Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you suffer from bouts of major depression?
Yes 35 36.08%
No 62 63.92%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree103Likes

Old 08-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #51 (permalink)

This shit about "ohh I just found out that someone who's work I really enjoy is a rapist/thief/pedo so now I hate them and everything they've ever done" is ostensibly disingenuous (thanks to KATG, I now know what these 2 words mean).

If you like Cosby (as I do) then if it comes out that he's a rapist, does that make is comedy less funny? If so, why?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Does it make him less funny? No. Does it make him get a less than stellar eulogy? It should.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Does it make him less funny? No. Does it make him get a less than stellar eulogy? It should.
Fair point.

Give him a fuckeulogy.

(I stole that term)
PastaFace and Tulipaloozi like this.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #54 (permalink)

I got depression once and I won it because I am a lucky girl, at that time, always has a person, side by side and helped me much, everything is not as I thought, it is very ok
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Well, in my opinion, Cosby never was a favorite of mine. He's funny, no argument there, but I didn't really start seeking out stand up comedy until I hit high school and he wasn't someone I listened to regularly. I thought he was funny in the sweet old grandpa way from his tv shows and I can respect him as a comedian and sweater fashionisto.
But regarding the man himself, if he had to drug women to get laid even though he was rich and famous (and married), he deserves the same treatment as any other rapists. And that involves ant hills and pudding pops goddammit!
Old 08-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #56 (permalink)

Sorry I'm Late

I just finished listening to this show. Wow. Lenny is a great guest and his attitude toward depressed people was so valuable. He helped kick the discussion into an extra gear, which I think is very important. I've lost two very close friends to suicide/depression, one of whom was the Best Friend Ever of All Time. He killed himself just 5 months ago. We spoke about depression and suicide frequently and when I got the news of his death from his wife I was shocked but , sadly, not surprised. Your show helps so many people like myself to feel we aren't alone with our pain. That is a huge part of depression. The difficulty in sharing the darkness with others. We tend to feel guilty if we tell people the truth about our depression and I tend to agree with Lenny. You shouldn't bring others into your world against their wishes. It is just plain wrong. That is why it's just so horrible that my best friend is gone. He knew how I felt and I knew how he felt. Goddammit.

Pastaface
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #57 (permalink)

*hugs*
Old 08-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #58 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I have been diagnosed for depression, anxiety, and PSTD for about 14 years, I have been on and off several different antidepressants and anti anxiety medications over the years. I think that it is for me, part chemical, part life circumstance. I grew up very poor, sometimes no food, electricity, or running water. I was molested from the age of 4 to the age of 13 by 3 different family members and then was brutally raped at age 14 by a stranger.

I would love to live and learn and grow from these experiences, I'm sure I have. But no drug, no amount of "fake it till you make it" positive bullshit can make me be a different person, I have depression, I try not to let it rule my life, but there are days where I just can't pull myself out. I don't want to feel this way, why would anyone with depression want to. It just is. I can ask people for a hug or to listen me, but bottom line, I think about suicide at least weekly, as an option, if things get too bad, and Im too much of a burden, it's comforting to know that I don't have to deal. Its an illness, I have a good job, with enough money, awesome children that are perfect in every way. I don't want to miss out on their lives, and their children, but somehow I just feel so broken that maybe I shouldn't be a part of it for their sake. Now I know in my brain its not logical, but these thoughts really go through my head, probably a lot of peoples head.

I guess I just don't want you to think that you can just be happy or be a certain way just because you want us to, or we want us to. Believe me if I had a choice all of these things would be life experiences and things to learn from and I would be the person, wife, and mother I dream of.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

After Keith's suggestion on the show the other day, I've started this thread over in Talk Shite:

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...-myself-18767/

Consider it your safe place. Come over and unload.
Keith and Tulipaloozi like this.