Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Grammar
Keith and Kambri are right. Follow the rules. 47 81.03%
Relax ! People know what you mean (and thats good enough.) 11 18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

2025: 1 or 3

With Kambri Crews – David Lee Roth’s sexuality; poor people giving to The Church; opening up shop in NYC; Airbnb con artists; Kambri fights to keep her father in prison; making your book lawsuit-proof; grammar Nazis; Kristen Stewart threaten to sue Joan Rivers; how your sexuality affects your parents

Guest:
Kambri Crews

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've always had poor grammar/punctuation... and spelling skills for that matter, I guess I can chalk it up to mild dyslexia. The thing that sucks the most about having poor grammar skills is that people who are good at it can't seem to correct your mistakes without making you feel like an idiot or being a plain ol' douchebag about it. So instead of taking in the criticism and learning from your mistakes, you end up just shutting down and being super defensive about it. The poll seems to assume people are doing it on purpose. To paraphrase Louie C.K.; I'm not writing this way just to fuck with you... I'm not a dick, just illiterate.

I will say that I do use ellipse a lot but that is because it is truer... more true... more accurate to the way I actually speak; disjointed, awkward and if you ask me, endearing.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I've always had poor grammar/punctuation... and spelling skills for that matter, I guess I can chalk it up to mild dyslexia. The thing that sucks the most about having poor grammar skills is that people who are good at it can't seem to correct your mistakes without making you feel like an idiot or being a plain ol' douchebag about it. So instead of taking in the criticism and learning from your mistakes, you end up just shutting down and being super defensive about it. The poll seems to assume people are doing it on purpose. To paraphrase Louie C.K.; I'm not writing this way just to fuck with you... I'm not a dick, just illiterate.

Yeah. There are people who could be a little nicer when they point incorrect spelling/grammar out, but on the opposite side of that, we're living in a society heavily influenced by technology. If I don't know how to spell a word or it just looks weird spelled out, I Google that shit to make sure it's right.

I try to give regular people the benefit of the doubt with spelling, but if businesses run ads or have signs w/word(s) spelled wrong to draw attention, fuck them. An illiterate business ad/sign is not a business strategy. It's either that they're trying too hard to get people to walk/call in to tell them of their spelling error, or they just don't give a shit about proof reading.
Bucho likes this.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have no clue what to pick in the poll.
I Think I have pretty good spelling and grammar skills but I can't seem to get the hang of commas (neither in German nor English btw) but I am definitely a little judgy if I see mistakes by others.

Womp womp
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Saw this on an official memorial in Whittier, Alaska yesterday:

Instagram

If you are wondering why I posted that, you should vote Relax!

And nobody drinks the water from the tap in LA. That case better be thrown out for idiocy.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

O.M.G. I was R.O.T.F.L. at Keith and Kambri's punctuation policing; .... Is this following the rules!?

P.S. I am prepared to be banned from the forums for my actions.
New here and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Kambri,

I sincerely wish you the best in your new endeavor. It sounds like you understand the market need, and have the passion to build something that people will love.

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipaloozi View Post
Yeah. There are people who could be a little nicer when they point incorrect spelling/grammar out, but on the opposite side of that, we're living in a society heavily influenced by technology. If I don't know how to spell a word or it just looks weird spelled out, I Google that shit to make sure it's right.
I get what you're saying but it's just not about spelling, the English language is just fucked. From silent letters, to rules that only apply sometimes; I before E except after... C... maybe? To words that are just blatantly stolen from other languages but pronounced differently; Kindergarten, Dachshund, Gyro. Hell even if you place a comma correctly it can still be incorrect. Not mention words like live and live. It's a wonder we can communicate at all.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

I was silently nodding my head in agreement with Keith and Kambri throughout this entire conversation.

Keith's quote,"Luckily you have your bible so you don't have to feel or relate... behave or goodbye because Kristin certainly won't miss what she's been getting from you."

Really hit me hard for some reason.

Last edited by Tomrl94; 08-01-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

As long as what you are saying is still clear/understandable then I don't care about punctuation and all the other language mistakes including shit like their/there etc.

If (rarely) I correct someone then it's just to be a dick/annoying.
WittyReference likes this.