Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Molly
Thumbs up 19 36.54%
Thumbs down 33 63.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes

Old 09-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've watched 15 year olds melt down in front of me from talking Molly.

When I say melt down - I mean full blown, simultaneous, multi system organ failure. They shit and piss a substance that smells worse than death.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I've watched 15 year olds melt down in front of me from talking Molly.

When I say melt down - I mean full blown, simultaneous, multi system organ failure. They shit and piss a substance that smells worse than death.
Well.. that's terrifying.

So is the statistic from the DEA, although I wonder if there's an issue with sample size there, because I find it hard to believe only 13% of Molly/MDMA out there is actually Molly/MDMA.

I took MDMA/Molly/Ecstasy/Whatever at a club where they were playing House/EDM/Techno/Whatever. My friends who were with me that night hooked me up, they bought some from a guy (who I thought was a friend of theirs) in the club. I didn't even know what MDMA was, I thought I was taking something akin to LSD. It ended up being one of the best nights of my life, but I found out later that my friends didn't even know the guy they were buying the drugs from.

The way one friend explained it to me was that the clubs actually vet the dealers they allow in and make sure they're dealing the real thing, because they want people coming back to that club and they need to maintain their reputation as a fun, safe place to party. Half the bar was just stocked with water bottles, they're definitely catering to the MDMA crowd.

Do they actually vet the dealers? No idea, I'd like to believe so but it does seem like there's a huge risk involved in taking any drug out there. You really don't know where it came from or what it's mixed with.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

That poor tree.
stevo8523 likes this.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ecstacy is incredible. Now. Never do it..?

My Aunt and Uncle followed the Grateful Dead from 1979 to 1995 when Jerry Garcia died. They told me stories of people passing huge piles of cocaine with a rolled up $100 bill around the crowd. When the pile was gone; the mirror and bill were passed back till it reached the owner. Everyone was on LSD. These were hardcore drug users, (they were Dead Heads - duh) but it was incredibly rare to hear about an overdose that resulted in death.

I remember when Phish got big in the mid-1990's. My Aunt and Uncle were amazed at all the kids that would OD at those shows. It seemed like everyone was on like six different drugs. It scared them. Phish lot was totally different than Dead lot. The younger generation of show-goers were obviously taking more drugs. They were also taking NEW drugs.

I myself remember going with a girlfriend to a hippie, 3 day jam fest called Hookahville. It was 1998. We would walk around the campground in absolute horror as dozens of little hippie kids were carried out in stretchers. "WTF is going on?" we asked. We'd been to tons of shows. Taken tons of drugs. Never seen anything like it.

In retrospect, designer drugs, (like ecstasy) completely altered drug culture. In fact, if you look at a graph, there's a distinct drop in alcohol use, (around late 90's)due to the spike in designer drugs. Even with the widespread popularity; there's little known about them. These drugs are constantly changing due to chemists altering molecules. No one knows dosage or what other drugs, (when combined) produce a lethal effect.

In over 20 years of ecstasy use; we've learned very little. It's more prevalent than ever before, but still illegal. The result is zero progress. We ignore the deaths and jail the living. Ecstasy is another casualty of the Drug War.

It's ridiculous that in 2014, we can name foods high in calories and which have the most vitamins, but we know very little about drugs that we consume every weekend or holiday. I appreciate people like Keith and Chemda adding to the drug dialogue. The only real way to further the conversation, however, is to free up the science of recreational drug use with legalization and studies; so that we have something of substance to talk about.

Otherwise it's more of the same with questions like, "What does sex feel like on ecstasy? The answer can't be bad. It MUST feel good. Why wouldn't it?" LOL Danny
Scat likes this.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Watch the first 2mins of video. Compelling story of mother who lost daughter to ecstasy and now calls for drug legalization to prevent more deaths.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm more than a little disappointed that I didn't hear an "I'LL GIVE YA A P&L STATEMENT!" during the bit about Kiss.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Your stats are bullshit too. 87% of PRESSED PILLS likely contain additional substances than MDMA. That statistic you used is straight fucking propaganda. I am so sick of people spouting off nonsense about substances the have very little experience with or knowledge of. Anyone who has taken MDMA can tell the difference of the shit they take. Its up to them to experiment. Dont rain on peoples parade with your propaganda. I hate to name call, but you are a fucking moron and putting people in danger by spreading bullshit.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

In all fairness, how's he putting people's lives in danger?

And you're SUPPOSED to experiment with these things? Ah boy...
Old 09-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
In all fairness, how's he putting people's lives in danger?

And you're SUPPOSED to experiment with these things? Ah boy...
I didn't necessarily mean life threatening danger, but its part of a pattern of propaganda that results in an ignorance about substances, which can be very dangerous. True education and open dialogue about all drugs is how to make people safer. When people think they CANT know or its impossible to know what they are taking, they are in danger of thinking:

"ah, you can never know whats in shit, so fuck it, I'll stop caring so much about whats in it, and if certain side effects happen or an overdose, I wont know how to treat it, because I don't know what was ingested because you cant know."

What I think is more likely to happen though is that it will cause people to be dismissive about drugs thought of as "street" drugs, make people paranoid, and ruin the possibility of them having a very healing or life-changing experience.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm still listening, but I thought I'd mention before I forget: there's efforts to allow/increase study of psychedelic drugs in general, including MDMA, LSD, and mushrooms. Due to the relatively few negative effects (compared to a lot of that we currently can get), along with the lack of addict-ability (on some of the psychedelics), there's a lot of good stuff that we could potentially gain due to them. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, they're such a black box because study isn't allowed due to the War on Drugs/hysteria of the past.

MAPS is doing a lot of work trying to get more science into these drugs. They're holding multiple small MDMA studies for PTSD victims, with fairly positive results. They've also done at least one LSD study for terminal patients. The result on that was also positive (the patients were more accepting of death/better equipped to handle it). The reports of "positive results" may be biased, I'm not sure. I think MDMA/LSD/others could do some real good for people, though.

MAPS currently is holding an indiegogo project to collect money to run some more MDMA studies. If you want to see what they're doing/where they are now, that's a good rundown.