Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the President be allowed to take a vacation?
Yes 90 86.54%
No 14 13.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 08-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I'm going to need people that say; "just shoot them in the foot," to stop saying that. Like the caller said in the show, in police training they train them to not only shoot "center mass (the torso)" but they also teach them to drop the target. The cops did exactly what they were trained to do. It sounds super uninformed to say; "they weren't trained right" and it takes away from the issue. It's also super hard to hit a moving target period. Let alone shooting them in the hand or foot.
Their job isn't to 'drop' targets at will when they feel threatened. That's not doing their job. They should be trained differently.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
If you pull a knife on a cop, you deserve to get shot.

If you wave a gun (toy or not) at a cop, you deserve to get shot.

If you've just knocked over a store, and are walking down the middle of the street like a cunt, you deserve to get shot.
I'm not a big fan of most cops. Before you good cops start talking about a few bad apples, ask yourself why it is so much easier to keep quite about the bad apples and go on busting college kids for weed. At least 50% of the time, when I hear a police report, I wonder why they were dealing with that instead of handling all the rape, assault, and property crime instances.

That being said, in most circles pertaining to self defense (armed or open-hand), seven yards is the accepted break line. As a private person, you can use lethal force to defend yourself against a threat within seven yards of yourself.

Now, an important note, I am not a lawyer and I don't know the rules for every state and country. However, the seven yard rule is fairly common for any incident outside of your home. Beyond seven yards, most places require you to attempt to flee before you attempt to defend yourself.

Most police departments recommend a similar demarcation point, as do most domestic (US) security companies. Within seven yards, a lethal response to a threat is allowed. Beyond seven yards, another approach is taught.

Try this at home, see if you can pull your iphone out and snap a picture before your buddy seven yards away can grab you by the belt buckle. Closing the seven yard gap takes very little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
If you're wearing a uniform and telling journalists they have to stop filming you deserve to get shot and teargassed and waterboarded and forced to listen to Kei$ha.
Whether or not Mike Brown was right or wrong or somewhere between wrong but not guilty of a "hanging offense;" the ridiculous clamp down on protests and journalism is wrong. It loudly proclaims that your department is afraid of the truth and desperate to control the flow of information.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'll now carry a card in my wallet that says "Fuck Donor"
Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Remember when David Cross did comedy?

Old 08-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Their job isn't to 'drop' targets at will when they feel threatened. That's not doing their job. They should be trained differently.
Their job is to serve and protect. If they are threatened while doing so they will use deadly force to protect themselves and others. It's an ugly occurrence when it happens, but it happens.

Saying they should be, "retrained" is a nothing statement. So tell me, what's your "better way of training?"
phl8me likes this.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

ESP
Old 08-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

We don't want people who clearly need mental health care to be shot dead, but we don't want police officers endangered nor fumbling between live ammo guns and tasers.

The solution? Shotguns full of rock salt. Hurts like hell; rarely is it lethal.

WIN WIN BABY!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeGandarilla View Post
first we need to discuss why cops decide to shoot to kill more non-white people than white people.
Because they're the ones committing more of the crimes, you stupid cunt.
phl8me likes this.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
We don't want people who clearly need mental health care to be shot dead, but we don't want police officers endangered nor fumbling between live ammo guns and tasers.

The solution? Shotguns full of rock salt. Hurts like hell; rarely is it lethal.

WIN WIN BABY!!!
Unless you're a ghost.

#supernatural
Old 08-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
I think to Keith's point, "Trained Differently" is not a solution. The vast number of police officers and too little tax money delegated towards "training" them is the reason you don't have an army of highly trained ninja police roaming the streets that can fend off knife wielding criminals. The job of police is to contain the situation as quickly as possible before it escalates, then report to judges and lawyers and detectives what happened. They are not Judge Dredd's. That's why you are supposed to comply with the police, then get a lawyer and straighten things out later. Not fight back and get shot. It's easy to find numerous videos of police that tried to be "the nice guy" and end up getting killed by the criminals because they didn't immediately control the situation. Whether it's by the criminal's hidden partner that sneaks up behind the cops and shoots them, or hidden weapons that get pulled and used, or even a knife in the wide open. Knives are extremely dangerous. There is a video of at least 6 police surrounding a man with a knife, and they do not have their guns in ready position because they feel they have more numbers. The guy starts attacking with the knife and kills 3 police officers before they finally shoot him dead.

Obviously it's a shame when the innocent get mistreated or corrupt cops abuse their power, but that is not a training issue, that's a morality issue. That's why Internal Affairs exists.

And I thought we were all on board with Keith's "One Strike and You're Dead" rule.