Haven't heard him for a while. I must hear more.
King Will and Scumhook like this.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

comment pasta time!

Quote:
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

-Socrates