Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there more to Keith than meets the eye?
Yes 44 53.66%
No 38 46.34%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree125Likes

Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #41 (permalink)

I don't understand where you get this "from nothing into something" idea. Obviously something existed before the big bang that caused it, it's just that what aforementioned "something" must be is still mostly unknown to us. However, substituting in a deity for an absence of knowledge is nonsensical.

Is saying "I don't know" a bad thing? It took us a very long time to learn what atoms are, and before its discovery, nobody knew what matter was truly made of. However, the most accepted theory was that it was made of elements such as fire, water, earth and air (and to an extent, aether). Why? Because we, the masses, were too scared to say that we didn't know, and were too scared to question. Eventually, a few people did attempt to question, and it was that thinking (along with a lot of dead freethinkers) that brought us from the technologically stagnant Middle Ages to where we are now.

Also, tell me what is more believable: a random explosion that, over the course of billions of years, created the universe we know today as hot primordial gases coalesced to create stars, and those stars churning exploding and creating heavier matter, and that heavier matter eventually coalescing to create planets, and one of those planets out of billions and billions having the proper conditions to create the planet we currently live on? Or a sentient being with many varying creation theories and many different names, too many to list. One we have created assumptions for from observing the properties of our universe, and the other we have created assumptions for from a book of tales, or the spoken word of ancestors.

Believe me, I understand your plight. It is difficult to accept, but you have to eventually accept it: yes, we don't know, but what we do know for sure is that god does not exist. The chances of such a being existing are so little that you might as well say it is next to impossible.

You are free to believe what you wish, but at least remember to always question what you know. The brain is naturally inclined to work irrationally.
CsisandDesist likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedno View Post
How so?
Excellent 1st post.

Short and to the point, and designed to elicit some wanker with USI to dump more crap that no one's going to read.

7/10.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Short and to the point
eesh
Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
tl;dr
I see I spoke somewhat too soon about your posting ability.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
eesh
You're sending me on somewhat of a rollercoaster here...
Keith, flerchin and John Galt like this.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
You're sending me on somewhat of a rollercoaster here...
Third time's the charm.
flerchin likes this.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:06 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Third time's the charm.
^ He says, on his 4th post.

Fuck you.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

No you're completely right and not knowing is annoying. You win...
Old 09-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I don't understand where you get this "from nothing into something" idea. Obviously something existed before the big bang that caused it, it's just that what aforementioned "something" must be is still mostly unknown to us. However, substituting in a deity for an absence of knowledge is nonsensical.

Is saying "I don't know" a bad thing? It took us a very long time to learn what atoms are, and before its discovery, nobody knew what matter was truly made of. However, the most accepted theory was that it was made of elements such as fire, water, earth and air (and to an extent, aether). Why? Because we, the masses, were too scared to say that we didn't know, and were too scared to question. Eventually, a few people did attempt to question, and it was that thinking (along with a lot of dead freethinkers) that brought us from the technologically stagnant Middle Ages to where we are now.

Also, tell me what is more believable: a random explosion that, over the course of billions of years, created the universe we know today as hot primordial gases coalesced to create stars, and those stars churning exploding and creating heavier matter, and that heavier matter eventually coalescing to create planets, and one of those planets out of billions and billions having the proper conditions to create the planet we currently live on? Or a sentient being with many varying creation theories and many different names, too many to list. One we have created assumptions for from observing the properties of our universe, and the other we have created assumptions for from a book of tales, or the spoken word of ancestors.

Believe me, I understand your plight. It is difficult to accept, but you have to eventually accept it: yes, we don't know, but what we do know for sure is that god does not exist. The chances of such a being existing are so little that you might as well say it is next to impossible.

You are free to believe what you wish, but at least remember to always question what you know. The brain is naturally inclined to work irrationally.
You make an astounding number of incorrect assertions and conclusions in a relatively small number of words. Kudos!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandias View Post
You make an astounding number of incorrect assertions and conclusions in a relatively small number of words. Kudos!
Make a statement and have nothing to back it up. Very indicative of your intelligence.

Last edited by Sedno; 09-16-2014 at 11:57 PM.