Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the President be allowed to take a vacation?
Yes 90 86.54%
No 14 13.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 08-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

If the suspect is armed and there is a threat, I understand the steps officers need to take to make sure all officers/civilians involved make it home that day. But when the suspect/civilian is unarmed, killing them should not even be an option.
Different situations call for different reactions being taken. Someone taking a swing at a cop, for instance, which is stupid don't get me wrong, doesn't justify killing someone. It justifies jail time for assaulting an officer and a taze, sure, but not death.

The positive thing that has come out of this tragedy in Ferguson is now people are hearing about these cases that involve suspicious officer activity and an innocent civilian being killed that haven't been given the attention they deserve until now.

For example, the story below. How in the actual fuck can this kid be searched TWICE, yet he conveniently pulls out a gun from his right front pocket (FYI he was left handed according to his mom) and shoots himself while cuffed and stuffed in the back of a cop car? The thing that's the most infuriating, it was never looked into and was ruled a suicide.

All because he was pulled over with a little bit of weed. And, of course, for being black.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/21/...of-police-car/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Cops are instructed to shoot to kill. Why!? Because in a stressful situation the likelihood of missing is extremely high. Same goes for anybody who goes thru a firearms self-defense class. Cops are taught to aim center mass (middle of the chest) to stop the suspect as quickly as possible and to reduce the chance of missing. In a situation that requires anybody to draw their firearm, the adrenaline is pumping and the ability to hit a small target (like an arm) is reduced to next to nothing.

You would also be amazed at how little practice most Police get with firearms. NYPD get to practice with their firearms MAYBE twice a year (usually just to re-qualify). And typical firearms training for Police is just target practice. Simulating the stressful situation that would actually require them to use a firearm just doesn't happen. So when the situation does arise, they are typically poorly prepared for it.
phl8me and Tulipaloozi like this.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Fuuuck Youuu and welcome to the forums.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Team Chemda/Louis CK. Do whatever you want to with my body after I'm dead. Knock yourselves out.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

Cops shooting to kill is the SECOND part of the issue, first we need to discuss why cops decide to shoot to kill more non-white people than white people. I keep hearing "an officer's first job is to return home" WWWTTTFFF I thought it was to protect and serve, not to keep themselves safe above all else. I DON'T MEAN THAT THEY NEED TO BE MARTYRS WHO SERVE US, but they apparently believe that it's better to kill than to be approached too closely.

Did you know officer Darren Wilson worked in a police department that was disbanded because of its extreme racism? And that his GoFundMe made more money than the Michael Brown family support fund did? The motivations that drive Ferguson are undeniable by now...

About the Presidential vacations, it's not like he just plays golf like Mr. Monopoly for a week, he works on vacations just as much, and many vacations are official business. But of course if Obama does it, it's bad.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I don't want anyone to do anything illegal to my body after I'm dead.
Is it illegal to take a body from a small country cemetery. Take said corpse to a taxidermist. Get the body stuffed and put it in the next Rob Zombie movie?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Is it illegal to take a body from a small country cemetery. Take said corpse to a taxidermist. Get the body stuffed and put it in the next Rob Zombie movie?
it should be illegal for Rob Zombie to make more movies after the last couple of turds.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Meanwhile a lot of that "Molly is pure MDMA" malarkey is just bollocks/marketing attempts to repackage an old drug with a sexier/cuter new brand name.
This is an interesting argument that Dr Drew has been making recently. He has said that re-branding drugs is actually studied in economics.

In my extensive drug experience with Molecule MDMA, it is a tan powder. It basically looks like sand. It is the pressed pills, (usually with a stamp - the stamp is the brand) that normally have cut in them.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Now why would Ferguson police officers show up at a hospital where the young woman who was supposedly shot in a drive by after walking back to her car from the protests and take the only evidence that proves what actually happened to her??

http://privacysos.org/node/1504
Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

I was almost on Chemda and Danny's side, but then I realized: If someone is brandishing a knife and tries to approach me with the obvious intent to stab me, and I just so happen to have a loaded gun with me, then of course I'm going to blast them. All of my favorite shit happens while I'm alive and I'd hate to miss any of it because I was got confused about my marksmanship by a game of Duck Hunt and tried to strategically shoot someone's pinky off.