Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should blind people be allowed to own guns?
Yes 8 14.29%
No 48 85.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 08-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If a blind person can see, then you're right, they can drive a car.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

You don't have to SEE to drive a car, Keith. You just have to be behind the wheel, with one foot to operate the pedals and at least one hand to steer.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomniac View Post
You don't have to SEE to drive a car, Keith. You just have to be behind the wheel, with one foot to operate the pedals and at least one hand to steer.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
WTF are you talking about?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I submit this for your perusal.
Not only have blind people successfully driven cars, albeit with the assistance of a sighted person, but they have also done so without.

Blind Man Drives Car Independently

As I have said, over and over again, the blind can and DO own and drive vehicles. It is a non-argument.

The comparison of gun to vehicle is a dumb one and does not fit.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I really wish you guys who know a point you make is a "non-argument" or "not up for debate" could tell us right away. It'd save everyone a lot of time.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I really wish you guys who know a point you make is a "non-argument" or "not up for debate" could tell us right away. It'd save everyone a lot of time.
So. Like for example:

Hello. My name is Piffle. I'm 34. Drunk and/ or on drugs. I give a constipated shit about the following post...?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I submit this for your perusal.
Not only have blind people successfully driven cars, albeit with the assistance of a sighted person, but they have also done so without.

Blind Man Drives Car Independently

As I have said, over and over again, the blind can and DO own and drive vehicles. It is a non-argument.

The comparison of gun to vehicle is a dumb one and does not fit.
"successfully navigated 1.5 miles of the road course section of the famed track at the Daytona International Speedway."

driving independently on a closed track less than 2 miles with nobody else on the road with a technology that is not allowing blind folks to currently own and drive vehicles. the added seconds of reaction time for the technology to vibrate and the driver to respond in an emergency could be fucking critical. you're being goddamn goofy.
Keith and bithead like this.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

I swear that at least 50% of the cunts on the road these days are fucking blind, based on their driving.
Paraquat likes this.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:24 AM   #30 (permalink)

All I tried to point out is that Blind people are not restricted from OWNING vehicles (an error made on the show), blind people do drive (an argument made, erroneously, in this forum), and further, that making the comparison of vehicle to gun is dumb.

Simply put, a vehicle is a necessary machine (not a tool) used daily by a lot of people for transportation. A gun is specifically designed as a weapon (not a tool) to maim and kill.

One could go around in circles making comparisons between machinery or other tools to guns, but the fact remains, firearms are specific to bodily injury and death, vehicles are not.

My opinion is that a blind person, given the exact right environment could use a vehicle (or other tool or machine, say, even a chainsaw) for it's manufactured purpose. I cannot imagine a blind person having the exact right environment to use a firearm of any kind for it's manufactured purpose.

For more on the original INTENDED purpose of firearms, I direct you to this citation: Historians typically recognize Chinese fire lances, which were invented in the 10th century, as the first guns. These bamboo or metal tubes projected flames and shrapnel at their targets.

Last edited by Zomniac; 04-10-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: added a citation and clarified language