Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever left a hurtful YouTube comment?
Yes 15 16.13%
No 78 83.87%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 09-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2058: I’m a Guy

With Christy Coffey – The iPhone Wave; growing up in Las Vegas; getting fired as a producer; Kris and Bruce Jenner divorce; BuzzFeed’s transgender video feat. Chemda and Lauren; Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn can see ghosts

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 09-24-2014 at 06:40 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Dude, how rad would it be if Chemda interviewed someone who lost it all in Vegas?
Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

A wave from a kindred spirit...

I wanted to say hello and wave to Lauren! (also to Chenda and Keith) I knew I was not the only FtM transgender who does not seek to transition. I "get it" because I live it... every day, every night always in drag... (laughing)

I shared the YouTube vid over on Bigender dot net... love it.
(and looked up the podcast site just to say hi)

I so understand how its not quite a 'lesbian" relationship... the dynamic/chemistry is just different, than it is with two female gender identified people.

Please please focus on the positive comments and aspects of life, and consider the negative as no more that dog poopies to be washed off the walkway.

Hugs, from a distant friend.
Jay T.

Last edited by jayt; 09-24-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typeo (thank you for the edit button)
Old 09-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wow the responses by some of the people on that Buzz Feed video blew my mind. I say fuck 'em Lauren! You are awesome. I know personally through listening to you on the show I have learned so much more about the trans community than I ever would have on my own. I have learned to better understand how to show them the respect and love that they deserve for being who they are.

So thank you Lauren, and keep on being awesome!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

I personally don't understand fully the transgender mindset but I fully support my friends and Lauren. Since chatting with my friend about it I can understand more of the point of view from the transgendered person and I am appreciative of my friend taking time to answer my ignorant questions. Getting to know someone makes a difference.
Talking about it and putting out the buzzfeed video is great for raising awareness and acceptance.
Don't stop!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I also must point out one of the many idiotic reasonings they kept using. They reasoned that your gender is set by your genitalia. This would then mean that your genitalia has a brain of sorts that controls the way you dress, act and generally think about yourself regarding gender. In which case when a person lost their genitalia, then they should also lose their identity of gender. When a woman who has a hysterectomy does she become 70% less woman? Or is a man that is born without a nut 40% less man?
I see your point, but your genitalia does affect your brain. For example, testes produce testosterone which definitely has a huge impact on men's behaviour.
Los and Lanfear like this.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

2058: I’m a Guy

With this, and anything in life really, I don't understand why other people feel like their hatred and uneducated opinions should be given to those who were brave enough to stand up and say, "hey, this may not be the 'norm', but this is who I am and if I can help out others like me, then so be it." Lauren has more balls than any of those jackasses throwing their two cents into the comment sections will ever have.

It doesn't take much for the sheeple to herd together and accept the one "right" way to live, but it does take a very brave and strong individual to stand up to the idiotic masses and tell them and their cookie cutter image views on life to fuck off.

Thank you guys for sharing.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
You are correct in the testosterone being created and the effect it has on the brain, but you are wrong on that it has a huge impact on men's behavior.
Testosterone in men has a big impact on behavior. Culturally defining traits as masculine is a different matter.

Studies have linked testosterone to aggression, dominance, and both antisocial and prosocial behavior in men depending on external factors and personal motives. The link of high testosterone to criminal behavior is an example of having an antisocial influence. Men having high testosterone are also associated with seeking and achieving powerful positions, and being bold and self-assured in general.

Low testosterone in men is a serious medical condition that can negatively affect libido, mood and metabolism, which in turn affect behavior.

7 Crazy Things Testosterone Does in Your Body | Men's Health

Testosterone Fuels Both Competition and Protectiveness | Psychology Today
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Nobody really knows who you are but you, and even then you can be wrong. Not only are we all different, but we're all (hopefully) learning and developing as we trek down this weird road of life.

Thank the Great and Powerful Bob that we're all different too; otherwise this would be a much less interesting world.

Attached Images
File Type: gif tumblr_msh60tTLLo1qap9uuo1_500.gif (1,011.6 KB, 4 views)
Scat, robotparker and Tulipaloozi like this.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

I really like Laruen's attitude towards all this gender/sex/etc shit. Simple and humble, not preachy and not pretending to have all the fucking answers.

Also, how the fuck have only 11% of poll respondents left hurtful YouTube comments??? I call bullshit.