Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there more to Keith than meets the eye?
Yes 44 53.66%
No 38 46.34%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree125Likes

Old 09-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #81 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarveillance View Post
I don't think it is either, that's why I can't figure out how a timeout can be considered a physical punishment.
I meant, if the two categories are either physical or communicative, then a pure timeout is physical. The child is not being spoken to during timeout. Just removed from the environment. If a conversation happens during timeout, then it no longer becomes physical and becomes communicative. It's the difference between jail and rehabilitation.
Czarveillance likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #82 (permalink)

I can see that angle of it. I think of a physical punishment as something meant to cause physical pain or discomfort through direct contact so it's probably just a matter of definitions. Thanks for clarifying!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I use to hate the, "What are you thinking?" question from women until I realized it seems to be a passive way of them getting you to ask them what they are thinking.
I've asked this but never so I could wait my turn to talk. It's always when the other person is quiet and you can clearly see something going on behind their eyes. The answer with this bf has usually been "just worrying about bill stuff."
We constantly worry about "bill stuff"..

I've had a crush on Samira Wiley since her first episode. It's "Poo-say".

I missed the "out in the open" part of the poll, to be fair I'd been drinking.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 09-18-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #84 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Bastard Keith was a great guest. I liked that he pushed back on both Chemda and Keith, not because I agreed with him but some of the best material happens when Keith or Chemda have their opinion challenged.

The part about Keith in the black theater was my favorite. I don't care if it was "hack" or not. It really happened and Keith made it funny. I purposely go to the black theater for certain movies. I thought I was the only one who's seen someone take a selfie for Facebook during a film. Didn't know this was a thing that is catching on.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Bastard Keith was a great guest. I liked that he pushed back on both Chemda and Keith, not because I agreed with him but some of the best material happens when Keith or Chemda have their opinion challenged.

The part about Keith in the black theater was my favorite. I don't care if it was "hack" or not. It really happened and Keith made it funny. I purposely go to the black theater for certain movies. I thought I was the only one who's seen someone take a selfie for Facebook during a film. Didn't know this was a thing that is catching on.
you clearly have no idea what it's like to be a white man living in a politically correct white man's world.
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #86 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I came.

Possibly the greatest idea in the history of great ideas.
Agreed

(the part about having Dixon and BK in the same room on mic)

(it's ok with me if Scumhook spackles the room too, but his room, please, or bring enough wipes for everyone)

(those wipes get expensive, better plan ahead)

(the only thing that would make this idea better would be to add Jesse Joyce)

(to the conversation, not necessarily to the wet wipe distribution logistics chain)
Attached Images
File Type: gif tumblr_mosypn0ZlM1sw9foco1_500.gif (1,019.2 KB, 52 views)
Scumhook likes this.

Last edited by John Galt; 09-19-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: this thread needed another gif
Old 09-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
We naturally learn from pain. If you burn your hand, you stop putting it in fire. If you stub your toe, you try to not kick it on a table anymore. Many people cannot hear and understand something without experiencing it. You can tell a kid not to touch a knife because he can hurt himself, and many will still cut themselves and thus learn through the experience..
I agree that everybody can understand physical discipline, but shouldn't parents have a better relationships with their kids than fire does?

I mean what's the message they're supposed to understand? If you touch fire it burns you, and if you piss dad off he hurts you? They have to learn their words eventually. If the parent can't communicate, then that's part of your job. Learn how to do it and teach your kid how to do it or they'll grow up and think they have to hurt kids to get their way.
Czarveillance likes this.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #88 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The discussion keeps going back to should kids ever be physically hit or not. And I think the real discussion is that Adrian Peterson is a straight up child abuser.
The Girl and Jmizzle like this.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
The discussion keeps going back to should kids ever be physically hit or not. And I think the real discussion is that Adrian Peterson is a straight up child abuser.
I completely agree with that. It said that he kept beating the kid over and over again only because he wasn't crying. His wife said that the kid is only 4. He was just trying to be strong for you. No matter what the argument is, when you see shit like this there is no gray area. Its straight physical abuse. I think it should be illegal to have kids if you a. Don't have the means to support him/her financially, and b. Don't opt in to take a psych eval.
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #90 (permalink)

I've never hated a guest before Bastard Keith.

I don't get any of the praise for him. We already have a Jesse Joyce with the bonus of Jesse not being an unlistenable, hypocritical, unfunny, wet-blanket, joke-ruining tool.

Go join a rowing team, you smarmy, condescending prick.
Scumhook likes this.