Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we have access to the videos debated about on this episode?
Yes 51 89.47%
No 6 10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

Old 09-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

2049: Tackling the Issues

With John Knefel and Molly Knefel – The dangers of molly; Casio’s calculator watch vs. Apple’s iWatch; Johnny “Football” Menziel, Antonio “Liu Kang” Brown, Ray “Wifebeater” Rice, Jerry “Genitalia” Jones; Kevin Sorbo defends Mel Gibson; Chick-Fil-A founder dies; a church gargoyle kills a young mother; War Machine arrested; Muslim women and their eyesight

Guests:
John Knefel

Molly Knefel

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)

Last edited by Keith; 09-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

i always get a thrill when my feedback is read on air.

i wasnt too suprised when i heard mine read on air on this episode about yesterday's episode (about molly)

i never really thought of my condition as extreme, but i guess it is.
i am on the same thing that JFOD takes as well as Welbutrin (i think Danny takes that one, which is a milder pill) and then also a third pill for depression and anxiety.... i guess that makes me crazier than JFOD and Danny combined...oh jeez

if i do miss one of the pills (specifically the same one jfod takes) i do suffer from massive depression which is only bearable knowing that in 2-3 days it will be over.

i suffer from bipolar disorder but unlike JFOD, i lean towards depression instead of mania. my flying off the handle includes staying at home taking 4-5 showers a day and not eating instead of believing im a super spy out to save the world.

Thank you so much for freely talking about mental disorders and getting comics to open up. you have helped me more than you know and have seriously helped me get through some tough times. long story short, i had to deal with my mom going crazy (actual crazy) and dealing with my own disorder (as well as getting diabetes)

on that note:
ive actually been trying to compose an e-mail to Chemda to apologize. right before i was able to get serious help and get on medication, i had called into a marathon (the book marathon) and i mentioned that i was depressed and was thinking about suicide. i called in the middle of one of the prank phone call sections. ive been incredibly embarrassed about it and have been wanting to explain and apologize... that was me and i did get help...

Last edited by Sorin Markov; 09-11-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Sorin, no need to apologize. I'm glad you're getting help. Thanks for listening and participating. All is awesome!
dEadERest and Cart Horse like this.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like we need a caged football game with all the murderers, rapists and drug abusers. Bring out the gladiators.

I'll get a computer watch when it's made by Boliva.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Keith's riff on who ratted on Jesus was damn funny. #letsgetreal
Bucho and WittyReference like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

That Poor Tree

Let me tell you something about these trees. I live in the mountains and see these trees on the daily. I'm pretty much a tree expert. So I'm going to divulge some tree info that not all may be privy to.

KATG Trees > Regular-ass Trees

The science is in and I couldn't be clearer.
Keith, Bucho and Scumhook like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

If there is a morality clause about beating your wife in Ray Rice's contract, then yes he should be kicked out. Other than that there are tons of criminals that are still allowed to play. This is no different than the other murderers, rapist.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Great show! Chemda really explained her point clearly this episode.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Great show! Chemda really explained her point clearly this episode.
As opposed to all the other episodes?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Sorry, Danny. People aren't just excited because it's Apple.

Don't underestimate the Apple Watch. I know it's Keith and Chemda's job to make fun of every aspect of it, but it actually packs a shitload of things not found in other smart watches. Think outside the box about how people will be using its features for years to come.

The watch offers vibrations to inform you when you should turn left or right. This could be so useful for pedestrians and cyclists who don't want their phone on their bike somewhere or don't want to stop on the side of the street to pull out their phone look at it, then get back into their bike. It saves time and it's safer. This is just one small thing among many.

Chemda was spot-on about having to take the phone out of pockets and purses. This is an annoying first world problem, particularly for women. I already hate needing a purse just because a lot of women's clothing don't have practical pockets that can even fit a regular smart phone now. Maybe in the back pocket, if that. I would use the watch more than a phone if it meant that I wouldn't have to fumble around in a purse.

As for the other arguments about being more in sync with technology and being less social in person... Well, it's not like we're going to get any less tech obsessed. The same douchebags who constantly check their phones when they're hanging out with you are the same inconsiderate people who are going to be staring at their watches like dumb dumbs. Don't worry about it. This kind of thing is already here. People are ignoring you and are drawn to their phones.

I felt compelled to post this because, right after Apple made their product announcements, people who enjoy hating and Android geeks immediately started posting about how much Apple copied Android phones, as if though these companies don't constantly copy each other.

I own both Android and iOS based phones as a designer and developer, and I can tell you that they both have their own issues. If you're looking for base-level performance, either is fine. But no one can beat Apple's attention to detail and how inclusive they are to both men and women and the different sizes, styles and preferences they have (at least for these watches). Apple created a whole new interface for their new product. Many other companies don't do this. They other companies basically slapped their existing interfaces onto watch screens. This type of detail is why Apple will be at the top of the game for a while longer.

Here's a decent review of the watch : A Watch Guy's Thoughts On The Apple Watch After Seeing It In The Metal (Tons Of Live Photos) ? HODINKEE - Wristwatch News, Reviews, & Original Stories
(Online)   Reply With Quote